Groups

Re jailbreaking my iPhone 3gs (untethered)

Basically my question is how do I make an 'untethered' jailbreak on my 3GS?
    What do I use? (not interested in unlocking, just jailbreak)

If this help; I bought my 3gs 2 months ago, b/b is 04.26.08, and I have NOT yet updated to the latest firmware ( still on 3.0.1).

Any help on this guys/girls?

18 Comments

Blackra1n jailbreaks them all and does it in about 15 seconds

Original Poster

lastlaststar;6894062

Blackra1n jailbreaks them all and does it in about 15 seconds

Yes but is it untethered? I don't want to have to connect to my pc everytime it needs a boot :thinking:

As above geohot aka blackrain is the only one i know and have used.
    It is so easy to do and the quickest jailbreak.

Original Poster

ADAMHODG;6894133

As above geohot aka blackrain is the only one i know and have used.It is … As above geohot aka blackrain is the only one i know and have used.It is so easy to do and the quickest jailbreak.

So should I update to 3.1 firmware and use blackrain? And are you sure it will be untethered?

ele-font;6894193

So should I update to 3.1 firmware and use blackrain? And are you sure it … So should I update to 3.1 firmware and use blackrain? And are you sure it will be untethered?

Agree with the above - google for blackra1n and geohot and it really does work in seconds. I have had an Iphone since Agust and deliberated whether to do this and unlock it as I wanted to use my 3 sim from my data card in it. The confusion that I had from the details was whether you had to upgrade to the latest software through Itunes first which I did and it worked with no problems.

Regarding tethering, I think it is fine provided your battery does not run completely flat.

Original Poster

flyfishermedic;6894219

Regarding tethering, I think it is fine provided your battery does not … Regarding tethering, I think it is fine provided your battery does not run completely flat.

...which mine does hence looking for an untethered solution. I read somewhere that if I jailbreak on 3.0 firmware, it would be untethered so hoping someone here could clarify this and which software to use? Thanks for help tho :thumbsup:

ele-font;6894193

So should I update to 3.1 firmware and use blackrain? And are you sure it … So should I update to 3.1 firmware and use blackrain? And are you sure it will be untethered?

As far as im aware it is untethered, every time i boot mine it doesn't need to be connected. just boost straight up.

I can't download the BL3.9 and BL4.6, it says they have been removed. Any idea where else I can get them?

tessb;6901188

I can't download the BL3.9 and BL4.6, it says they have been removed. Any … I can't download the BL3.9 and BL4.6, it says they have been removed. Any idea where else I can get them?

Where are you trying to dl from?

tessb;6901230

iclarified http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302

]Try this

Edit: What model and firmware are you trying to JB?

Thanks xx

Original Poster

lastlaststar;6897782

As far as im aware it is untethered, every time i boot mine it doesn't … As far as im aware it is untethered, every time i boot mine it doesn't need to be connected. just boost straight up.

hmm :thinking: sounds promising... Can anyone 2nd this?

jtx;6898666

]Blackra1n is tethered for ipod touch.

that's true, its tethered for the 3rd gen touch but is this the case for the iPhone 3gs aswell do you know?

ele-font;6902785

hmm :thinking: sounds promising... Can anyone 2nd this?that's true, its … hmm :thinking: sounds promising... Can anyone 2nd this?that's true, its tethered for the 3rd gen touch but is this the case for the iPhone 3gs aswell do you know?

I would say it isn't as it only states it for the touch.

You could always try it and simply restore if it goes away with the battery going flat.

Or just use Redsn0w, as you're on 3.0.1 anyway

hi i tried blackrain it said it jailbroke the phone but whn i switched it off i had to restore it back to factory setting does any one no y tht happen version is 3.1.2

I got it working no problems with redsn0w, thanks to all who helped.

tessb;6913541

I got it working no problems with redsn0w, thanks to all who helped.

did it jail break it and unlock it how long did it take if u dnt mind me asking
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522115
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions