Razer phone

Found 1st Nov 2017
What do you think?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

Looks interesting and I'm rather shocked they went into the phone market. I don't know how long they'll stay in the phone market. But it's an expensive gamble.

I personally wouldnt buy it due to the design. The only thing that's interesting to me personally is the large battery and good specs. But I love my S8 and wouldn't consider switching.

Dual front speakers is very nice. As with the pixel 2. 120hz has caught my eye. The realist in me is wondering what I would use it for as I don't do mobile games. Large battery is nice but depends how much power the phone uses . Very interested and tempted . But probably won't dip into razer phones till the second version so they have a chance to refine

I'm liking the specs.

No 3.5mm

rev66 h, 25 m ago

No 3.5mm

That's the future. Time to start moving on. It comes with an adapter anyway.
Edited by: "artnada" 2nd Nov 2017

artnada19 m ago

That's the future. Time to start moving on. It comes with an adapter …That's the future. Time to start moving on. It comes with an adapter anyway.

It's the future, yet they've added an adapter? Doesn't sound all that committed to me. A bit like wireless headphones having the option to be wired.
It's a trend the big players are following. Led by Apple I believe. It's not like we're moving to digital audio. It's all analogue in the end.
Give me one good reason why removing the jack is a good idea. And not smartphone thickness...
Edited by: "rev6" 2nd Nov 2017

rev66 m ago

It's the future, yet they've added an adapter? Doesn't sound all that …It's the future, yet they've added an adapter? Doesn't sound all that committed to me. A bit like wireless headphones having the option to be wired.It's a trend the big players are following. Led by Apple I believe. It's not like we're moving to digital audio. It's all analogue in the end.Give me one good reason why removing the jack is a good idea. And not smartphone thickness...

Adapter comes with THX certified DAC too.

The adapter is for people who curerently still use wired. But the future definatly is wire less.
It's gonna happen.

artnada21 m ago

Adapter comes with THX certified DAC too. The adapter is for people who …Adapter comes with THX certified DAC too. The adapter is for people who curerently still use wired. But the future definatly is wire less. It's gonna happen.

Wired and Wireless as existed in smartphones together for as long as I can remember. Why would removing the jack benefit anyone?
They'll exist together, for the foreseeable future.

720p and 1080p screens on smartphones have existed together for as long as I can remember. Why would having 2k or 4k screens on a smartphone benefit anyone?

Things develop and change. Accept the inevitable.

artnada2 h, 12 m ago

720p and 1080p screens on smartphones have existed together for as long as …720p and 1080p screens on smartphones have existed together for as long as I can remember. Why would having 2k or 4k screens on a smartphone benefit anyone? Things develop and change. Accept the inevitable.

This was a rubbish example ^

rev62 h, 57 m ago

Wired and Wireless as existed in smartphones together for as long as I can …Wired and Wireless as existed in smartphones together for as long as I can remember. Why would removing the jack benefit anyone?They'll exist together, for the foreseeable future.

Whilst I agree with you that it won't benefit anyone, it will however benefit the company. Imagine the cost you will be paying on those and then imagine when they break and you have to pay some more, generates more income for the company.

MR11232 h, 28 m ago

Whilst I agree with you that it won't benefit anyone, it will however …Whilst I agree with you that it won't benefit anyone, it will however benefit the company. Imagine the cost you will be paying on those and then imagine when they break and you have to pay some more, generates more income for the company.

Yep. There's no doubt it benefits them.

artnada4 h, 45 m ago

720p and 1080p screens on smartphones have existed together for as long as …720p and 1080p screens on smartphones have existed together for as long as I can remember. Why would having 2k or 4k screens on a smartphone benefit anyone? Things develop and change. Accept the inevitable.

Not really the same is it.

Anyway there's perceivable benefits having higher resolution. There's none removing the headphone jack.

No headphone jack kinda kills it for me as I hate having to carry around a separate player.
Post a comment
@
    Text