Random news from MTV!!!xxx

Found 6th Feb 2009
The Oxford indie band go hip hop on a new b-side

White Lies are set to release a cover of Kanye Wests hit Love Lockdown.

The band- hotly tipped for 2009 and currently number eight in the album chart- recorded the song for a radio session but now fans will be able to get it.

Love Lockdown will come on the b-side to their next single Farewell To The Fairground when it is released March 23.

White Lies are currently on tour with Glasvegas and Friendly Fires. The three-piece also featured on our Spanking New for 2009 list.

mods please move if in wrong place.x

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Original Poster

Pharrell Williams and co are coming to a skate park in… Somerset!

N*E*R*D have been booked to headline the Relentless NASS festival in Somerset this July 10 – 12.

The ever busy Neptunes duo, Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, are taking time out from recording with Usher and Shakira, amongst others, to perform in Somerset. The event, which takes place on The Bath And West Showground and feature its on skate park(!), is expected to be one of their only UK appearances this year.

The pair will join third member Shay on the way, to form the boundary smashing band N*E*R*D. Last year they debuted their third studio album Seeing Sounds at South By Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas.

N*E*R*D promo’d their album all over Europe last year, wowed 40,000 fans at the Isle of MTV in Malta and chose London’s Brixton Academy to record the official music video for the album's second single Spaz.

The rest of the line-up for the NASS extreme sports and music festival is yet to be announced.

Original Poster

Etta James has lashed out at Beyonce - claiming she's "Gonna Get Her Ass Whupped!"

Just weeks after Beyoncé sang James' classic "At Last" for the Obamas' first dance at the inauguration; the legendary singer has sarcastically lashed out branding the singer "The great Beyoncé"

Etta, 71, was caught on tape insulting Beyoncé and Barack at a recent performance in Seattle.

James told the crowd, "I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song, she gonna get her ass whupped,"

She continued... "I can't stand Beyoncé... [she] had no business ... singing my song that I been singing forever."

She even slammed the President himself.

"You know your President, right? You know the one with the big ears? He ain't my President."

James was unable to attend the inauguration for health reasons.

Or perhaps she just wasn’t invited!

Original Poster

The Welsh rockers are back with a new album, single and live dates…

Funeral For A Friend have announced that their new single Rules And Games will be released on March 23.

The song is the opening track of the Welsh group’s recently released album Memory And Humanity.

FFAF are also currently on tour in the US and South America and will hit the UK for dates at the end of March.

DATES BELOW

Mon 23 Mar PONTYPRIDD Muni Arts Centre
Tue 24 Mar DERBY University
Wed 25 Mar GLASGOW QMU
Fri 27 Mar LEEDS Rios
Sat 28 Mar LONDON ULU
Mon 30 Mar SHEFFIELD University Foundry
Tue 31 Mar NORTHAMPTON Roadmender

The band have already had a staggering nine top 20 singles and three gold albums in their six year career. They’ve also supported Linkin Park and Iron Maiden.

Original Poster

The two acts are the latest announced for the massive awards show…

Estelle and Ting Tings will perform together at this month’s Brit Awards in what promises to be an unusual collaboration.

Organisers promise the appearance will be ‘exclusive and unique’ like last year’s Klaxons and Rihanna collaboration.

Already announced to perform at the London ceremony on February 18 are U2, Kings Of Leon, Girls Aloud and Duffy.

Kylie Minogue will present the show with Gavin & Stacey stars James Corden and Matthew Horne.

Kylie herself also took part in a memorable Brits’ duet with Justin Timberlake

Coldplay and Duffy are each nominated in four Brits categories while Elbow, Scouting For Girls and Adele are up for three.

Original Poster

Mr West joins Estelle and Taylor Swift to sing with Miss Cyrus…

The 2009 Grammy Awards in Los Angeles this weekend are set for some pretty amazing performances.

A live line-up including Radiohead, U2, Coldplay and Sir Paul McCartney has already been reported but it seems that just wasn’t enough.

According to the official Grammy Awards Twitter page Kanye West is set to perform alongside our very own London Town girl Estelle, and teen star Miley Cyrus will take to the stage with recent US number one singer Taylor Swift.

Lil' Wayne leads this year's nominations with eight, Coldplay have seven whilst Kanye West and Jay-Z have six each.

Winners will have awards presented to them by Queen Latifah, T-Pain, Cheryl Crow, Craig Ferguson, Al Green and Jay Mohr.

Original Poster

It’s claimed the wig haired star will appear on Relapse when it’s released this year…

Sir Elton John could feature on the new album by rapper Eminem- according to reports.

The Independent newspaper says the pair were spotted together in a Detroit studio late last year and may have recorded together.

A source told them: “He stayed half a week… No one realised the significance, though the Detroit Free Press did mention that Elton had been in town.

“He and Em worked together before, when they did that duet at the Grammys, and had always said that they'd record something original together. Em has huge respect for Elton, and the feeling is mutual.”

Elton John is a long time fan of Shady despite accusations of homophobia leveled at the rapper.

The unlikely friends performed Stan at the Grammys way back in 2001.

The witness told the paper: “Elton really gets his music. Anything they produce will be total dope.

“Some of Em's biggest records have been collaborations with mainstream pop stars – Dido on Stan, for example – and they really don't come much bigger, or more mainstream, than the man with the red piano."

50 Cent and Dr Dre are already confirmed to appear on Relapse when it’s released this Spring.

Original Poster

Rihanna and Michael Jackson are being sued over using a sample without permission…

Director John Landis filed a lawsuit against the king of pop for unpaid royalties recently and now it seems there more trouble ahead.

Rihanna is being sued for using part of Jacko’s 1983 pop hit Wanna Be Startin’ Something. The track features the African chant "Mama-se, mama-sa, mama-coo-sa" which was sampled from 1973 track Soul Makossa.

The track was written and performed by Cameroonian saxophonist and vibraphone player Manu Dibango and now the 75 year old isn’t happy that the track has been used without consent… again.

Dibango reached a settlement with Michael years ago but the new lawsuit alleges that he allowed Rihanna to use part of his hit in her single 'Please Don't Stop the Music' without permission.

Lawyers for The Soul Makossa performer have asked French courts to stop record labels Sony BMG, EMI and Warner from receiving any money from the record until he wins his damages fee.

Original Poster

Nas confirms his appearance on Dr Dre’s eagerly anticipated album…

Dr Dre’s forthcoming album Detox is eagerly anticipated by fans all over the world and they should be happy to hear that Queens Legend Nas will be making a guest appearance on at least one of the tracks.

Dre has already promised features from Jay-Z and Lil Wayne, so with Nas in toe the album is likely to please pop lovers to old skool hip hop heads.

Nas enjoyed working with Dre so much that he told Billboard magazine that he wants more time with him "I did a joint. I think it's crazy… He's someone I'd love to do a whole album with one day. He's incredible. I think he's the best producer of all time".

It’s not the first time the pair have worked together, getting familiar back in the 90s through rap collective The Firm. The project featured hip hop heavyweights including Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ, Nature and producers; Dre, Trackmasters and Steve Stoute.

There is currently no release date for Detox and it's expected that Eminem's album Relapse, produced by Dre, will hit stores first.

Original Poster

50 Cent has taken his lyrical feud with Rick Ross to the next level by calling on the mother of Ross’ son, and it’s fair to say that she’s not too flattering about her ex partner.

After confirming that she is the indeed the mother of William Roberts III, the rapper's 2-year old son, Tiallondra 'Tia' Kemp, answers Fiddy's questions regarding Ross in a video on thisis50.com.

The interview sees Tia explaining that sometimes Ross may embellish the truth "It's sort of embarrassing, as you listen to his raps, you would definitely believe him… his jewelry is rented, the cars are being leased…It's just sad."

Kemp goes on to state that she simply wants to “prove the facts” as she responds to 50s questions about Ross’ alleged job as corrections officer. She claims that not only did she find evidence at his house to confirm his employment but explains that she spoke to his sister regarding the job.

If that wasn’t damaging enough to the Everyday I’m Hustlin MC, 50 goes on to describe the mother of Ross’ other child as a high class hooker and even presents a picture of his mother stating “she’s like the Nutty Professor”.

Oh dear. Expect retribution from Ross.

lol are you a bit bored today babe? :-D x

Original Poster

sadiebabes;4303365

lol are you a bit bored today babe? :-D x

ha ha, u could say that!!im keeping myself busy till i gotta leave the flat to go to the doctors!!

thanks for info leer!! have fun at docs

Original Poster

magicbeans;4303425

thanks for info leer!! have fun at docs

no probs sweety, hows u and everything down ur end?xxx
Post a comment
@
    Text