Rancid Tesco Turkey

Top comments

deeky2 h, 18 m ago

Mine was rancid but it was ok till the hobgoblin got her maulers on it.

What about the turkey though ?

“£250 wasted. An awful meal and eight sick people!”

yeah right - £250 or compo claim? I had salmon so can;t comment on Tesco turkeys.
37 Comments

“£250 wasted. An awful meal and eight sick people!”

yeah right - £250 or compo claim? I had salmon so can;t comment on Tesco turkeys.

I don’t buy anything from Tesco such as meat or fruit. They always have very very short dates on them every tim

Haha I see one customer that complained bought it in Clacton-on-Sea... i worked in that Tesco

Whys nobody buyin their meat from their local butcher. Got 6lbs of silverside turkey crown sausages stuffin and bacon. All lovely and prob cheaper than tesco

Newsflash..... Meat is a rotting carcass .... Fresh is a rather relative concept.
Plus if losing a single item of festive food because it's gone bad can ruin your gathering then you need to reassess your life priorities.
Plus how did people only realise items were rancid at the serving stage????
People need to get a grip, and furthermore realise that food quality issues should be reported to the relevent stores because moaning on social media doesn't solve the issue, it mearly whips up a self pity party.
Edited by: "PrincessJellybean" 26th Dec 2017

Those idiots with rotten turkey probably picked it up in a shop from a fridge first thing and spent 4 hours doing 4 extra trolleys of other stuff they won't eat

mattsk9 m ago

Those idiots with rotten turkey probably picked it up in a shop from a …Those idiots with rotten turkey probably picked it up in a shop from a fridge first thing and spent 4 hours doing 4 extra trolleys of other stuff they won't eat

I love this site for the silly wild assumptions and suggestions when people have problems

PrincessJellybean50 m ago

Newsflash..... Meat is a rotting carcass .... Fresh is a rather …Newsflash..... Meat is a rotting carcass .... Fresh is a rather relative concept.Plus if losing a single item of festive food because it's gone bad can ruin your gathering then you need to reassess your life priorities.Plus how did people only realise items were rancid at the serving stage????People need to get a grip, and furthermore realise that food quality issues should be reported to the relevent stores because moaning on social media doesn't solve the issue, it mearly whips up a self pity party.

Well they bought turkeys with dates like the 26th... Poultry goes bad quick in the fridge so it can go bad a day earlier.

They should have paid more attention to the date on the label and got a fresher one.
Edited by: "hearts22" 26th Dec 2017

hearts2245 m ago

Well they bought turkeys with dates like the 26th... Poultry goes bad …Well they bought turkeys with dates like the 26th... Poultry goes bad quick in the fridge so it can go bad a day earlier.They should have paid more attention to the date on the label and got a fresher one.

Or not got one at all
PersonalIy I had a homemade sun-dried tomato & pepper pastry, with a heap of herby roasted veggies.....
Looked amazing and was super tasty.

Not rancid but the one I got from Makro was a sick Turkey, had a tumour

PrincessJellybean45 m ago

Or not got one at all PersonalIy I had a homemade sun-dried tomato & …Or not got one at all PersonalIy I had a homemade sun-dried tomato & pepper pastry, with a heap of herby roasted veggies..... Looked amazing and was super tasty.

I haven't had my Christmas dinner yet haha. I am gonna roast some beef for myself tomorrow and some duck legs for my partner.

We've been sick and I've been working over Christmas as well

deeky2 h, 18 m ago

What about the turkey though ?

Banned

Lucky it wasnt buy one get one free.

We had a Tesco Turkey and it was lovely. The trick is follow the damned instructions, prepare properly and don’t be a bloody snob about it.
We bought a frozen crown and loved every bit of it.

There were hundreds of thousands voted for Christmas, some had more rotten luck than others.

Three things from reading the Guardian article
"This was bought only a few days ago and it’s out of date" Why not read the use by date before you buy?

"opening the turkey wrap to be hit by that ‘gone off’ smell" Normal sealed in a bag smell or really off? For many, the Christmas turkey will be the once a year adventure with a big bird, so there may be an element of ignorance over what a dead bird wrapped in plastic smells like. (The stage is set. )

"An awful meal and eight sick people!" followed by "I served them a rotten, rancid turkey that was inedible" It was awful, not to mention inedible, but eight people still ate enough of it to get sick?

I can remember a friend serving chicken she'd taken out of the bag and popped in the oven with the giblets still in their poly bag still in the body cavity. Interesting flavour.

Oneday7710 h, 40 m ago

We had a Tesco Turkey and it was lovely. The trick is follow the damned …We had a Tesco Turkey and it was lovely. The trick is follow the damned instructions, prepare properly and don’t be a bloody snob about it. We bought a frozen crown and loved every bit of it.

Us too! Our Tesco turkey was really nice.

More like people left the turkey in the oven because it wouldn't fit in the fridge.

If they were rancid turkeys it would have been hundreds from each affected store, it wouldn't just be one or two, it would be the entire delivery and likely including other fresh meats etc also

It's like those people claiming their car broke due shortly after filling up at the supermarket, unless tens if not hundreds of other cars also broke down after using that station then the station isn't the issue.
Edited by: "eset12345" 27th Dec 2017

eset123451 h, 46 m ago

More like people left the turkey in the oven because it wouldn't fit in …More like people left the turkey in the oven because it wouldn't fit in the fridge.If they were rancid turkeys it would have been hundreds from each affected store, it wouldn't just be one or two, it would be the entire delivery and likely including other fresh meats etc alsoIt's like those people claiming their car broke due shortly after filling up at the supermarket, unless tens if not hundreds of other cars also broke down after using that station then the station isn't the issue.

Google 2sisters undercover report to see how odd items could get unacceptable.

Original Poster

splender5 m ago

Google 2sisters undercover report to see how odd items could get … Google 2sisters undercover report to see how odd items could get unacceptable.

32918557-4MZeN.jpg

joesmum16 h, 35 m ago

“£250 wasted. An awful meal and eight sick people!”yeah right - £250 or com …“£250 wasted. An awful meal and eight sick people!”yeah right - £250 or compo claim? I had salmon so can;t comment on Tesco turkeys.

Don't read up on the chemical cocktails they use trying to rid the salmon of sea lice and various other diseases.. Makes a rancid turkey look almost appealing .
Edited by: "plodging" 27th Dec 2017

plodging8 m ago

Don't read up on the chemical cocktails they use trying to rid the salmon …Don't read up on the chemical cocktails they use trying to rid the salmon of sea lice and various other diseases.. Makes a rancid turkey look almost appealing .

thanks for that but I feel fine

I think most people are in complete ignorance about what they eat, and most are happy to carry on blind to the facts.
I think if meat met the welfare, quality and hygiene standards that people think they are getting the meat and dairy industry would collapse overnight because few would ever be able to pay the cost of it.

plodging20 m ago

Don't read up on the chemical cocktails they use trying to rid the salmon …Don't read up on the chemical cocktails they use trying to rid the salmon of sea lice and various other diseases.. Makes a rancid turkey look almost appealing .

Once you start looking into what we do consume as 'food' it's very hard to keep turning a blind eye and continue eating as we have done for so long......
From this website it is plain to see that people spend a long time researching their consumer products..PC's, TV's etc, taking notes of all the features and gadgets.
.....but how many people look the same way into what they eat?
Edited by: "PrincessJellybean" 27th Dec 2017

drasim16 h, 58 m ago

Not rancid but the one I got from Makro was a sick Turkey, had a tumour

Crap that sounds worse. They live such short lives anyway you'd think that would be extremely rare. Don't know what to think about this Tesco turkey situation. I know Tesco are the biggest supermarket in the UK by far but I'm not hearing complaints about other supermarkets. Although there always seems to be a huge number of anti-Tesco people on forums for some reason always happy to criticise them more than other supermarkets. I think they certainly need to consider other supplier's rather than 2 sisters from the sound of it. 2 sisters supply Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Marks and Spencers and Sainsburys too. I've always found Morrison's the best quality for meat and they don't supply them from the look of it. Doesn't look like they supply Asda but don't shop their enough to give an opinion on them.

Wow just had a look to see why Morrisons meat seems much better quality. I'm not in anyway linked to morrisons or have any bias but this came up.

my.morrisons.com/blo…me/

thisismoney.co.uk/mon…tml

Makes a convincing argument why their meat is so much better quality. Fruit and veg is great quality too. Sadly branded products and general processed foods can be dearer compared to Tesco I find.

Our one from Tesco was rotten; had to go out at 10 minutes until closing time on chrimbo-eve to find a replacement.

deeky22 h, 20 m ago

You spelt flaccid wrong
Edited by: "_Rappy_" 27th Dec 2017

bonzobanana5 h, 0 m ago

Crap that sounds worse. They live such short lives anyway you'd think that …Crap that sounds worse. They live such short lives anyway you'd think that would be extremely rare. Don't know what to think about this Tesco turkey situation. I know Tesco are the biggest supermarket in the UK by far but I'm not hearing complaints about other supermarkets. Although there always seems to be a huge number of anti-Tesco people on forums for some reason always happy to criticise them more than other supermarkets. I think they certainly need to consider other supplier's rather than 2 sisters from the sound of it. 2 sisters supply Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Marks and Spencers and Sainsburys too. I've always found Morrison's the best quality for meat and they don't supply them from the look of it. Doesn't look like they supply Asda but don't shop their enough to give an opinion on them.

It could be isolated to specific farms. Makro's butterfly cuts were imported from Poland (which is what I bought), and although I did see one or two tumour Turkeys on the shelf out of approx 30, the one I bought seemed OK - or at least until I got home.
I bought it because Polish rib-eye from Makro is some of the best I've had, and figured Turkey might be the same.

Since then I've done a bit of reading into it, and sick Turkeys tend to be the result of poor conditions where they are pecking eachother, and the rubbish they are fed to get them so big.
Edited by: "drasim" 27th Dec 2017

PrincessJellybean22 h, 32 m ago

Or not got one at all PersonalIy I had a homemade sun-dried tomato & …Or not got one at all PersonalIy I had a homemade sun-dried tomato & pepper pastry, with a heap of herby roasted veggies..... Looked amazing and was super tasty.

spot the pretentious vegetarian

thegroutch38 m ago

spot the pretentious vegetarian

Not sure why you feel the need to attack me....
I was mearly illustrating that you can have a delicious festive meal without a turkey.
The OP's article related to the fact that certain consumers said their Christmas was ruined because their turkey was rancid. I was highlighting the fact you can have a delicious festive meal without a turkey.
And I wouldn't really call a meal involving a jar of sun-dried tomatoes, some puff pastry and roasted veggies pretentious

PrincessJellybean1 h, 12 m ago

Not sure why you feel the need to attack me.... I was mearly …Not sure why you feel the need to attack me.... I was mearly illustrating that you can have a delicious festive meal without a turkey.The OP's article related to the fact that certain consumers said their Christmas was ruined because their turkey was rancid. I was highlighting the fact you can have a delicious festive meal without a turkey.And I wouldn't really call a meal involving a jar of sun-dried tomatoes, some puff pastry and roasted veggies pretentious

I think it was more the “or not got one at all” that would get people’s back up not your meal choice.

drasim2 h, 24 m ago

It could be isolated to specific farms. Makro's butterfly cuts were …It could be isolated to specific farms. Makro's butterfly cuts were imported from Poland (which is what I bought), and although I did see one or two tumour Turkeys on the shelf out of approx 30, the one I bought seemed OK - or at least until I got home.I bought it because Polish rib-eye from Makro is some of the best I've had, and figured Turkey might be the same.Since then I've done a bit of reading into it, and sick Turkeys tend to be the result of poor conditions where they are pecking eachother, and the rubbish they are fed to get them so big.

You have a gungho attitude to turkey purchasing. You are carefully avoiding the tumour turkeys but I would pretty much decide not to purchase any turkeys from a batch that had those in. I'd also use the same processing logic for maggots, green discoloured meat, a large collection of flies trapped under the plastic, 3 legs etc.

Dannyrobbo8 m ago

I think it was more the “or not got one at all” that would get people’s bac …I think it was more the “or not got one at all” that would get people’s back up not your meal choice.

Ok, fair enough
I only meant that festive celebrations and turkey are not a compulsory combination.... I've spoken to so many folks over the years who say that they don't even like turkey, but they still get it because it's Christmas....
I just think that people put to much pressure on themselves to create what they think a Christmas dinner should be.

I’ve been sitting on the toilet for two days. Turkey bought from Tesco......
Edited by: "oskito" 27th Dec 2017

eslick3 m ago

Quick delete the last part of your comment it you won’t be able to join t …Quick delete the last part of your comment it you won’t be able to join the class action

eslick3 m ago

Quick delete the last part of your comment it you won’t be able to join t …Quick delete the last part of your comment it you won’t be able to join the class action

Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants