Found 15th Sep 2010
Ok I am not clued up about rar files.

I am trying to stick them together to make an AVI (god that sounds so dumb)

How do I do it please? All I have is separate files.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Banned

You need winrar to uncompress them into one file...

rarlab.com

Film piracy is illegal you know/
Edited by: "lumoruk" 15th Sep 2010

Original Poster

I have winrar but no idea what to do with it!

Piracy is illegal full stop, and johnny depp shouldn't glorify it!

Banned

MissBehave

I have winrar but no idea what to do with it! Piracy is illegal full … I have winrar but no idea what to do with it! Piracy is illegal full stop, and johnny depp shouldn't glorify it!

rightclick the rar and select unzip

Original Poster

Thank you bykergrove, will try that in a bit

Thank you bykergrove, will try that in a bit

Who is that hot young woman in your Avatar?

(Please note: Sarcasm)

lumoruk

You need winrar to uncompress them into one … You need winrar to uncompress them into one file...[url=http://www.rarlab.com]http://www.rarlab.com[/url]Film piracy is illegal you know/

What's it to you? And how do you know its copyrighted material? I don't even know why I'm asking. It's you, that's enough.

if winrar is too complex ExtractNow is quite simple to use

timthehippy

if winrar is too complex ExtractNow is quite simple to use

Or use any decent tool like 7-zip - open the first part of the file into 7-zip select extract and away it goes.

was just gonna say right click and "extract here" creates the .avi file in the same folder as the .rar files. if you extract now it creates a new folder in the location of your choice.. just a little easier..

Banned

deek72

What's it to you? And how do you know its copyrighted material? I don't … What's it to you? And how do you know its copyrighted material? I don't even know why I'm asking. It's you, that's enough.

+1

lumor seems to have become the resident pedant of late - so sad!

Still quite astounded that some people dont know how to use google oO
Edited by: "csiman" 16th Sep 2010

Banned

lumoruk

Damn site bugs. Doesn't ignore users in quotes will report. Csiman shut … Damn site bugs. Doesn't ignore users in quotes will report. Csiman shut the **** up i'm moments away from becoming a copper. Got to uphold the moral standards in here now.

LOL - with your attitude of late, you'd be a great copper - NOT!

surely the entry standards havent been lowered this much?

wombat6025

Or use any decent tool like 7-zip - open the first part of the file into … Or use any decent tool like 7-zip - open the first part of the file into 7-zip select extract and away it goes.

+1
I've used several unpacking programs and 7-Zip is by far the best.

If it's rar files numbered say 1-4 you unpack using 1, if it's multiple files numbered r1-r25 (or whatever) then you look for the single rar file and unpack using that. If you are using direct downloading (rapidshare, megaupload) then you can use Jdownloader to manage them and it will unpack any rar files for you.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone you helped me do it. Trust me, I know how to use google have used it at least once a day for 7 years to pass the time BUT I find it easier to ask in a place like this than trawl other forum questions for same answer!

That hot chick? Why it'sme back in 1989 before I erm..... let my ego grow to big
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564057
    2. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)91184
    3. Leicester sack their manager!69
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7851474

See more discussions