Groups

RBS bank transfers. HELP!

Trying to make a transfer from my dads bank to mine. He is with RBS and im with HSBC. When i try to do it online it says I need a card reader? Not sure if im clicking the wrong thing but I cant grasp why i'd need a card reader to make a transfer. I make transfers from my HSBC account to anyone else without one... Anyone had problems with this before? or know how much a card reader costs? It says I can order one but doesnt say if its free or not.

Any help appreciated n stuff.

21 Comments

Banned

the card readers where sent out to everyone, has your dad not got one

Try transferring all your dad's money to my account....

I'm with RBS - the card reader is a small keypad which you need everytime you set up a new payee from your account. You insert your cash card into it.

When your dad set up his online bank account he should have been sent one - it comes in a small blue box.

Original Poster

apparently not....lol.
    So im guessing I need a card reader to make the transfer?

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4990625

Try transferring all your dad's money to my account....

try kissing my bum cheeks

Banned

Jed Maxwell;4990641

apparently not....lol. So im guessing I need a card reader to make the … apparently not....lol. So im guessing I need a card reader to make the transfer?

yep :thumbsup:

Original Poster

TwoToTango;4990630

I'm with RBS - the card reader is a small keypad which you need everytime … I'm with RBS - the card reader is a small keypad which you need everytime you set up a new payee from your account. You insert your cash card into it.When your dad set up his online bank account he should have been sent one - it comes in a small blue box.

I only just opened the account... So I can pay myself my wages. lol Ill wait and see if they send me one

Jed Maxwell;4990643

Any time!!! :thumbsup:

Jed Maxwell;4990643

I'll do it gor the bank details

Banned

Jed Maxwell;4990654

I only just opened the account... So I can pay myself my wages. lol Ill … I only just opened the account... So I can pay myself my wages. lol Ill wait and see if they send me one

thought this was your dads account :?

Original Poster

sassie;4990676

thought this was your dads account :?

it is, but i have his card and statement so i could open it

Jed Maxwell;4990686

it is, but i have his card and statement so i could open it

This doesn't sound at all right?

Original Poster

radiocde;4990735

This doesn't sound at all right?

hey im no criminal! yet.... lol

Seriously though, he gave me his details so I could set up online banking to make paying me easier. its the truth. honest...

Banned

why on earth didnt you set up an account with same banks

Original Poster

sassie;4990785

why on earth didnt you set up an account with same banks

I have all my direct debits going out of mine. I didnt think moving the money between banks was such a hassle. With my online account its simple. Just type in the destination Sort code and account number and its done. Its RBS making it difficult!

Banned

RBS and natwest now used these card readers, as said when making a new payee thing you will need the card reader, you wont need to use that for every payment to you, just to set up the new payee

Original Poster

sassie;4990818

RBS and natwest now used these card readers, as said when making a new … RBS and natwest now used these card readers, as said when making a new payee thing you will need the card reader, you wont need to use that for every payment to you, just to set up the new payee

ah ok, thats not so bad then. Thought I was going to have to use it every time I wanted to make a transfer. Just to add the payee isint so bad.

I cannot even login to my Barclays account without the damned card reader, so not just for transfers. Seems to be pretty much everything online

I use internet banking loads, that would really do my head in, hope A&L don't start lol

it's a good fraud countermeasure but it's a pain in the ass on my business account for stuff I pay like once a year because I don't have a card and only have an online banking card for the reader, to which I don't know the pin, yet neither branch nor online help can help me get a replacement cost me £30 to pay my corporation tax.

MinstrelMan;4991397

it's a good fraud countermeasure but it's a pain in the ass on my … it's a good fraud countermeasure but it's a pain in the ass on my business account for stuff I pay like once a year because I don't have a card and only have an online banking card for the reader, to which I don't know the pin, yet neither branch nor online help can help me get a replacement cost me £30 to pay my corporation tax.

SILENCE!!!!

I kill you.....

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846300
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …199541
      3. Your dream gaming set up?1846
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523422

See more discussions