Groups

Random facts

Banned
    I'll start.

251 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Crocodiles actually have no life span. If they lived in a perfectly suited environment with no predators/diseases etc. they would live forever. It's a process called negligible Senescence.

Customer service text chat can see what you're typing in the box before you hit send.

The US Navy's combat dolphins are serious military assets (to the tune of $14 million in funding a year, and has the Pentagon's financial backing through the year 2020.

Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 10th Jan

You only live once

the expiry date on a bottle of water is for the bottle not the water

Bees. Their knees are the best.

I never knew that about the good old Crocs lol.
    Sounds a little like my Mother-in-law

you can allus tell a Yorkshireman,
    but you can't tell him much.

penguins don't have knees

the biggest cell in the human body is the egg cell and the smallest is a sperm cell

Original Poster Banned

sowotsdis

the expiry date on a bottle of water is for the bottle not the water

Makes sense!

Also, EVERY packet of crisp will always expire on a Saturday.

The word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary.
    If you don't believe me, look it up.

An alarm can never go ON !!

Sloths only poo once a week

It is a myth that you lose most of your body heat through your head.
    The myth is thought to have arisen through a flawed interpretation of a vaguely scientific experiment by the US military in the 1950s. In those studies, volunteers were dressed in Arctic survival suits and exposed to bitterly cold conditions. Because it was the only part of their bodies left uncovered, most of their heat was lost through their heads.

Banned

Farting helps reduce high blood pressure and is good for your health

carbon dioxide once made up 100% of our atmosphere. ever since plants developed it's been decreasing continously. today's it's hardly detected in our atmosphere and is only a trace gas less than 0.4% and it can not increase because plants eat it up. so the more carbon the bigger and faster plants grows which makes them eat up more carbon. hence global warming because of carbon dioxide is a myth!
    Edited by: "brendanhickey" 10th Jan

And foamy !!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/tigerplank/whale_zpsdxwnvguj.jpg

Banned

On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds

YouDontWantToKnow

not so good for everyone else's health though

after eight mints can be eaten at anytime

WheresMeNuts

penguins don't have knees

Elephants have four knees, thats the circle of life

Original Poster Banned

WheresMeNuts

And foamy !!

The argonaut Octopus has a detachable **** that he throws at the female.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/octopus-has-detachable-****/

Banned

If you put two rabbits in an average three bedroom house and left then there for a year. How many rabbits would you see at the end of the year?

Many people think that Big Ben refers to the tower with the big clock in London, that is actually the Elizabeth Tower and Big Ben is the name of the large bell that chimes. Why the bell is called Big Ben has a few ideas, for example: it could be named after a boxer, this is when my paragraph goes silly... a boxer many years ago named Ben something.
    Edited by: "mysmugcat" 10th Jan

this year we wknt have a leap day thats what i heard anywayy

The term freelance comes from medieval warfare literally a free lance was a knight for hire by any lord.

The term going off half cocked comes from dueling as the steward was meant to inspect, load and cock the pistols prior to handing them to the duelists thus it was always best to check that you gun was loaded and fully cocked before you walked off to fire it, i.e going off half cocked.

The term flash in the pan comes from misfiring muskets, as the flint striker hit the pan when the trigger was pulled, if your black powder was damp and couldn't fire the gun all you'd get was a flash in the pan.

Original Poster Banned

It surprised me when I first learned where cashews come from.

http://cdniseagle24.edublogs.org/files/2010/03/cashew-1111.jpg

smiler594

If you put two rabbits in an average three bedroom house and left then … If you put two rabbits in an average three bedroom house and left then there for a year. How many rabbits would you see at the end of the year?

none because they'd be dead

YouDontWantToKnow

It isn't if your OH hears you. Quilt and bed sheets ripped off and doused with perfume lol..

Banned

arcangel111

none because they'd be dead

That's one answer assume they had enough food then.

Original Poster Banned

A strawberry is not actually a berry, but a banana is.

smiler594

That's one answer assume they had enough food then.

All drowned in their own poo.

Banned

A man once sued God and won. Thunder stuck his roof and he claimed and was paid damages for it claiming it was an act of God. This is why insurance policies contain clauses for "force majure"

Piers Morgan is an absolute ****.

Banned

Error440

All drowned in their own poo.

Haha!

Original Poster Banned

If a female kangaroo is being chased by a predator and she has a joey in her pouch, she will throw the joey away to distract the pursuer. For this reason, kangaroos typically produce two fertilized eggs but hold one in reserve.

Banned

LoRdPlOps111

Piers Morgan is an absolute ****.

Maybe but he's made absolute £****M's

smiler594

If you put two rabbits in an average three bedroom house and left then … If you put two rabbits in an average three bedroom house and left then there for a year. How many rabbits would you see at the end of the year?

2, the last I check same sex mammals can't reproduce.

Banned

MrScotchBonnet

If a female kangaroo is being chased by a predator and she has a joey in … If a female kangaroo is being chased by a predator and she has a joey in her pouch, she will throw the joey away to distract the pursuer. For this reason, kangaroos typically produce two fertilized eggs but hold one in reserve.

Ha! Excellent !

Military salutes derived from british soldiers who used to remove their headgear when passing an officer.. towards the 18th century it moved on to raising a hand to the brim of their headgear as a mark of respect. In the Navy however they turn their hand inwards and show the back of their hand, as the "deckhands" used to have mucky palms so as not to show disrespect they showed the back of their hand instead

bit longwinded i know!
    Edited by: "arcangel111" 10th Jan

1 in 4 new Yorkers is a millionaire but only 1 in 20 stock market deals result in a profit & DeBeers owns all the worlds diamonds
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866386
      2. word association Game74044549
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047161
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767399

See more discussions