Groups
    EXPIRED

Re- Noisy neighbours

Banned
    How can I deal with extremely noisy neighbours ? 6 nights out of 7 they're in the garden in their hot tub, music on loud and their TV on that hangs above the hot tub... Right now, they're outside in it, music on and singing away in the hot tub.
    These neighbours are not approachable, she's mutton dressed as lamb, and very loud. Husband is just an idiot... an ex rugby player, got his own business and also very loud and cocky. .. he's the type to just give you a smack if looked at him the wrong way. I can't hear my TV and I'm in my bedroom with windows closed.
    it's worse when I've been on nights and about 9 am every day their kids jumping on the trampoline screaming and shouting... arrrrghhh. .. not even my ear plugs work

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

63 Comments

Put your sprinkler on the lawn on full power ,a bit of overspray cant be helped.oO

pop round and kill em, do the world a favour

Been there myself. Its a nightmare. We had 2 years of it. Ended up moving in the end. Our neighbours were alcoholics and everything evolved around booze. Glad to be away from them. Good luck, I truly hope you get it sorted x

I've got a spare claw hammer if you need it

Remember water and electricity don't mix. Silly to have a TV near a hot tub. Frazzle.

Original Poster Banned

doubleyoutea

Remember water and electricity don't mix. Silly to have a TV near a hot … Remember water and electricity don't mix. Silly to have a TV near a hot tub. Frazzle.

fingers crossed

Original Poster Banned

ohdaesu

I've got a spare claw hammer if you need it

I'll need a spare too please

Original Poster Banned

sunshiner

you could try this https://www.gov.uk/report-noise-pollution-to-council

that's fantastic thank you. I will try this idea first, as I am a reasonable person. If it fails I will try some other ideas I have been given. thanks

Original Poster Banned

leelee6781

I'll need a spare too please

*spade

Original Poster Banned

silence...... good night all
    Thankyou for all your ideas.

Happened to me for four years in the end there neighbors and you have to get on even if you don't like them, once there's confrontation they will do it even more if they are like you say, I ended up moving it made me ill.Have a word in conversation through the day see how they react they may keep it down a bit If all fail's throw a plugged in toaster in when there all in and watch them cook oO
    Edited by: "emmabee123" 24th Jul 2014

Report a noise nuisance

Your local council will have a 24hr emergency number to report nuisance neighbours/noise

Edited by: "philphil61" 24th Jul 2014

same problem with me and noisey neighbours. I got myself ear plugs and ear defenders for sleeping or quiet time and earphones for watching TV. its sad having to live like it but it has helped loads

After years of abuse from one of my neighbours every time I politely requested he be a little quieter, I decided to go by the old saying "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!". We often spend entire days making as much noise as we possibly can to annoy each other. In a funny way it's kind of amusing. At the minute I'm winning with hammering on the fence that backs on to his garden whenever he's in it and playing whatever music I feel like listening to at whatever volume I deem appropriate. He's close behind me with leaving a leaf blower turned on at the bottom of the garden all day and playing recordings of dogs barking.

Since there's a decent gap between us and anyone else it's inconsequential and, as I said earlier, rather amusing.

Good luck.

To be honest, the council were as much use as a chocolate fire guard with our problems. We had noise recording equipment but each time they installed it, next door would go silent. I was sure they were being tipped off. After we moved, they were evicted through rent arreas. Completely let off for causing us 2 yrs of hell. I was diagnosed with IBS during it all through all the stress.

OP, want me to come round in my mankini? I'm 15 stone, 5 foot and look like Chunk's older fatter brother. I don't mind climbing in with them.

Graham1979

OP, want me to come round in my mankini? I'm 15 stone, 5 foot and look … OP, want me to come round in my mankini? I'm 15 stone, 5 foot and look like Chunk's older fatter brother. I don't mind climbing in with them.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/fat-man-beach-blanket-beer-cartoon-illustration-33000127.jpg
    one for all for one

Banned

Sneak in when there out and put a couple of bottles of bleach in the hot tub, not sure but it might turn their hair white, be good for a laugh at them.... Or just we and take a dump in it revenge is always needed sometimes just don't get caught

We've been in the same situation for over 2 years. One of our neighbours has a dog that barks all day, every day. First thing in the morning til last thing at night. My oh works shifts and sometimes is unable to get any sleep after nights. We've been in touch with the council and they were useless. Its made me ill with stress but we just have to keep going as the problem never goes away. I would love to strangle it and its owners too.
    Are only option now is to sell up and get as far away as possible! :-/

galareho

We've been in the same situation for over 2 years. One of our neighbours … We've been in the same situation for over 2 years. One of our neighbours has a dog that barks all day, every day. First thing in the morning til last thing at night. My oh works shifts and sometimes is unable to get any sleep after nights. We've been in touch with the council and they were useless. Its made me ill with stress but we just have to keep going as the problem never goes away. I would love to strangle it and its owners too.Are only option now is to sell up and get as far away as possible! :-/

You can get a bark stopper - it emits a high pitched sound I think that only the dogs hear - it shuts them up. amazon.co.uk/dp/…c=1 for e.g

This is what I would do

Send mail to them via RM or if your sneaky by hand. Don't identify yourself as the neighbour but write in the letter in a friendly sort of way that you live X amount of houses down the road and the noise is a bit loud and maybe you could put that you work nights or have an illness etc...... see if there is any reaction from that. Doing the same identifying youreself an "next door" neighbour could end up being a bit iffy. As you said they don't look approachable, but the first thing that will probably say is "why the letter, why not speak your concerns.

Bigfootpete

You can get a bark stopper - it emits a high pitched sound I think that … You can get a bark stopper - it emits a high pitched sound I think that only the dogs hear - it shuts them up. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K5OBPNC?psc=1 for e.g

Tried that but didnt work unfortunately. :-(

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD

At 11.30pm on a week night?Why don't you get a job!

because I don't need to!! I worked hard made my money and retired, now enjoying life! However there are a lot of kill joys in life! If you don't like it, move, it's quite simple!

Firstly you should knock and explain your situation, if not Its quite simple , they keep you up you keep them up ! Got a petrol lawnmower ? start it up do some gardening at 7.30am just when they want to sleep , get your drill on hammer and drill couple of spare bricks out , practice makes perfect , You'll get just as good at p i s s i n g them off and when you keep them awake all day they wont be up as late trust me

damo1972

because I don't need to!! I worked hard made my money and retired, now … because I don't need to!! I worked hard made my money and retired, now enjoying life! However there are a lot of kill joys in life! If you don't like it, move, it's quite simple!

So how would you feel if your sleep was disturbed all the time when you were working hard? To the point you can't work hard as you are tired all the time. Is that fair or am I been a kill joy?

damo1972

because I don't need to!! I worked hard made my money and retired, now … because I don't need to!! I worked hard made my money and retired, now enjoying life! However there are a lot of kill joys in life! If you don't like it, move, it's quite simple!

Kill joys?? Are you for real? You want to hope it never happens to you. Its not easy to up and leave your home and why should they? People need to have more respect for others.

damo1972

why should they be forced to move, why dont the people who like to party all hours of the night move to a detached in the middle of no were

Just get some japanese knotweed and chuck it over their fence.

Banned

galareho

We've been in the same situation for over 2 years. One of our neighbours … We've been in the same situation for over 2 years. One of our neighbours has a dog that barks all day, every day. First thing in the morning til last thing at night. My oh works shifts and sometimes is unable to get any sleep after nights. We've been in touch with the council and they were useless. Its made me ill with stress but we just have to keep going as the problem never goes away. I would love to strangle it and its owners too.Are only option now is to sell up and get as far away as possible! :-/

Poison some meat or dog treats and throw them over fence or put them through letter box, of course you should speak first and ask them to keep the dog quiet or ring RSPCA if it barking that much there could be neglecting the dog....

I would go with poison after that long but.

Ive been having similar troubles with neighbours, who luckily are a couple of doors away. Both claim single parent, neither work. Both been given a house paid from our taxes but live together. Her brand spanking new house remains empty. Apart from the weekends, where they all sleep over. Its only a 2 bed and they have 5 kids between them. I wouldnt mind but the children have no manners, swearing and cursing in the garden, screaming all the time. ( i have no problem at all with children playing, but not when small young kids are swearing. Its like a contest of who can scream the loudest and the vile one would win!). Playing loud music to the point you cant be in your garden (again im not even their next door neighbour).
    They have a untaxed car which by having a nosey on here and finding a website called ASKMID, found it to have no insurance. Whoever you moan or report them too, no one wants to know. Why? Because "she" has a background! Justice system sucks!

Original Poster Banned

Ellie Phant

This is what I would doSend mail to them via RM or if your sneaky by … This is what I would doSend mail to them via RM or if your sneaky by hand. Don't identify yourself as the neighbour but write in the letter in a friendly sort of way that you live X amount of houses down the road and the noise is a bit loud and maybe you could put that you work nights or have an illness etc...... see if there is any reaction from that. Doing the same identifying youreself an "next door" neighbour could end up being a bit iffy. As you said they don't look approachable, but the first thing that will probably say is "why the letter, why not speak your concerns.

Great idea, I will do this today. thanks. hopefully it'll keep them quiet.

Original Poster Banned

damo1972

How about op getting a life!

I have a job.... Monday to Friday 12 hour rotating shifts.

Original Poster Banned

Python

Just get some japanese knotweed and chuck it over their fence.

lol... great idea... im on ebay now looking

leelee6781

that's fantastic thank you. I will try this idea first, as I am a … that's fantastic thank you. I will try this idea first, as I am a reasonable person. If it fails I will try some other ideas I have been given. thanks

You are going to report them to the council first rather than even speaking to them because you think he would hit you just for looking at him the wrong way? You really are a bit crazy. You can't just make up in your head that your neighbours are these horrible people, they might be ok. Have you stopped taking your medication?

I found this info on the gov.uk site (link at the bottom):

Complain about noise to the council

You can ask your local council for help if the neighbour dispute involves an activity that is damaging to health or a nuisance. This is known as a ‘statutory nuisance’.

Examples include:

noise (including loud music and barking dogs)
    artificial light (except street lamps)
    dust, steam, smell or insects from business premises
    smoke, fumes or gases
    a build-up of rubbish that could harm health

Your local council has a duty to investigate any statutory nuisance.

You should always try and solve the problem by talking to your neighbour or through mediation before contacting the council.
    Penalties

If the council decides someone is causing a statutory noise nuisance they must issue a ‘noise abatement’ order. This tells the person what they must do to stop making a noise nuisance or else face further legal action.

If someone breaks an abatement order about noise from their home, they can be fined up to £5,000. If it’s noise from a factory or business, the penalty can be up to £20,000.

gov.uk/how…iew

Good luck!

Been through this quiet recently. Call the council whenever noise starts. Took me around 3 calls to council, they warned neighbours threatening them that further issues will lead to confiscation of items involved with such noise. Finally it stopped.

Within the 3 calls, council didn't take it seriously so I told them that I wouldn't pay council tax until its sorted. End of the day its their responsibility.

Hope it helps. Good luck.
    Edited by: "thegame999" 24th Jul 2014

thegame999

Been through this quiet recently. Call the council whenever noise starts. … Been through this quiet recently. Call the council whenever noise starts. Took me around 3 calls to council, they warned neighbours threatening them that further issues will lead to confiscation of items involved with such noise. Finally it stopped.Hope it helps. Good luck.

You were lucky, I called hundereds of times. They used to turn up in bright yellow vans and visors, next door would see them coming and go quiet.

hocka

You were lucky, I called hundereds of times. They used to turn up in … You were lucky, I called hundereds of times. They used to turn up in bright yellow vans and visors, next door would see them coming and go quiet.

There is a possibility that council doesn't give a s***. I think the trick was when I told them that council tax wouldn't be paid until its sorted.

Banned

hocka

Kill joys?? Are you for real? You want to hope it never happens to you. … Kill joys?? Are you for real? You want to hope it never happens to you. Its not easy to up and leave your home and why should they? People need to have more respect for others.

hey I've got a bad neighbour! When ever I have a BBQ she set her hose pipe on it. I have to put a gazebo up to shelter my guests from the water.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer45
      2. Parcel Hero weight adjustment33
      3. iPhone charging cable.916
      4. Wifi extender1115

See more discussions