Raspberry Pi Zero W....where to buy?

Posted 12th Aug 2019
Looking to buy 6x Rasberry Pi Zero W's for a group project.

Can only find 2 places in the UK selling them, and they're limited to one per customer.

Is there anywhere else? I don't want to pay 6 sets of postage (signing up multiple times). Would rather order from one place.

Thanks.

- Pi Hut and Pimoroni are the stores.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
Well Amazon stocks them.
IamMT12/08/2019 18:31

Well Amazon stocks them.

Link? Not seeing them.
IamMT12/08/2019 18:34

My apols this is a starter kit!Raspberry Pi Zero W Starter Kit …My apols this is a starter kit!Raspberry Pi Zero W Starter Kit https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072LWBL37/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PlAuDb4Y4Y1A3

Yes, I'd seen that. I really just need the actual board. Seems like it's a major pain to actually buy them.
Edited by: "Aerobiz" 12th Aug 2019
Aerobiz12/08/2019 18:35

Yes, I'd seen that. I really just need the actual board. Seems like it's a …Yes, I'd seen that. I really just need the actual board. Seems like it's a major pain to actually buy them.

This doesn't seem good value either Raspberry Pi Zero WH (with pre-soldered header) amazon.co.uk/dp/…XWT
IamMT12/08/2019 18:36

This doesn't seem good value either Raspberry Pi Zero WH (with …This doesn't seem good value either Raspberry Pi Zero WH (with pre-soldered header) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BHMRTTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tnAuDbGJ3NXWT

Yeah, I need the one without the header...they're less than £10 + postage on the two sites I found. So I don't really want to pay much more than that really. It's a shame they've limited them to one per order.
£12 at cex, but of a markup but at least you can buy a few. It's a pain the limit is still in place this long after release.
dcx_badass12/08/2019 20:52

£12 at cex, but of a markup but at least you can buy a few. It's a pain …£12 at cex, but of a markup but at least you can buy a few. It's a pain the limit is still in place this long after release.

Ah jeez, thanks for that. £13.50 (£4.50 in postage) each is a bit galling considering they'd all come from the Walsall store...and only 3 in stock CEX wide.
I'm after one of these, just one though but the two main shops (PI hut & pimoroni) are sold out

Edit: only the WH (with soldered header) version's in stock but that's an extra £3.70 plus it'll be too big with the header attached so that's a no go... guess i'll have to wait.
38391576-lqK84.jpg
Edited by: "loadsavmoney" 3rd Sep 2019
loadsavmoney03/09/2019 20:10

I'm after one of these, just one though but the two main shops (PI hut & …I'm after one of these, just one though but the two main shops (PI hut & pimoroni) are sold out Edit: only the WH (with soldered header) version's in stock but that's an extra £3.70 plus it'll be too big with the header attached so that's a no go... guess i'll have to wait. [Image]

Any luck?
Aerobiz12/09/2019 15:12

Any luck?

Nope not yet i'll wait for them to come back in stock
I should've bought one with a header when i had the chance because i think i need that now so i can add an on/ off button.

I had a look on the Cex website but they're out of stock there now too.
Edited by: "loadsavmoney" 12th Sep 2019
in stock at the pihut for those who want one but i'm going to wait for one with a header so i can safely power it down.

thepihut.com/pro…o-w
loadsavmoney13/09/2019 10:51

in stock at the pihut for those who want one but i'm going to wait …in stock at the pihut for those who want one but i'm going to wait for one with a header so i can safely power it down.https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w

Brilliant, thank you. Just got another.
Aerobiz13/09/2019 11:36

no problem
Aerobiz13/09/2019 11:36

do you power off safely with a button? i've never had a pi before and want to go headless so i won't be able to shut it down with a keyboard, i'm not sure yet how to do it, i don't want to do any soldering.

Hmm, thinking about getting a 2.5 touchscreen but i'm wondering how much of an impact it would have on performance...
Edited by: "loadsavmoney" 13th Sep 2019
loadsavmoney13/09/2019 11:47

do you power off safely with a button? i've never had a pi before and want …do you power off safely with a button? i've never had a pi before and want to go headless so i won't be able to shut it down with a keyboard, i'm not sure yet how to do it, i don't want to do any soldering.Hmm, thinking about getting a 2.5 touchscreen but i'm wondering how much of an impact it would have on performance...

I'm using in cases that have the safe shut down built in, and I only have to install a script for it to work.
loadsavmoney13/09/2019 11:47

do you power off safely with a button? i've never had a pi before and want …do you power off safely with a button? i've never had a pi before and want to go headless so i won't be able to shut it down with a keyboard, i'm not sure yet how to do it, i don't want to do any soldering.Hmm, thinking about getting a 2.5 touchscreen but i'm wondering how much of an impact it would have on performance...

I use the Raspi Check app on my phone to manage mine. I do have buttons but in the end didn't set em up as the app works fine (as long as the network works).
Drop the stores with a 1 per customer policy an email and explain your situation and ask if they can sell you all 6.
Edited by: "joedastudd" 14th Sep 2019
joedastudd14/09/2019 12:09

Drop the stores with a 1 per customer policy an email and explain your …Drop the stores with a 1 per customer policy an email and explain your situation and ask if they can sell you all 6.

I did, both just flatly ignored me. Tried their contact email, twitter and Facebook. No replies.
Aerobiz13/09/2019 16:52

I'm using in cases that have the safe shut down built in, and I only have …I'm using in cases that have the safe shut down built in, and I only have to install a script for it to work.

dcx_badass14/09/2019 11:04

I use the Raspi Check app on my phone to manage mine. I do have buttons …I use the Raspi Check app on my phone to manage mine. I do have buttons but in the end didn't set em up as the app works fine (as long as the network works).

Thanks i didn't think of using an app, i'll have to use my PC or phone over the network then because i've ordered a bare board without pins
Weird that the pi hut has them in stock but pimoroni doesn't, i thought they would've been supplied at the same time.
loadsavmoney16/09/2019 11:27

back in stock at pimoroni now …back in stock at pimoroni now too:https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w?bis_id=4KzvmO&utm_campaign=stock-notification&utm_content=Raspberry Pi Zero W&utm_medium=email&utm_source=back-in-stock&variant=3147218944010

I just did multiple orders at PiHut. Postage on each one but still cheaper than everywhere else. They sent them.
Aerobiz17/09/2019 10:14

I just did multiple orders at PiHut. Postage on each one but still cheaper …I just did multiple orders at PiHut. Postage on each one but still cheaper than everywhere else. They sent them.

i have one now, my 1st pi and it's so small, a baby
looked bigger on the internet.

i'm glad you have them all now, postage is the price you pay when over ordering i guess.
Edited by: "loadsavmoney" 17th Sep 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants