Re: Letter on 'The Sun' Consumer Page from a Quidco Member who did not get their cashback

Found 16th Feb
Hi Read a letter in The Sun this week from a Quidco customer whose £100 BT Broadband cashback was refused as commission was paid to another cashback site. The Quidco customer queried this and Quidco replied with a load of computer jargon and said there is nothing more it can do. When The Sun contacted Quidco they gave the customer the cashback as a goodwill gesture.

Now - Is it just me or am I the only one who feels a little hard done by reading this? I am sure I am not the only one who has had cashback refused for the same reason. Maybe we should all write to The Sun and see if we get the same response?:-)

I would be interested in your views - please be nice though as I don't post very often as I am a taker of deals and not much of a giver :-))
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I would feel a little hard done by if I read the S*n. My views are, don’t buy the S*n or read it
15 Comments
I would feel a little hard done by if I read the S*n. My views are, don’t buy the S*n or read it
Its usually the case, when the media are involved, companies act faster. Same happened previous years with other newspapers.

Quidco/Topcashback can do as they please.
I'm sure we all know how to do it . Always clear cookies before going through TCB or Quidco when major cashback is involved . For instance if you click through to check an item on here then go through TCB/Quidco to buy it , the cashback may well track to HUKD .
Of course if you raise it with Admin HUKD will give you your cashback back straight away . .

Of course Quidco made the goodwill gesture when the Sun intervened , cheap PR for £100 . However I doubt you will be seeing any further cases .
Well they have probably already spent over £100 buying the sun so they aren’t really any better off...
jayonline853 h, 49 m ago

I would feel a little hard done by if I read the S*n. My views are, don’t b …I would feel a little hard done by if I read the S*n. My views are, don’t buy the S*n or read it

Don't worry you read a Sun story above, just don't tell your Guardianista friends in case they want to march outside your house.
rogparki2 h, 45 m ago

I'm sure we all know how to do it . Always clear cookies before going …I'm sure we all know how to do it . Always clear cookies before going through TCB or Quidco when major cashback is involved . For instance if you click through to check an item on here then go through TCB/Quidco to buy it , the cashback may well track to HUKD . Of course if you raise it with Admin HUKD will give you your cashback back straight away . .Of course Quidco made the goodwill gesture when the Sun intervened , cheap PR for £100 . However I doubt you will be seeing any further cases .

I always clear cookies and history and then restart browser on every single Quidco ive done and ive still be told its been paid to another referrer! They are terrible
Write to the daily mail instead, say an immigrant stole your cashback and when you phone up complain they were all foreign too .
I closed my quidco account due to so many items not tracking.

I made sure each and every time I cleared my cookies, yet they still claimed items weren't tracked.

Also, over a year later on numerous items I still didn't receive any payment.

Voting with your feet is the most powerful weapon you have.
It’ll be a lynch mob
davewave1 h, 3 m ago

Don't worry you read a Sun story above, just don't tell your Guardianista … Don't worry you read a Sun story above, just don't tell your Guardianista friends in case they want to march outside your house.

jayonline854 h, 59 m ago

I would feel a little hard done by if I read the S*n. My views are, don’t b …I would feel a little hard done by if I read the S*n. My views are, don’t buy the S*n or read it

Yes - I confess - I read The Sun!
Edited by: "lucylou" 16th Feb
rogparki3 h, 50 m ago

I'm sure we all know how to do it . Always clear cookies before going …I'm sure we all know how to do it . Always clear cookies before going through TCB or Quidco when major cashback is involved . For instance if you click through to check an item on here then go through TCB/Quidco to buy it , the cashback may well track to HUKD . Of course if you raise it with Admin HUKD will give you your cashback back straight away . .Of course Quidco made the goodwill gesture when the Sun intervened , cheap PR for £100 . However I doubt you will be seeing any further cases .

Probably overkill, but when major cashback was involved, I used to use Ethereal (now called wireshark) to record my internet traffic, so I would be able to provide proof of exactly what cookies were present if the need had ever arisen.

I also used to clear cookies, then restart the browser, and make sure pop-ups and tracking wasn't blocked and frequently used a popular browser, instead of my usual one, with no extensions (other than flash) installed (typically IE).
Edited by: "melted" 16th Feb
jayonline857 m ago

It’ll be a lynch mob

Left wingers throughout history have been non-violent
Ha, I bet HotUKDeals had the cashback
Jumpingphil16th Feb

At least you are moaning about it on the right site.

Jumpingphil13 h, 14 m ago

You do know HUKD and Quidco are one and the same, don't you?

Yep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants