Groups

Random Quiz from my workplace

We have daily e-mails in work...and Monday's has been sent early and it contains the following questions?

No prize for me in work, its all fun. So i thought i'd test out me fellow HUKD'ers knowledge.

See first post for questions...

By the way...I dont actually the correct answers, wont find out until Monday.

13 Comments

Original Poster

Name the first US President to decorate the White House Christmas tree?
    Which country made the first artificial Christmas tree?
    Name the most famous Christmas ballet?
    If you received all the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, how many gifts would you receive?
    Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer was actually created by whom?
    How many weeks did it take Charles Dickens to write his novel “A Christmas Carol”?
    What year were electric lights first used to decorate a tree?
    Which classic film appears on TV more often than any other holiday movie?
    Boxing Day originates from what historical act of charity?
    Which Puritan leader banned having fun at Christmas? & Which years did this ban proceed over?

If you received all the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, how many gifts would you receive? 168

Original Poster

KrispiiDuck;7266959

If you received all the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, … If you received all the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, how many gifts would you receive? 168

You've obviously been asked that before :thumbsup:

Or just plain guessed.

Name the most famous Christmas ballet? the nutcracker:?

KrispiiDuck;7266959

If you received all the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, … If you received all the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, how many gifts would you receive? 168

not 168...... you need to add them all up right throughout the song..

its not just 1+2+3.... +11+12... Its 364

davidn84;7266952

Name the first US President to decorate the White House Christmas tree? … Name the first US President to decorate the White House Christmas tree? Which country made the first artificial Christmas tree? Name the most famous Christmas ballet? If you received all the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, how many gifts would you receive? Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer was actually created by whom? How many weeks did it take Charles Dickens to write his novel “A Christmas Carol”? What year were electric lights first used to decorate a tree? Which classic film appears on TV more often than any other holiday movie? Boxing Day originates from what historical act of charity? Which Puritan leader banned having fun at Christmas? & Which years did this ban proceed over?

These are the one i think I know.
    Which country made the first artificial Christmas tree? Germany
    Which classic film appears on TV more often than any other holiday movie? Great Escape
    Boxing Day originates from what historical act of charity? Something to do with servants getting the day of/ presents
    Name the most famous Christmas ballet? The nutcraker
    Which Puritan leader banned having fun at Christmas? & Which years did this ban proceed over? Oliver Cromwell and did it return 1658/1659ish

Original Poster

Disco;7267103

not 168...... you need to add them all up right throughout the song.. its … not 168...... you need to add them all up right throughout the song.. its not just 1+2+3.... +11+12... Its 376

That would only be 78 anyway.

Disco;7267103

not 168...... you need to add them all up right throughout the song.. its … not 168...... you need to add them all up right throughout the song.. its not just 1+2+3.... +11+12

1st day A partridge in a pear tree =1
    2nd day 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree =3
    3rd day 3 french hens 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree =6
    and so on

davidn84;7267187

That would only be 78 anyway.

SPAMDOG;7267201

1st day A partridge in a pear tree =12nd day 2 turtle doves and a … 1st day A partridge in a pear tree =12nd day 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree =33rd day 3 french hens 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree =6and so on

yea I no, the ANSWER is 364

Disco;7267265

yea I no, the ANSWER is 364

yea i know, i was backing you up:thumbsup:

Disco;7267103

not 168...... you need to add them all up right throughout the song.. its … not 168...... you need to add them all up right throughout the song.. its not just 1+2+3.... +11+12... Its 364

Yeah I do know !! I'm sorry - I have NO idea what made me type 168.......

KrispiiDuck;7272099

Yeah I do know !! I'm sorry - I have NO idea what made me type 168.......

lol I knew it was 364 as I use that question every year! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boxing Day originates from what historical act of charity?

Think it was to do with collection boxes placed in churches (known as dole boxes is memory serves)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is68
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764243
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1726
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31145

See more discussions