Random free items from Amazon?

Posted 19th JanEdited by:"Jayswa"
Anyone else experienced this? Got an Amazon Prime delivery earlier today. Couldn’t remember ordering anything but I usually have something coming from them so wasnt too alarmed, and was too preoccupied to check what it was straight away. Just winding down now and decided to open it, Received two random items..

a wrinkle device (Im still in my 20s! Just about ) and a box of ink cartridges, appears to be cheap Chinese tat. A little googling told me the stuffs worth about £50/£60 total. Obviously now alarmed, checked my accounts and no orders matching this.. Infact I always remove all payment methods if I know I wont be using a particular account. Next step, online banking - nope no charges and nothing pending either!

Got onto their livechat and the attendant was spinning me lines about how it was a gift, and they couldn’t disclose who had sent it! I implored nobody would gift me China tat items, especially a wrinkle remover. I asked them to check the email addresses the ‘gift’ was intended for and it wasn’t an email that I recognised.

They then told me there are cases when sellers (usually the ones selling China made items) send out items for ‘free’ to then make fake glowing reviews. I went on a little rant about how I feel Amazon have put my details at risk (I’m sure Mr,Bezos can make things right with a £100 voucher (lol)) they then told me to not worry as it appears my actual accounts are secure, and they will investigate further with high priority blah blah. Good thing its £1 listing day on eBay! happened to anyone else?
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
I've been given someone else's items before but they weren't labelled to me. I was told to keep or dispose of them
deleted2426366
What will have happened is you will have ordered something from a seller which has access to your name and address and then they will have opened an amazon account under your name. They’ll then regularly order stuff from that account and pay for it themselves and leave 5 star review.
deleted242636619/01/2020 21:48

What will have happened is you will have ordered something from a seller …What will have happened is you will have ordered something from a seller which has access to your name and address and then they will have opened an amazon account under your name. They’ll then regularly order stuff from that account and pay for it themselves and leave 5 star review.

Yup, sounds as if its the case!
I was sent an S9 case and I never had a samsung mobile. Checked my account and there were no orders or money taken from me
Unbelievable! When you think you have heard it all....
Edited by: "philedsch" 20th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants