Raspberry pi retro gaming?

Found 5th Apr
Hi guys!

Looking to get myself a retro gaming rig setup, nothing too fancy but something I can transport to friends etc.

Seems the going rate for pre-built ones is around £60 - £80 but wondered if anyone has any opinions or tips on this (typically they include basic controllers etc). There's a sea of information out there on various sites but often people's experiences are v different!

Comments welcome!
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
own a console and have any spare controllers? As some emulation devices can work with ps3 controllers etc
emodan2 m ago

own a console and have any spare controllers? As some emulation devices …own a console and have any spare controllers? As some emulation devices can work with ps3 controllers etc

Xbox 360 and Xbox one. That's interesting though, I did wonder whether any would be cross compatible after reading some bits on wireless controllers and pi
Retropie /retrostation has better pad compatibility than windows. It's insane how easy it is to setup and get working. Through scraping is very slow
kester761 h, 41 m ago

Retropie /retrostation has better pad compatibility than windows. It's …Retropie /retrostation has better pad compatibility than windows. It's insane how easy it is to setup and get working. Through scraping is very slow

Ah good to know! Thanks! With the scraping, is that a realistically one off thing to do? I guess various places update roms over time?
Save yourself the hassle of finding all the roms, cover art, etc and download a working image, somewhere like arcadepunks dot com is a good start.
paulj4859 m ago

Save yourself the hassle of finding all the roms, cover art, etc and …Save yourself the hassle of finding all the roms, cover art, etc and download a working image, somewhere like arcadepunks dot com is a good start.

That looks *really* useful! Thank you for that!
paulj485th Apr

Save yourself the hassle of finding all the roms, cover art, etc and …Save yourself the hassle of finding all the roms, cover art, etc and download a working image, somewhere like arcadepunks dot com is a good start.

Just to thank you again - I ended up using that site and it was super useful. Bagged myself a 64gb image all preloaded with 10k of games and recalbox. The hardest part was waiting for it to download! That lead to a long weekend which I'm sure has damaged my eyes in the long term
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants