Re entering the Uk on a Standard visa

Posted 4th Feb
Hi, my friend from Brazil has a standard 6 month visitor visa and has been in the Uk since November, they would like to go back to Brazil but want to know if they’d be able to return to the UK after a short trip home providing its within the original 6 month period?
I’ve tried looking on the .gov website but can’t seem to find an answer.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
*As the immigration police kick down your door, cuff you, and drag you away*
"But the man on the HUKD forum, he tell me it ok, I can stay here! Owwwww! That hurts!"
7 Comments
Yes but if they leave it too late i.e close to the 6 month then they may struggle
Their own govt is best door to knock on for info pertaining their citizens.
Check visa stamp on your passport if it says single or multiple entries, if it states multiple then I'm sure you can make more than one trips within 6 months otherwise only one.
*As the immigration police kick down your door, cuff you, and drag you away*
"But the man on the HUKD forum, he tell me it ok, I can stay here! Owwwww! That hurts!"
it depends on whether it is one entry or multiple entries. it will state this on the visa.
Haircut_10004/02/2020 20:41

*As the immigration police kick down your door, cuff you, and drag you …*As the immigration police kick down your door, cuff you, and drag you away* "But the man on the HUKD forum, he tell me it ok, I can stay here! Owwwww! That hurts!"

At least if they’re Brazilian they won’t go via the back door.
From my understanding once they stamp your passport its usually six months, this means you can stay in the country for 6 months, once you leave whether its 3 months or 6 months it does not matter. Upon return to the UK they will restamp your passport or you will need to reapply. But be wary, once you leave and re enter there will be more questions raised. You have to satisfy the immigration officer that you will return with a return ticket, that you have enough funds or that someone will be supporting him/her on their visit and that they have some where to stay. The first time you enter it's quite easy, the second time within a short period will raise questions
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants