Groups

Read if you want to change the text size of the HUKD site

Right a lot of people have complained they are finding the text too small.

You can remedy this situation easily, in the view tab just increase the text size and it will make everything nice and large for you.

This works in FireFox and IE6, I do not have any other browsers to check, so the Safari, Opera people please check if this works and post in here.

Hope this helps a few of you.

Edit sorry by view tab I meant the drop down menu in the browser bar ie where you have File, Edit, View. History etc.

24 Comments

Which text size is too small? Just the quick reply box or is there somewhere else?

Banned

where is the view tab? do you mean preview post?

admin, mine is in post reply, in quick reply it is bigger text

The site works splendid in "Flock" - the Social Web Browser !! I am glad the Admin has considered Usability to the good extent ! This new change be should be named "HUKD 2.0" .. joinning the Web 2.0 revolution :-D!

And finally I have got used to the site.. its easy !!

Try pressing: "CTRL + Mouse Scroll Button"

Thats the hotkey for text sizing...

Shima

Original Poster

I mean the view tab in on the browser bar, where you have the file,edit,view drop down menus.

Banned

hotdealing;1348352

I mean the view tab in on the browser bar, where you have the … I mean the view tab in on the browser bar, where you have the file,edit,view drop down menus.

wont that change the text to massive on all other sights though:?

Original Poster

Yeh but you can change it back, it will help for now at least.

Banned

no, it doesnt do nothing for me, and i have set it to largest

Original Poster

Admin;1348335

Which text size is too small? Just the quick reply box or is there … Which text size is too small? Just the quick reply box or is there somewhere else?

I think the overall text size of the site is a bit small. Also in the thread reply bit its miniscule.

Banned

hotdealing;1348364

Yeh but you can change it back, it will help for now at least.

it dont bother me at the mo, im not one for checking beofre i submit, and if i do i just edit after, when its big;-)

Personally I can read the text in the quote box no problems, if you change it like you say then the rest of the site and the rest of the web will look awful!

Original Poster

sassie;1348379

it dont bother me at the mo, im not one for checking beofre i submit, and … it dont bother me at the mo, im not one for checking beofre i submit, and if i do i just edit after, when its big;-)

Me etiher but a lot of people are moaning about it so I just thought it might help a few. I like having the text small anyway.

It's the text in the post reply box that is really small for me..........the rest is fine,nice and big(really big!!):thumbsup:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Hi,[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Just one question on another topic regarding the new look HUKD. Although I am logged in as member, I cannot use/see "Mark Forum Read" utility. Even it does not mark them read/viewed (remains bold)when I log in later on.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]It was quite useful to just look at the threads (posted/discussed) since last login only.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Any help or comments !!![/FONT]

arb007;1348432

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Hi,[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial]Just one question on … [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Hi,[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial]Just one question on another topic regarding the new look HUKD. Although I am logged in as member, I cannot use/see "Mark Forum Read" utility. Even it does not mark them read/viewed (remains bold)when I log in later on.[/FONT][FONT=Arial]It was quite useful to just look at the threads (posted/discussed) since last login only.[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Any help or comments !!![/FONT]

Apparently they are hopefully fixing this tonight.

Admin;1348335

Which text size is too small? Just the quick reply box or is there … Which text size is too small? Just the quick reply box or is there somewhere else?

I find quick reply ok but the advanced reply is tiny

Benjimoron;1348441

Apparently they are hopefully fixing this tonight.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks for quick response. Hopefully it will be back soon ![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]What is the best way to see all posts sorted by "last post time" ? I cannot figure this out too ![/FONT]

'Command' & '+' for Mac users !

The changes here are nothing to do with 'Web 2.0' it's just a BBS.

Also....why do smilies go onto a new line on their own:confused

arb007;1348466

[FONT=Arial]Thanks for quick response. Hopefully it will be back soon … [FONT=Arial]Thanks for quick response. Hopefully it will be back soon ![/FONT][FONT=Arial]What is the best way to see all posts sorted by "last post time" ? I cannot figure this out too ![/FONT]

Click discussed at the top ^^^^^^^

Banned

Benjimoron;1348523

Click discussed at the top ^^^^^^^

that will ony show for this board, if you want the entire forum click on all the discussed:thumbsup:

To increase size of text in Firefox all you do is press ctrl and +

That's better ;-)

sassie;1348568

that will ony show for this board, if you want the entire forum click on … that will ony show for this board, if you want the entire forum click on all the discussed:thumbsup:

Thanks. The Posts started to be marked "read" on friday night. But since then it is back to as it was ????
    Posts are not getting "marked as read" since saturday till now.
    Any update on it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      5. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425

See more discussions