Ramadan Kareem to all our muslim members

49 replies
Found 10th Aug 2010
I would just like to wish all the muslim members here a good Ramadan. I hear that is starts tomorrow - so i hope you all have an easy time fasting.

51 Comments

Ramadhan Kareem. Best wishes to all the muslim members

best wishes to all our muslim friends.

Reminds me, I might as well diet at the same time, that way I don't feel alone.

ramadan kareem. can someone get a link to the timetable for when we can break our fast?

ALICOM007

ramadan kareem. can someone get a link to the timetable for when we can … ramadan kareem. can someone get a link to the timetable for when we can break our fast?

Where abouts are you, times differ on where you are

ALICOM007

ramadan kareem. can someone get a link to the timetable for when we can … ramadan kareem. can someone get a link to the timetable for when we can break our fast?

Get one from your local mosque.
Edited by: "strike" 10th Aug 2010

thanks for the links.

why are different cities different times? anyone care to explain in simple terms to a layman-Im genuinely interested. I always thought everywhere was the same.

barky

why are different cities different times? anyone care to explain in … why are different cities different times? anyone care to explain in simple terms to a layman-Im genuinely interested. I always thought everywhere was the same.

fasting is from sunrise to sunset and differs slightly (min or two) on where you are in the country

There's some dodgy ZamZam water about, so don't touch it.

food.gov.uk/new…zam

strike

Do you nothing but troll in threads like these? Why not get another … Do you nothing but troll in threads like these? Why not get another thread for you and your ignorant friends to post in.

that's a bit strong fella, some people genuinely don't know what happens during Ramadam.

Ramadan Kareem to all

Lilly_White

Ramadhan Kareem. Best wishes to all the muslim members

^^^^^^^^^^^ from me too

richp

that's a bit strong fella, some people genuinely don't know what happens … that's a bit strong fella, some people genuinely don't know what happens during Ramadam.

It's always the same with these threads, people who are paranoid get all touchy. Perhaps best they wish their fellow followers well.

Banned

Lilly_White

fasting is from sunrise to sunset and differs slightly (min or two) on … fasting is from sunrise to sunset and differs slightly (min or two) on where you are in the country

I ask again, since you were unable to be civil in your reply to a straight forward question.....

Does the "minute difference" from furthest north to furthest south really make a difference? By that, I'm asking if you are virtually clock watching and desperate to eat at the first available moment and similarly vice versa before sunrise? Is it really that tough to fast for Ramadan? Needing to know city by city details suggests that to be the case. Of course, correct me if that's incorrect. No need for your usual name calling.

Ramazan Mubarak to everyone, Muslims and Non-muslims....

in regards to above the reason for the time difference is based on sunset and sunrise, up north the sunrise is different to here down south in the UK, exactly the same as it is summer in england and it is winter in Australia

hi guys and girls,hope you dont mind me asking a question, but im off to turkey on monday and there is a mosque just behind my hotel and after reading a few reviews on trip advisor people are saying its a bit noisey at 4.45am(which i dont mind i love diff cultures and all that) when they start praying now with it being ramadam will this be every 15 mins from sunrise to sunset or is my workmate whom is muslim just winding me up for a laugh ,thanks
paula x

guv

I ask again, since you were unable to be civil in your reply to a … I ask again, since you were unable to be civil in your reply to a straight forward question.....Does the "minute difference" from furthest north to furthest south really make a difference? By that, I'm asking if you are virtually clock watching and desperate to eat at the first available moment and similarly vice versa before sunrise? Is it really that tough to fast for Ramadan? Needing to know city by city details suggests that to be the case. Of course, correct me if that's incorrect. No need for your usual name calling.

It's a shame I missed the name calling but yes it makes a difference, fasting isn't hard all my mates who aren't Muslim say they wont survive a few hours but it is not tough you get used to it.

In regards to your question why we "time watch" is because you are meant to break your fast on time and not supposed to fast any longer than you should. Also yes alot of families do "Pig out" but you are meant to eat moderately and but that does no t mean everyone will follow it word for word.

I have no problems answering any more of your questions if you want.

Edited by: "Rayhul" 10th Aug 2010

paulam

hi guys and girls,hope you dont mind me asking a question, but im off to … hi guys and girls,hope you dont mind me asking a question, but im off to turkey on monday and there is a mosque just behind my hotel and after reading a few reviews on trip advisor people are saying its a bit noisey at 4.45am(which i dont mind i love diff cultures and all that) when they start praying now with it being ramadam will this be every 15 mins from sunrise to sunset or is my workmate whom is muslim just winding me up for a laugh ,thanks paula x

Haha yes your mate is pulling your leg there are 5 calls for prayer spread over a few hours so you wont be affected by it.

thank you so much rayhul,gonna go and wind him up now
thanks again
paula x

Banned

Ramzaan Mubarak

ramadam in the summer, bummer

Banned

ramadan mubarak to every muslim out there

Ramazan Mubarak from me to you

paulam

thank you so much rayhul,gonna go and wind him up now thanks again … thank you so much rayhul,gonna go and wind him up now thanks again paula x

You're most welcome

Oh BTW Thanks Amibees and everyone else.

Banned

Rayhul

It's a shame I missed the name calling but yes it makes a difference, … It's a shame I missed the name calling but yes it makes a difference, fasting isn't hard all my mates who aren't Muslim say they wont survive a few hours but it is not tough you get used to it.In regards to your question why we "time watch" is because you are meant to break your fast on time and not supposed to fast any longer than you should. Also yes alot of families do "Pig out" but you are meant to eat moderately and but that does no t mean everyone will follow it word for word. I have no problems answering any more of your questions if you want.

Many thanks for your reply. I always thought it was fasting except between sunset and sunrise. I hadn't realised there was actual significance to the moment of sunrise or sunset. Thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated.

oh and Ramadan Kareem to all.

BTW does...Ramadan Kareem, Ramadhan Kareem, Ramazan Mubarak and ramadan mubarak basically mean the same thing? (Which I assume is something along the lines of happy Ramadan?)

Edited by: "guv" 10th Aug 2010

guv

Many thanks for your reply. I always thought it was fasting except … Many thanks for your reply. I always thought it was fasting except between sunset and sunrise. I hadn't realised there was actual significance to the moment of sunrise or sunset. Many thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated.oh and Ramadan Kareem to all.

Haha I wish would make it so much easier, some people do take questions too personally, I prefer people to question and ask to inquire more, however there is ignorance and than there is blatant ignorance, the latter I cannot stand so therefore I am more than happy to answer any questions, just as long as people don't take the mickey.

Ramadan kareem to everyone! Good Luck!

Banned

guv

BTW does...Ramadan Kareem, Ramadhan Kareem, Ramazan Mubarak and ramadan … BTW does...Ramadan Kareem, Ramadhan Kareem, Ramazan Mubarak and ramadan mubarak basically mean the same thing? (Which I assume is something along the lines of happy Ramadan?)

answers.yahoo.com/que…kEf

guv

BTW does...Ramadan Kareem, Ramadhan Kareem, Ramazan Mubarak and ramadan … BTW does...Ramadan Kareem, Ramadhan Kareem, Ramazan Mubarak and ramadan mubarak basically mean the same thing? (Which I assume is something along the lines of happy Ramadan?)

Yes it does, different cultures have different sayings it all means Happy Ramadan

Ramadhan Mubarak to all ! :).

Banned

Must be tough to get a decent body like that. Bingeing and starving is never a good way to maintain one's physique and it must be tough to exercise with such a messed up metabolism.

Is that why some people wear the full on burka - I suppose it is flattering to the 'larger-bodied'.

FilthAndFurry

Must be tough to get a decent body like that. Bingeing and starving is … Must be tough to get a decent body like that. Bingeing and starving is never a good way to maintain one's physique and it must be tough to exercise with such a messed up metabolism.

LMAO No one exercises during ramadan unless you want to die, you can go to the gym after you break fast, I tend to lose weight I go from a 28 waist to a 26 which makes it harder for me to find good jeans.

Edited by moderator: "off topic" 11th Aug 2010

ramazan mubarak. ours start on thurs.

http://grafikdesign.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/devil-2d2dgoing-2d2dramadan-2d2dcoming.jpg

The checkthelable tag should be removed - political arguments should be kept to other threads....

Unlike almost every previous year I hope the mods manage to keep this thread under control and not taken off topic or filled with sly comments by the more intolerant members of HDUK which is what usually happens.

Happy Ramadan

Edited by: "gari189" 10th Aug 2010

Banned

Rayhul

LMAO No one exercises during ramadan

hey dude, I'm going to play a game of squash on saturdays. Usually play about 5 games but I'm only going to play one during Ramzaan.

I enjoyed doing Ramadan last year, but the amounts of food you eat after (as it's normally more than usual) with sweets as a starter etc, man my belly got full way too quick lol.

Ramadan Kareem to All!!
Hope this won't slow us down in looking for those hot deals
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Stock informer36
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247672
    3. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz810
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314662

See more discussions