Groups

Random question about taxes

If a company like British airways for example, declares a loss of 500 million for the last financial year, but its turnover has been 900 million, do they still pay tax on the 900 million turnover, or do they not pay tax as they havent made any profit.

Would have been easier to ask are companies taxed on annual income, or annual profit?

3 Comments

Banned

im sure they are based abroad and pay about none

taxed on profit, and usually they can manipulate the profit as well if needs be, like the music and film industry does

Original Poster

I was just looking at my P60 (which my employer only just gave me!) and the amount of tax is amazing - then my mate said, just think, loads of companies say they made losses and dont pay any tax, it just got me thinking, cheers

Banned

richard0000;8922020

I was just looking at my P60 (which my employer only just gave me!) and … I was just looking at my P60 (which my employer only just gave me!) and the amount of tax is amazing - then my mate said, just think, loads of companies say they made losses and dont pay any tax, it just got me thinking, cheers

cheers for paying tax! ( i do too!) but thats how the cookie crumbles in the UK
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions