Found 28th Sep 2008
if i have a rar file basically as numb as his may sound what do i do with it lol
thanks you!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
25 Comments

Banned

unzip it, are we talking roms here?

think you can download winrar for free to open it

yeh winrar or winzip from download.com

7-zip.

Original Poster

yea its a rom thanks i didnt realise it was tht simple lol a really need to get a guide 4 dummies i think lol

Winrar. Right click on file and select 'extract here'.

emasu;3071964

7-zip.

Why? Is Winrar not up to the job?

Banned

dee.s.g;3071968

yea its a rom thanks i didnt realise it was tht simple lol a really need … yea its a rom thanks i didnt realise it was tht simple lol a really need to get a guide 4 dummies i think lol

you need to unsip the .NDS file, and then drag onto sd card

deek72;3071988

It's what I use.

i use Tugzip. found it much better than winrar etc

emasu;3072085

7-zip. It's what I use.

shanecr;3072118

i use Tugzip. found it much better than winrar etc

Sorry, I don't understand. With Winrar you right-click, extract here and it just does it. How can
7-zip and Tugzip better that?
Enlighten me.

Banned

deek its just different ones, they all do the same, its just what you get used to, i use winrar too

sassie;3072169

deek its just different ones, they all do the same, its just what you get … deek its just different ones, they all do the same, its just what you get used to, i use winrar too

yup different types. all do same thing. i just found tugzip to be a bit quicker, plus it looks better etc. clearer to use etc depending how often you use these types of programs

Who Would Like To Un Rar Sassie?lol
MY BUTT KICKED IN

Banned

raptorcigs;3072197

Who Would Like To Un Rar Sassie?lolMY BUTT KICKED IN 54321

:p:p:p

If you right click some .exe files winrar will extract them to a folder.

Great for drivers as you can then point your device that needs the driver to the folder.

OK thanks. I'll give them a whirl. :thumbsup:

Just thought though, would Newsbin Pro automatically extract rar files like in does with Winrar if I used 7-zip and Tugzip?

deek72;3071988

Winrar costs £24, so lots of people prefer to use one of the many free alternatives like 7-Zip or Tugzip that do the same job.

I use the (also free) ]IZArc myself.

Banned

EndlessWaves;3073271

Winrar costs £24, so lots of people prefer to use one of the many free … Winrar costs £24, so lots of people prefer to use one of the many free alternatives like 7-Zip or Tugzip that do the same job.I use the (also free) ]IZArc myself.

i have winrar and its free :?

Banned

EndlessWaves;3073271

Winrar costs £24, ...............

Since when ? :w00t:

csiman;3073471

It's WinRAR archiver that cost £24 or free from certain places....:whistling:

sassie;3073273

i have winrar and its free :?

csiman;3073471

Winrar has been shareware for years. The official website is rarlab.com/

sigma;3075156

As I've just finished my 40 day period I was thinking of downloading … As I've just finished my 40 day period I was thinking of downloading 7-zip as this is free & seems to be frequently recommended. :thumbsup:

Take your pick, as well as the three mentioned above (7-Zip, IZArc and TUGZip), ]Peazip, ]ZipGenius and ]Quickzip are all well-reviewed and free, and there are probably several more as well.

quite a few here to try ]http://i.filehippo.com/img/logo.png
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions