Groups

Real Christmas tree - Edinburgh, help needed

The other half fancies getting a real chistmas tree this year.

We have always had artificial trees so no idea what kind to get. Ideally around 6 foot, doesn't lose needles too quickly and obviously as cheap as possible.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the type of tree we need and the best place to buy and avoid.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

13 Comments

Funny you should ask that as there's usually a big place down by us that sells real trees every December but this year is the first time they haven't been there. Don't know if its because of the weather but its all empty.

There's a link here which may help you find one:-

list.co.uk/art…gh/

Good luck - I'm sticking with my "faux" christmas tree lol.

Banned

They were being sold outside morrisons on sunday in Manchester.

Try local garden centres.

If you have a Focus DIY close by they have some for half price - hotukdeals.com/dea…160

Original Poster

kaks26

Funny you should ask that as there's usually a big place down by us that … Funny you should ask that as there's usually a big place down by us that sells real trees every December but this year is the first time they haven't been there. Don't know if its because of the weather but its all empty. There's a link here which may help you find one:-http://www.list.co.uk/article/30948-the-best-places-to-buy-christmas-trees-in-glasgow-and-edinburgh/Good luck - I'm sticking with my "faux" christmas tree lol.

Nice one cheers

Original Poster

livingthelife07

If you have a Focus DIY close by they have some for half price - … If you have a Focus DIY close by they have some for half price - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nordman-fir-real-xmas-tree-up-to-2-/814160#comments

This finished on Monday

What about Dobbies Garden Centre in Edinburgh (Airport Side) - they are good.

link dobbies.com/Fre…S/C

Original Poster

fem martian

What about Dobbies Garden Centre in Edinburgh (Airport Side) - they are … What about Dobbies Garden Centre in Edinburgh (Airport Side) - they are good.linkhttp://www.dobbies.com/Fresh+Christmas+Trees/S/C

Cheers for this.

where are you roughly? there's a place on seafield road that sells them.

zurich

where are you roughly? there's a place on seafield road that sells them.

Lol is that still there? The one with the guy dressed outside as santa who waves to the beeping cars?

kaks26

Lol is that still there? The one with the guy dressed outside as santa … Lol is that still there? The one with the guy dressed outside as santa who waves to the beeping cars?

that's the one.

Theres a place at the bottom of rodney street on the corner next to tesco at powderhall.

Original Poster

Cheers guys, it's really recommendations through experience and places to avoid I am after.
    In the link from kaks26 Glentress gets great reviews but it's a heck of hike.

There's 2 or 3 places around me (south Edin) but don't want to pay over the odds for something that dies before xmas eve.

repped you all, cheers. Especially the Jam tart.

It was Juniper Green I was talking about that was down from me but no longer there. How about Riccarton Garden Centre? Is that too far for you?

Good one from Big Willy (loving the avi by the way) - the one on the corner up from Tesco, Broughton Street is usually busy which may be a good sign.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions