Groups

Random sites opening, spyware?

My stupid computer has just started opening random sites, i'm using Firefox and every so often it opens a new tab and loads some sites, lots of different ones, searchme.com was one i remember. This has never happened before!!

I scanned with ad-aware and Spybot S+D nothing came up, i'm running ZA and that scanned the spyware with no results, AVG also no reults, haven't installed any new software or anything like that.

GRRRRRR!!!!!

5 Comments

It certainly sounds like Spyware

Grab yourself a copy of HiJackThis and create a log file.

Post the log file and description of your problem over at [url]www.techmonkeys.co.uk[/url] and one of the monkeys will help you out.

try this: threatfire.com/

id also check Control panel - add remove programs to see if theres unusual program installed

My friend had this problem and spybot and adaware did not work, but this did:
    download.com/Mal…ton

Original Poster

Thanks guys, rep for all, apparently spybot wasn't working properly, i just did it again and it found 111 problems!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      2. word association Game74044543
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions