Range ovens - January sales? Where to look

Found 17th Dec 2017
Fantastic timing. My main oven has just packed in. I’ve looked at a few stores but no chance it seems of getting it replaced and installed before Christmas.

So I might as well wait until the January sales to order one. Any suggestions as to which retailers are worth watching? I’ve never bought kitchen/white foods in Jan sales.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
We bought ours from a local shop as they could source the cooker we wanted and was cheaper than all the big brand shops. Worth a try.
Have you checked its not just the element they are cheap and easy to repair?
Madmanmurta6 m ago

Have you checked its not just the element they are cheap and easy to …Have you checked its not just the element they are cheap and easy to repair?

It may be but to be honest it was an old cooker that came with the house when I bought it and have been thinking about replacing it for ages. Other bits and bobs are broken in it but have been making do.
If thats the case i understand you looking at replacing it. We had one go just becore xmas a few years back never great but even worse then
AO could deliver before Christmas but not install until 28th so trying to gauge whether I can get a couple of hundred quid off by waiting
Yeah I'm looking for one too so was going to try in January sale. I didn't see that good offers during Black Friday just had about £50 ish off. I tried Currys, AO, Co-op and John Lewis websites to search. Not sure which brand is best to go for though
TK20131 h, 20 m ago

Yeah I'm looking for one too so was going to try in January sale. I didn't …Yeah I'm looking for one too so was going to try in January sale. I didn't see that good offers during Black Friday just had about £50 ish off. I tried Currys, AO, Co-op and John Lewis websites to search. Not sure which brand is best to go for though

Yeah I suspect come January it’ll be oh here’s £100 off. In which case I’d rather have an oven installed on 28th dec

I usually buy through AO.com as they have brilliant customer service and do delivery/installation and removal of the old one all very reasonably. Also they have excellent range of brands and in depth reviews. I’ve just ordered with a £50 off range cookers code that finishes today and it said that if I want to cancel or change product before that date then I could. So I reakon if they massively reduce the SMEG oven I’ve ordered on 26th Dec...I’ll give them a call.
bluep3 m ago

Yeah I suspect come January it’ll be oh here’s £100 off. In which case I’d …Yeah I suspect come January it’ll be oh here’s £100 off. In which case I’d rather have an oven installed on 28th decI usually buy through AO.com as they have brilliant customer service and do delivery/installation and removal of the old one all very reasonably. Also they have excellent range of brands and in depth reviews. I’ve just ordered with a £50 off range cookers code that finishes today and it said that if I want to cancel or change product before that date then I could. So I reakon if they massively reduce the SMEG oven I’ve ordered on 26th Dec...I’ll give them a call.

Which one did you go for? Thanks for the advice that's good to know
Went for the SMEG 90cm stainless steel range cooker that’s around £1049...the second up from the bottom as more shelves and looked better specs than the £899 one. They had some a few hundred quid cheaper that still looked good but SMEG always has good reviews and is usually a solid quality brand
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants