Raw dog food online

Posted 7th Nov
Does anyone here order raw dog food online?

who do you buy from ? I've had a look around and some are either way too expensive or they just don't have enough reviews or feedback

anybody used dezirabullz? they only £18 a fortnight to feed our ridgeback which is really cheap, especially with it being raw. we pay more than that now for his dry kibble which he just constantly farts off, and we have tried many different brands
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Have you tried forthglade wet food, I know it's not raw but it does have t high meat content and is not full of additives? They also do a dry pressed kibble without any junk in it but it does work out expensive.
Dyslexic_Dog07/11/2019 08:34

Have you tried forthglade wet food, I know it's not raw but it does have t …Have you tried forthglade wet food, I know it's not raw but it does have t high meat content and is not full of additives? They also do a dry pressed kibble without any junk in it but it does work out expensive.

Thanks. I'll have a look now. Try work out the cost. Am I right in saying my dog would need 1kg of raw meat? He's 48kg our dog. He's currently on chappie dry mixed with chappie tinned food and it's not working for him

Looks like I'd be getting around about 20 days worth of wet food for £63.35 for our ridgeback, quite expensive. I think he would need about 2 and half trays a day , I think
Around about a kilo a day we feed him
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 7th Nov
Yes, it can work out expensive but you can normally always find it on offer somewhere, either on Amazon, Waitrose pet, or any of the larger online vets/pet shops.

forthglade.com/abo…are.

Have a look on their website it's quite useful to know what's in the food, another good site is all about dog food.

allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the…ory
efc_4ever07/11/2019 08:42

Thanks. I'll have a look now. Try work out the cost. Am I right in saying …Thanks. I'll have a look now. Try work out the cost. Am I right in saying my dog would need 1kg of raw meat? He's 48kg our dog. He's currently on chappie dry mixed with chappie tinned food and it's not working for himLooks like I'd be getting around about 20 days worth of wet food for £63.35 for our ridgeback, quite expensive. I think he would need about 2 and half trays a day , I think Around about a kilo a day we feed him

1kg doesn't sound enough for a dog that size, sounds more like a morning meal.
AMaky07/11/2019 09:14

1kg doesn't sound enough for a dog that size, sounds more like a morning …1kg doesn't sound enough for a dog that size, sounds more like a morning meal.

Wait let me double check the exact amount I'm feeding him. See this is something I'm not sure I'm doing right also. The amount I feed him at the minute is 250g dry chappie and 200g wet chappie twice a day

He farts constantly and his stools are sloppy

I've tried chappie, wafcol, wainwright's, Purina dry and stools always sloppy
I use to get my raw from my local pet shop try going round local ones and just asking the ones I use to get would be frozen and lots to choose from even had pigs tails and chicken feet. I know pets at home do frozen also think the packs are quite small also every now and again get mine pigs liver and kidneys and hearts from asda

Thanks. I'll have a look now. Try work out the cost. Am I right in saying …Thanks. I'll have a look now. Try work out the cost. Am I right in saying my dog would need 1kg of raw meat? He's 48kg our dog. He's currently on chappie dry mixed with chappie tinned food and it's not working for himLooks like I'd be getting around about 20 days worth of wet food for £63.35 for our ridgeback, quite expensive. I think he would need about 2 and half trays a day , I think Around about a kilo a day we feed him

Chappie is awful stuff I really cannot blame him its full of crud on both the way in & out!
We use a combination but tend to cook offal, heart, liver, kidney etc & mix it with good dry food.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 7th Nov
Mr_Gus07/11/2019 18:54

Chappie is awful stuff I really cannot blame him its full of crud on both …Chappie is awful stuff I really cannot blame him its full of crud on both the way in & out! We use a combination but tend to cook offal, heart, liver, kidney etc & mix it with good dry food.

What brand is your good dry food?

Would need 1.2kg at 2.5% per day this can be upped or lowered if he gains or loses weight. Durham animal feed is cheap and they deliver.
Edited by: "AndyWalker85" 7th Nov
Mr_Gus07/11/2019 18:54

Chappie is awful stuff I really cannot blame him its full of crud on both …Chappie is awful stuff I really cannot blame him its full of crud on both the way in & out! We use a combination but tend to cook offal, heart, liver, kidney etc & mix it with good dry food.

Chappie isn’t the best but I know a lot of people who feed it if there dogs have allergies or dodgy stomach’s and swear by it
AndyWalker8507/11/2019 20:21

Chappie isn’t the best but I know a lot of people who feed it if there d … Chappie isn’t the best but I know a lot of people who feed it if there dogs have allergies or dodgy stomach’s and swear by it

Yes a few people off here recommended it to me so I thought I'd give it a try. Seems to be slightly better than when he was on the wafcol dry food that the vet recommended
efc_4ever07/11/2019 20:29

Yes a few people off here recommended it to me so I thought I'd give it a …Yes a few people off here recommended it to me so I thought I'd give it a try. Seems to be slightly better than when he was on the wafcol dry food that the vet recommended

Raw is definitely best, we have a frenchie who farts would clear the house until we switched him, his coat is lovely and shiny poos are small as there isn’t really any waste in the food and only goes twice a day.
AndyWalker8507/11/2019 20:32

Raw is definitely best, we have a frenchie who farts would clear the house …Raw is definitely best, we have a frenchie who farts would clear the house until we switched him, his coat is lovely and shiny poos are small as there isn’t really any waste in the food and only goes twice a day.

Do you use durham for your raw food?
efc_4ever07/11/2019 20:34

Do you use durham for your raw food?

Yeah we tried most of the expensive brands to start with and someone recommended daf which is about 75p and block. They have loads of different proteins and he loves it so win win
You scrutinise the amount of "meat" oils & ash components etc of all of the ingredients & find what suits best, that can change over years according to seasonal weight, giving variety (bored on the same crud every day) ..ours is invariably "complete" biscuit then topped up with cooked meat / a can / tray.

biscuit size dependent upon gut absorbtion, age of dog, breed type etc.

Also look for a working dog food if it is better calorifically as it is vat free!

Amongst others we have used Gusto, (but stopped due to biscit size, the oil that was seasonally used was filtered badly sometimes),

Lidl's own big bags of biscuit, silvermans, skinners field & trial, ..."complete" food is not really complete food.
Cans ..Butchers
Trays ..gelert / forthglade + others

Complete is to be topped up with meat (we feed liver once or more per week, heart, kidney, ..also cans of sardines in sunflower oil (morrisons & lidl), ..lots of protein & fishy oil they love.

top ups if lost weight of cheap pork pies etc at morrisons, meat offcuts (morrisons).

Mince & veg (lower fat varieties).
Sausages...

chickens, (cooked in instantpot)
rice (instantpot)
small amounts of vegetables in stews..
Scrambled egg on a gut rest day.

probiotics, yoghurts etc.

Lots of stuff, garlic granules (good for blood supply & skin) tiny bit first, & dried herbs for flavour in the cooked meat.

Did feed raw at one time but it can be risky! ...gastric issues nearly killed a dog as a result.

There is no strict "recipe" for what we feed exactly ..it varies season to season (more in winter for calories burnt keeping warmer), age & health of dogs.

But a good clean plate is an indicator
is chappie still "fish slush" as my wife puts it? would explain the sloppy stools
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 7th Nov
I'm glad I don't have a 🐕 !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants