Groups

Reading and Leeds Festival Lineups

Just incase you're trying to get onto Reading or Leeds sites and can't get it to work...

Reading Festival Reading Festival 2008

The headliners for this year's festival will be Rage Against The Machine only English shows (Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday), The Killers only UK festival shows (Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday), and Metallica only UK festival shows (Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday).

The full announcement (but not the full line-up - there's more to come over the coming weeks) is as follows:

The Main Stage at Reading on the Friday and Leeds on the Saturday has: Rage Against The Machine, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Fratellis, The Enemy, Biffy Clyro, Serj Tankian, Dizzee Rascal, Taking Back Sunday, Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly, and Anti-Flag.

The Main Stage at Reading on the Saturday and Leeds on the Sunday has: The Killers, Bloc Party, The Raconteurs, Editors, We Are Scientists, Dirty Pretty Things, and The Subways.

The Main Stage at Reading on the Sunday and Leeds on the Friday has: Metallica, Tenacious D, Slipknot, Feeder, Avenged Sevenfold, and Dropkick Murphys.

On the Radio 1/NME Stage at Reading on the Friday and Leeds on the Saturday are: A special co-headline between Babyshambles, and The Wombats, and also appearing Vampire Weekend, and MGMT.

On the Radio 1/NME Stage at Reading on the Saturday and Leeds on the Sunday are: Manic Street Preachers, Bullet For My Valentine, Justice, and Foals.

On the Radio 1/NME Stage at Reading on the Sunday and Leeds on the Friday are: The Cribs, Conor Oberst, and Pendulum.

The festival will feature a full line-up of over 150 acts over the weekend on six stages.

Tickets are on sale from 6:45pm tonight (Monday 31 March), when the first line-up announcements are made. The price is £155 for the 3 days with camping, day tickets are £65, campervans £10, lockers £15, and early entry tickets £10.

31 Comments

Reading Lineup:

Hahnemann, Rosenior, Ingimarsson, Bikey, Shorey, Oster Harper, Matejovsky, Hunt, Doyle, Kitson

Leeds Lineup:

Ankergren, Kenton, Marques, Michalik, Sheehan, Prutton, Howson, Kilkenny, Johnson, Freedman, Beckford.

and the festival lineup already posted by me two and a half hours ago here: hotukdeals.com/ite…008

Can anyone get hold of tickets for Reading? I'm having a nightmare!

firey-dragon6666;1809522

Can anyone get hold of tickets for Reading? I'm having a nightmare!

wayahead-secure.co.uk/see…asp

can't get that link to work either

still no luck for me..arghhh

sweet work, I'm in now - thanks! Rep left!!

Keep trying as it has just let me on the order page.

Original Poster

Don't try TicketMaster, they get an awful allocation each year, not worth the hastle. Most tickets go to SeeTickets/Gigs and Tours. Give them a try

]SeeTickets
    ]Gigs And Tours

Thanks - found both of those sites and numbers to be totally down though but secured entry via Baxterboy's link - what a hero.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;1809804

My mate used ticketmaster at like 6:39 it went live early, but they were … My mate used ticketmaster at like 6:39 it went live early, but they were sold out by 6:50.

They did exactly the same last year, oversold by 15,000 tickets as they re-issued them at 6:30pm (when released last year) and anyone who bought early had their order cancelled. Just to warn. Might wanna call and double check :thumbsup:

Considering Download is looking shocking this year, as day ticket for RATM day is looking quite nice.

http://www.readingfestival.com/images/poster.jpg

Reading has sold out but Leeds have tickets

For all those still trying Leeds still have tickets

Original Poster

XtremeDJW;1810199

Considering Download is looking shocking this year, as day ticket for … Considering Download is looking shocking this year, as day ticket for RATM day is looking quite nice.

Yeah, Reading were being forced to take more pop like bands due to Carling running the sponsorship on it. Now they've dropped Carling they are back to their old roots :thumbsup:

firey-dragon6666;1809777

Thanks - found both of those sites and numbers to be totally down though … Thanks - found both of those sites and numbers to be totally down though but secured entry via Baxterboy's link - what a hero.

Glad to help:thumbsup:,i just hope it`s as easy for me on Sunday morning for Glasto

whoooo i got ticks!!!

I go pretty much every year but i just got a Friday ticket this year. The line up is good but its only really Queens of the Stoneage and Rage Against the Machine i want to see cant justify the Saturday and Sunday just for Tenacious D and Metallica

Same here, Sunday is ***** and Saturday I personaly would only want to see The Foals and Killers so went for a Friday ticket, by far the best day.

If anyone is looking for tickets, I have spares as bought a couple for friends who are now backing out. PM me for details

lol sorry talking about reading!

its all about rage against the machine, probably the last time that we will see them live

Banned

OneGuysLife;1810705

Yeah, Reading were being forced to take more pop like bands due to … Yeah, Reading were being forced to take more pop like bands due to Carling running the sponsorship on it. Now they've dropped Carling they are back to their old roots :thumbsup:

Does that mean you can get cheap beer now? with increased competition and are you still banned from taking in your own water ?

Why the hell is Dizzee Rascal playing? Practically every other band is a rock band.

Original Poster

lumoruk;1815569

Does that mean you can get cheap beer now? with increased competition and … Does that mean you can get cheap beer now? with increased competition and are you still banned from taking in your own water ?

Apparently it will be the same price roughly with the 10p cup recycle scheme again, but more choice such as becks, fosters, magners etc :thumbsup:

Original Poster

TWIGGY4LIFE 666;1816296

Why the hell is Dizzee Rascal playing? Practically every other band is a … Why the hell is Dizzee Rascal playing? Practically every other band is a rock band.

He played last year from what I recall. There are always the few odd ones in the mix...

I would prob go for RAGE, alot of the other bands.. although are good have been at reading within the last few years and ive seen them then.

I'm really worried that my fave band the Manics are on at the same time as my second fave band the Killers!!! I will actually cry if they clash.

Banned

sorry forgot to post my memories of leeds festival 2004

http://www.lumor.co.uk/Toilets umm.jpg

And the queue on the Thursday, I arrived on the Wednesday night and slept in a layby
    http://www.lumor.co.uk/Queue on thursday.jpg

Banned

dcx_badass;1819570

WAs no que at 11:30 thursday morning at leeds fest 07, walked straight in.

Did they not search every single person and their bags? :x

This was the year I saw a kid locked in a cage in the back of van with barely enough room to stand up, was like some sort of police state. Mind was also the year after the riots, thats why I went Reading was just boring when I went. Best thing was the gas canisters going off all over the site.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions