Ready Steady Cook

Expert (Beta)16
Posted 20th Mar
3425045-gK4HZ.jpg
I saw the above on social media and it turns out there is website which can help you with ideasof what to cook with the random ingredients left in your fridge or available on the supermarket shelves at the moment

myfridgefood.com/
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

16 Comments
I’ve always just googled my ingredients, done it for years, it’s how I discovered a few favourites.
airfix20/03/2020 08:13

I’ve always just googled my ingredients, done it for years, it’s how I dis …I’ve always just googled my ingredients, done it for years, it’s how I discovered a few favourites.

never thought to do that.

Thanks

I think many of us may be discovering new meals over the coming weeks.
myusernamehasgone23420/03/2020 08:19

never thought to do that. Thanks I think many of us may be … never thought to do that. Thanks I think many of us may be discovering new meals over the coming weeks.

If people didn’t stock pile we wouldn’t have this problem. I went to 11 different shops yesterday to do my monthly shop and still couldn’t get much
myusernamehasgone23420/03/2020 08:19

never thought to do that. Thanks I think many of us may be … never thought to do that. Thanks I think many of us may be discovering new meals over the coming weeks.

40144141-vBQzL.jpg
Arto20/03/2020 08:29

If people didn’t stock pile we wouldn’t have this problem. I went to 11 dif …If people didn’t stock pile we wouldn’t have this problem. I went to 11 different shops yesterday to do my monthly shop and still couldn’t get much

Sadly people aren’t listening the shelves are bare in many supermarkets, it could be avoided if people just bought what they need.

“Nurse in tears at empty supermarket shelves after finishing 48-hour shift”

google.co.uk/amp…amp
myusernamehasgone23420/03/2020 08:34

Sadly people aren’t listening the shelves are bare in many supermarkets, i …Sadly people aren’t listening the shelves are bare in many supermarkets, it could be avoided if people just bought what they need. “Nurse in tears at empty supermarket shelves after finishing 48-hour shift”https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-nurses-tearful-plea-stop-21722869.amp

The image you see above is supposed to last a month
Arto20/03/2020 08:35

The image you see above is supposed to last a month

It’s crazy now people are going to have to make more trips to the supermarket to get food and increase the risk of spreading the infection further.

Hopefully some of the hoarders will stay away now and stock maybe replenished.
myusernamehasgone23420/03/2020 08:41

It’s crazy now people are going to have to make more trips to the s …It’s crazy now people are going to have to make more trips to the supermarket to get food and increase the risk of spreading the infection further. Hopefully some of the hoarders will stay away now and stock maybe replenished.

I can’t get to the shops without a lift as it’s not on a bus route, it’s my mother who takes me and she is a Pensioner with underlying conditions so I they get told to self isolate for the next 12 weeks I’m going to starve as all delivery slots are fully booked for the next 2 months
Arto20/03/2020 08:45

I can’t get to the shops without a lift as it’s not on a bus route, it’s my …I can’t get to the shops without a lift as it’s not on a bus route, it’s my mother who takes me and she is a Pensioner with underlying conditions so I they get told to self isolate for the next 12 weeks I’m going to starve as all delivery slots are fully booked for the next 2 months

Walk, taxi, bicycle or ask a friend or neighbour?

Where there is a will there is a way
Westwoodo20/03/2020 08:47

Walk, taxi, bicycle or ask a friend or neighbour?Where there is a will …Walk, taxi, bicycle or ask a friend or neighbour?Where there is a will there is a way

The only person I know who drives is my mother and I can’t afford £20 each way in a taxi, that would leave me with no money for food so it defeats the object
Arto20/03/2020 08:29

If people didn’t stock pile we wouldn’t have this problem. I went to 11 dif …If people didn’t stock pile we wouldn’t have this problem. I went to 11 different shops yesterday to do my monthly shop and still couldn’t get much

Isn’t a monthly shop stock piling?

Lots of comments saying “people” are stock piling. Me and my partner generally shop for the current days food only. Recently, due to shortages we have perhaps 4 days of food. Therefore, Ive increased my shopping by a multiple of 4.

I don’t consider myself stock piling to excess, however I am responsible for the empty shops due to changing my routine. I don’t think it’s the few buying 100 toilet rolls, it’s the majority like me, buying a little more.
Edited by: "daniellndn" 20th Mar
Arto20/03/2020 08:48

The only person I know who drives is my mother and I can’t afford £20 each …The only person I know who drives is my mother and I can’t afford £20 each way in a taxi, that would leave me with no money for food so it defeats the object

So that's 2 of the 5 I suggested.

Everyone knew it was coming.
airfix20/03/2020 08:13

I’ve always just googled my ingredients, done it for years, it’s how I dis …I’ve always just googled my ingredients, done it for years, it’s how I discovered a few favourites.

Looks like Arto will be having super noodles, shower gel sauce and grated cheese. Yummy.
daniellndn20/03/2020 09:02

Isn’t a monthly shop stock piling? Lots of comments saying “people” are sto …Isn’t a monthly shop stock piling? Lots of comments saying “people” are stock piling. Me and my partner generally shop for the current days food only. Recently, due to shortages we have perhaps 4 days of food. Therefore, Ive increased my shopping by a multiple of 4. I don’t consider myself stock piling to excess, however I am responsible for the empty shops due to changing my routine. I don’t think it’s the few buying 100 toilet rolls, it’s the majority like me, buying a little more.

I normally do one shop a month as it’s how often I can get there
Arto20/03/2020 09:29

I normally do one shop a month as it’s how often I can get there

No. I understand, It is hard for everyone. I hope you get what you need.
What delights did everyone whip up for tea
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants