Groups
    EXPIRED

random ? but has anyone actually had a mamogram?

not sure if spelling is correct! but basically i have been told that it is sore! thanks guys

16 Comments

Banned

i have not had one, but my mum has them, and she says it is rather uncomfortable but well worth the uncomfort

I haven't had one myself but I have heard they really squish your boobs and it is uncomfortable but over pretty soon :thumbsup:
    Nothing too bad by the sounds of things and you're in and out pretty quickly.

Banned

I had one. It wasn't too bad, a bit of tenderness but nothing too major.

vibeone;8776518

i bet you looked a right tit .............

nikkib123;8776496

I haven't but I suppose its like a smear and the discomfort is outweighed … I haven't but I suppose its like a smear and the discomfort is outweighed by the fact you are being tested for possible serious conditions.

I'd choose to have a mammogram over a smear ANY day, but I know what you mean, a few minutes of discomfort and embarrassment for several years of knowing you are disease-free or need to get treated asap sounds like a pretty good compromise.

vibeone;8776518

I thought you were a man :?

Banned

smithyp1;8776527

i bet you looked a right tit .............

sickly sweet;8776532

I thought you were a man :?

I am, I just have massive man ****.

Original Poster

thanks guys i would rather have none obviously! like everyone else but choice does not permit! just got a bit worried as someone told me it was sore not that i wont have it done as i have no option but i will be ok it is just a formality hopefully!

Yerrr my mum has had them they just squeeze it abit x and its abit sore for a tiny bit x

wulshaz;8776549

thanks guys i would rather have none obviously! like everyone else but … thanks guys i would rather have none obviously! like everyone else but choice does not permit! just got a bit worried as someone told me it was sore not that i wont have it done as i have no option but i will be ok it is just a formality hopefully!

Just wear a comfy bra so that afterwards they can rest comfortably and not be pushed in directions that they shouldn't be - I'm sure all women have comfy bras, good bras and sexy bras (or is that just me?).
    And if it's warm you should have an ice-cream for being so brave

Banned

wulshaz;8776549

thanks guys i would rather have none obviously! like everyone else but … thanks guys i would rather have none obviously! like everyone else but choice does not permit! just got a bit worried as someone told me it was sore not that i wont have it done as i have no option but i will be ok it is just a formality hopefully!

Hope it doesn't hurt you and everything is well :thumbsup:

Banned

xbecky07x;8776595

Yerrr my mum has had them they just squeeze it abit x and its abit sore … Yerrr my mum has had them they just squeeze it abit x and its abit sore for a tiny bit x

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Becky!

Original Poster

thanks guys i really did try avoiding asking on here as i didnt want anyone to know ie family and my mum who i have kept it hidden! but wanted to know what to expect really regardless of outcome! but thanks all i dont feel so scared now will let you know how things go x

found a lump a few years back , went fearing a painful mamogram. But as i was young ( late twenties ) i had like an ultrsound. Apparently mamogram arent as effective on younger breasts as they denser so you get a painfree ultrasound. Of course i cant guarntee you will but from your posts and stuff im guessing your younger than normal mammogram age

Yes, I've had a few - the latest a few weeks ago.

The first mammogram I had, years ago, was excruciating painful - I actually cried; but they have got a lot less painful over the years - I think that the technicians and the equipment have got better.
    The first two X-rays are fine,squashing down, and don't hurt too much, the second two - the transverse ones,squashing from L to R, are worse but the technician knows it and is fast with the clicks so the pain doesn't last long. The actual pain stops immediately but the boobs ache for a day or so.
    A smear (had one 10 days ago!) is nothing by comparison and a totally different thing.

Good luck, and don't forget that ice-cream afterwards
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap northface alternatives?22
      2. grown ups go free kellogs22
      3. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?711
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?35

See more discussions