Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Ready Player One now FREE to watch on Amazon Prime... (PRIME Members ONLY)

Posted 2nd May
amazon.co.uk/Kev…LXQ

Hi I know this will most likely get send to discussions but I just thought I would share, this film is now available for PRIME members to watch without any rental cost.

I only noticed this on the homepage today, so not sure if this is old news or new news, but most likely its only available to watch for FREE for a limited-time only.

So enjoy it whilst you can.

Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
It's a pretty good film, but the book is far, far better IMHO (as is usual with most film conversions).
Lol at how hot this is already. Yes it’s an amazing film but IMDb is the place to vote on that it’s not a deal it’s about time amazon added some good filmed included with prime rather than trying to charge extra.
it's like the original charlie and the chocolate factory film but in the future without chocolate.

it's an underrated film, I personally loved it! it's very Meta
Edited by: "Soulus1985" 2nd May
It's not "FREE" to watch though, is it? As a Prime Member, you have to pay a monthly or yearly Fee, so it's NOT Free!!
180 Comments
Any good?
Is it streaming in 4k was meaning to watch it again.
zanderol2402/05/2020 22:53

Any good?

Meant to be, I have been waiting to see this for ages, but have not yet seen it, it was always either rental or buy until now.
it's like the original charlie and the chocolate factory film but in the future without chocolate.

it's an underrated film, I personally loved it! it's very Meta
Edited by: "Soulus1985" 2nd May
Wow. I was actually thinking out of nowhere about ten min ago that I've not seen this yet and might watch it tomorrow.... Deffo will now, must be a sign!
sambradley2002/05/2020 22:53

Is it streaming in 4k was meaning to watch it again.

No. Just 1080p HD.
The placeholder for the actual film itself looks terrible on a TV. Even the Prime banner is stretched.
40619508-LUDQf.jpg
Edited by: "Hadouken!" 2nd May
lettherebedeals02/05/2020 22:54

Meant to be, I have been waiting to see this for ages, but have not yet …Meant to be, I have been waiting to see this for ages, but have not yet seen it, it was always either rental or buy until now.

I was surprised by how good it was, a really enjoyable watch with really decent effects...plus its FREE...get a few tins and sit and enjoy! HEATY!!!
Yeah. It's a great film.

Watched it a few times, good to stick on in the background as well.
Highly recommended. I feel like this is such an underrated film as a lot of people I know have missed this when it was out
It's a pretty good film, but the book is far, far better IMHO (as is usual with most film conversions).
A friend of mine was an extra in it but took me ages to watch as I'm not usually into films like that, I really enjoyed it and will watch it again.

Might aswell try it for free, can always turn it off if it's not your thing.
Decent film, noticed on Amazon, cheers heat
Lol at how hot this is already. Yes it’s an amazing film but IMDb is the place to vote on that it’s not a deal it’s about time amazon added some good filmed included with prime rather than trying to charge extra.
The book is great, been meddling to watch it
I enjoyed the film, but If you haven’t already - read the book, so much better.
Hadouken!02/05/2020 22:57

No. Just 1080p HD.The placeholder for the actual film itself looks …No. Just 1080p HD.The placeholder for the actual film itself looks terrible on a TV. Even the Prime banner is stretched.[Image]

I'll give it a miss then ... Great movie but really deserve to be watching in 4k
sambradley2002/05/2020 23:18

I'll give it a miss then ... Great movie but really deserve to be watching …I'll give it a miss then ... Great movie but really deserve to be watching in 4k

If your tv upscales it'll be fine. I've watched on 1080p and 4k and unless you have a screen above 75in and sitting 6feet away you'll hardly notice any difference. Looks great on a projector.
MiloW02/05/2020 23:07

It's a pretty good film, but the book is far, far better IMHO (as is usual …It's a pretty good film, but the book is far, far better IMHO (as is usual with most film conversions).

I liked that book as well. And usually if book is good I tend to avoid disappointment that movie could bring. I might use this film to test this theory again and if disappointment is far greater than my enjoyment of the book was I might stop watching book adaptations altogether for my own good...
blueyellowred02/05/2020 23:24

I liked that book as well. And usually if book is good I tend to avoid …I liked that book as well. And usually if book is good I tend to avoid disappointment that movie could bring. I might use this film to test this theory again and if disappointment is far greater than my enjoyment of the book was I might stop watching book adaptations altogether for my own good...

Personally I think it's worth watching.
It still does do most of it justice.
zanderol2402/05/2020 22:53

Any good?

I really enjoyed it, it's not perfect and you will either dig or hate its never ending stream of 80s and gaming references
Loved the book & enjoyed the film. They are quite different to be fair & there are actually some bits better in the film.
Crap film
Do yourself a favour & just read the book. The book was amazing I couldn't put it down unfortunately I couldn't make it to the end of the movie ...
This is the only film I’ve ever fallen asleep to at the cinema but it was a great film overall, might rewatch it tomorrow to catch the part I missed
TH85C02/05/2020 23:14

Lol at how hot this is already. Yes it’s an amazing film but IMDb is the p …Lol at how hot this is already. Yes it’s an amazing film but IMDb is the place to vote on that it’s not a deal it’s about time amazon added some good filmed included with prime rather than trying to charge extra.

Reminds me of this thread: hotukdeals.com/dea…568
MiloW02/05/2020 23:07

It's a pretty good film, but the book is far, far better IMHO (as is usual …It's a pretty good film, but the book is far, far better IMHO (as is usual with most film conversions).

Couldn’t agree more, in fact I’d go as far as to say if you’ve read the book, you’ll likely be quite disappointed by the film.
I really really enjoyed. Made me smile a lot. I only watched it in 3D. (41 year old guy who grew up with gaming have no idea about the book)
Amazing film. Really enjoyed it and all the nostalgia it gave me
I thought this was an amazing film seen it 3 times at the cinema when it came out. Everything about it was great, soundtrack, all the easter egg characters, story and CGi
Pretty meh film but if you got Prime you might as well watch it, maybe you will like it more than I did.
Prime adds films every single day. This was added on Friday 1st May, they also added the same day
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Goodfellas
Limitless
Peppa Pig Festival of Fun
And bunch of other lesser known stuff

Last week they also added John Wick 1&3 (not 2 but that went off there recently so will probably be back) Jurassic Park Trilogy, Analyse This, Suicide Squad, The Lomax, Get Smart, The Mask, Police Academy, Inception and a ton more movies

Oh and they added Devils Advocate on Saturday.

There's so much on prime, just the menu system is a bit of a mess a lot gets lost on there.
Edited by: "luckysalt1ec8f1" 3rd May
luckysalt1ec8f103/05/2020 01:06

Prime adds films every single day. This was added on Friday 1st May, they …Prime adds films every single day. This was added on Friday 1st May, they also added the same dayLord of the Rings TrilogyGoodfellasLimitlessPeppa Pig Festival of FunAnd bunch of other lesser known stuffLast week they also added John Wick 1&3 (not 2 but that went off there recently so will probably be back) Jurassic Park Trilogy, Analyse This, Suicide Squad, The Lomax, Get Smart, The Mask, Police Academy, Inception and a ton more moviesOh and they added Devils Advocate on Saturday.There's so much on prime, just the menu system is a bit of a mess a lot gets lost on there.

John Wick 3 isn't free on Amazon prime.
the1stcoke03/05/2020 00:17

I really really enjoyed. Made me smile a lot. I only watched it in 3D. (41 …I really really enjoyed. Made me smile a lot. I only watched it in 3D. (41 year old guy who grew up with gaming have no idea about the book)

Watched it in 4DX and loved it!
My boss built this up loads for me, so was never going live up to expectations, but a really good 8/10 film IMO!
goldenboot03/05/2020 01:49

John Wick 3 isn't free on Amazon prime.

You're right, sorry, it was listed on justwatch as added to prime, but I just followed the link through and it leads to a different film
40620410-E2O6E.jpg
I am gonna post a deal every time when I see 'free' movie on prime.
and Netflix
and Disney+
and TV
and...
R..Daneel.Olivav03/05/2020 01:55

I am gonna post a deal every time when I see 'free' movie on prime.and …I am gonna post a deal every time when I see 'free' movie on prime.and Netflixand Disney+and TVand...

Stop been a stick in the mud & lighten up, people only share such information from time-time to let people know that its available, it may not be a deal as such, but its obvious a lot of people have found this useful and people are enjoying chatting about it so why bother posting comments like this... its like when people start to invade threads with words such as: "Its Amazon Prime, its Not FREE so why say it is" look if its not for you don't watch it...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions