random question.... petrol costs

Found 3rd Aug 2011
I dont drive, and probly couldnt even tell you how much petrol these days is!

Can anyone help by telling me how much approx it would cost in petrol to do a 7.2 mile trip (3.6 miles there and back). the car looks like a fiat punto although im not 100% sure it is one.

Im only looking for approx figures please.

Thanks in advance, sorry i couldnt be more specific on car make and model

1. Misc
  2. Petrol
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Petrol
23 Comments

think of a figure double it divide it by 2 and thats your answer

Around £1.10p

it really depends on car engine size, type of road, time of travel etc. on avg you get about 8-10 miles per ltr.

Go to Googlemaps, put in the destinaton and start point, and at the bottom of the directions it will have an estimated fuel price.

WheresMeNuts

Around £1.10p

probably in this region, my car supposedly does 9p a mile(maybe a bit worse now with the recent rises) and its quite economical

faevilangel

Go to Googlemaps, put in the destinaton and start point, and at the … Go to Googlemaps, put in the destinaton and start point, and at the bottom of the directions it will have an estimated fuel price.

You learn something everyday.

Don't use the car cycle instead and save the cash, the environment and save your body.

Yes as people have said around £1, but more if it's stop start traffic and the car is started from cold.

faevilangel

Go to Googlemaps, put in the destinaton and start point, and at the … Go to Googlemaps, put in the destinaton and start point, and at the bottom of the directions it will have an estimated fuel price.

Yes , i only noticed this a few weeks ago , good isnt it , although its only a rough guide as like someone stated earlier it depends on engine size etc...but gives you an idea ..

If someone's charging you they're tight as a ducks ****

One off £5 if you're doing the trip regularly

About tree fiddy?

shopstilldrops

Yes , i only noticed this a few weeks ago , good isnt it , although its … Yes , i only noticed this a few weeks ago , good isnt it , although its only a rough guide as like someone stated earlier it depends on engine size etc...but gives you an idea ..

If you have a smaller car change the setting to compact and it's not to far out for the super mini class.

Banned

if you are after figures cos you may be splitting a lift to work, then petrol on a journey on that length isnt the only factor to take into account (about 40p per mile according to the AA for running costs).

Original Poster

ah google maps is very clever!

Thank you all for your help.

From what I can see though, it would be £1ish for 3.6 mile trip, so i presume it would be £2 approx to do the 7.2 mile, am i right with this?

to explain the situation slightly, we get someone dropped off at our house who lives 3.6 miles away and driver is moaning we dont pay petrol costs. so 3.6 miles to ours then back again would be £2 in petrol? woah thats pretty expensive to be fair!

nono2522

ah google maps is very clever!Thank you all for your help. From what I … ah google maps is very clever!Thank you all for your help. From what I can see though, it would be £1ish for 3.6 mile trip, so i presume it would be £2 approx to do the 7.2 mile, am i right with this?to explain the situation slightly, we get someone dropped off at our house who lives 3.6 miles away and driver is moaning we dont pay petrol costs. so 3.6 miles to ours then back again would be £2 in petrol? woah thats pretty expensive to be fair!

no its around £1 for the whole journey(7.2miles) although as mentioned, thats only taking into account the petrol costs.

I wouldn't expect fuel money from someone if the journey was less than 10 miles unless it was a regular journey.

Original Poster

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help

nono2522

ah google maps is very clever!Thank you all for your help. From what I … ah google maps is very clever!Thank you all for your help. From what I can see though, it would be £1ish for 3.6 mile trip, so i presume it would be £2 approx to do the 7.2 mile, am i right with this?to explain the situation slightly, we get someone dropped off at our house who lives 3.6 miles away and driver is moaning we dont pay petrol costs. so 3.6 miles to ours then back again would be £2 in petrol? woah thats pretty expensive to be fair!

It's not around £2 for 7 miles.It's around £1 for 7 Miles.

Agree with the running cost part, I hate it when people give me £1 or something for a lift, id rather it be classed as a favour at my expense, rather than them thinking they have given me the money..

As if you would even offer a friend a full £1 for fuel....

I dont think my and my mates have even gone half on fuel apart from when we went on a 2000 mile drive.
Edited by: "RickT" 3rd Aug 2011

I tried the google maps thing for my route to work and it told me i'm spending £42.60 per week on petrol when i'm actually only spending about £23.

(I changed the settings to compact and updated todays fuel price)

it's not just the petrol though, it's wear & tear on tyres etc, & depreciation - it used to be 5p a mile depreciation on fleet lease cars. I get paid 25p a mile by some firms, 40p by others and 45p is the inland revenue tax office going rate for private mileage ( so I can claim tax back on the difference between 45p and the other paid rate). Not that I've ever taken any money off anyone for lifts, I might if it was 5 days a week and every week though.

Ungreat

About tree fiddy?

Thats about right for my car lol.

ajayvarma447

it really depends on car engine size, type of road, time of travel etc. … it really depends on car engine size, type of road, time of travel etc. on avg you get about 8-10 miles per ltr.

So 45mpg as an average? Very much doubt that. Many more cars do nearer 30mpg than 60mpg, especially 7 mile round trips.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions