Groups

RAM Prices

Cant believe how much RAM prices have shot up in 3months. Picked up 2gb of RAM for GF's laptop in Aug for £17 and now its £34. Thats crazy! Are they likely to fall anytime soon?

8 Comments

oh my, i just checked, not long ago from crucial i bought 2 x 2gb ram for £34. and now look at the price! i dont know whats goin on lol

crucial.com/uk/…304

Original Poster

golemsmate;6749865

oh my, i just checked, not long ago from crucial i bought 2 x 2gb ram for … oh my, i just checked, not long ago from crucial i bought 2 x 2gb ram for £34. and now look at the price! i dont know whats goin on lolhttp://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=5F280B5AA5CA7304

I know crazy! 100% price rise

Many reasons this is happening, main one probably is because manufacturers are producing more and more DDR3 now than before so their DDR2 production is slowly dissapearing. Same happened when we switched from DDR to DDR2 although it wasn't quite this quick.

i would say they're bringing something new out but surely that'd mean price decreases. Urm... surely they cant stay at such high prices?

the best bet to get cheap ones would be ebay, riskier but a lot cheaper

Nothing new. Volatile market and it's to be expected. Stock up when you don't need it @ cheap prices when you can.

golemsmate;6749888

the best bet to get cheap ones would be ebay, riskier but a lot cheaper

Give it 6 months, a year, or maybe a little more and this won't be a choice it will be your only option :thumbsup:

quite annoyed wanted 2gb ram for my samsung n110 netbook, when i got my netbook couple months back 2gb was around £17-20, its now bloody £35, quite annoyed! and i dont plan to buy it for another couple months (im 16 with no money lol) god knows how much it going to cost then!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Keter 6x4 shed.44
      2. Are the free antivirus any good?66
      3. Currys Return33
      4. How long do CEX take to process a bank transfer?87

See more discussions