Groups

Reading Weekend Tickets

Anybody know if another batch of weekend tickets are going to be released?

Relied on a friend who let me down and need one desperately but can't see myself spending an extra £55 (11 hours work) buying from one of these re-salers.

5 Comments

usually a second batch released when the final final lineup is announced, albeit a much smaller allocation of final tickets due to returns of 2010 tickets and refunds from 2009 upfront buyers.

Have you ever though about working a festival? I worked Reading in 2008 and 2009, and will be again this year. I work on behalf of a charity for the Workers Beer Company on the bar for 6 hours a day. The charity recieves what would have been my wages and i in return get free access to the Festival, secure camping with the other staff with hot showers, free breakfast and dinner and 2 free drinks after every shift i do. Last year I worked on the Dreamtime Bar opposite the main stage so I didnt miss anything.

Original Poster

Richard S;8627440

usually a second batch released when the final final lineup is announced, … usually a second batch released when the final final lineup is announced, albeit a much smaller allocation of final tickets due to returns of 2010 tickets and refunds from 2009 upfront buyers.Have you ever though about working a festival? I worked Reading in 2008 and 2009, and will be again this year. I work on behalf of a charity for the Workers Beer Company on the bar for 6 hours a day. The charity recieves what would have been my wages and i in return get free access to the Festival, secure camping with the other staff with hot showers, free breakfast and dinner and 2 free drinks after every shift i do. Last year I worked on the Dreamtime Bar opposite the main stage so I didnt miss anything.

A large group of friends are going this year so I fancy spending it with them and just having a laugh. It does sound like you get a good deal for your labour though work wise, will definitely consider it another time. Can imagine it being a completely different experience working at a concert, bet you make a whole load of new friends and showers at a festival! You have to be kidding. The griminess is part of the experience :).

AMetalSlug;8627488

A large group of friends are going this year so I fancy spending it with … A large group of friends are going this year so I fancy spending it with them and just having a laugh. It does sound like you get a good deal for your labour though work wise, will definitely consider it another time. Can imagine it being a completely different experience working at a concert, bet you make a whole load of new friends and showers at a festival! You have to be kidding. The griminess is part of the experience :).

the showers are optional, and having a half way to decent loo on Sunday night is bliss.

its a very different experience, but you do make alot more friends and you save yourself well over £200.

Original Poster

Richard S;8627647

the showers are optional, and having a half way to decent loo on Sunday … the showers are optional, and having a half way to decent loo on Sunday night is bliss.its a very different experience, but you do make alot more friends and you save yourself well over £200.

Stadium toilets the first thing in the morning ;-), I might try and find a job as a toilet cleaner.

£200 is a lot of money your right, any key to finding the good jobs? Guess a lot of them will be taken by now.

AMetalSlug;8627684

Stadium toilets the first thing in the morning ;-), I might try and find … Stadium toilets the first thing in the morning ;-), I might try and find a job as a toilet cleaner.£200 is a lot of money your right, any key to finding the good jobs? Guess a lot of them will be taken by now.

check out this link buddy, does no harm to register. If you can get afew mates to register all for the same group (i think it has to be a trade union group or local labour government campaining group) then you have as good a chance as any. You may need to seek the permission of the group you wish to work on behalf of and get a contact name, number and address for that union/group.

workersbeer.co.uk/vol…spx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions