Found 3rd Dec 2009
think i'm gonna get a real tree this year as my fake one last year was left standing on one leg and leaning against the wall!

does anyone know when they start selling them and how much do they normally cost?
thanks

21 Comments

They have loads at my local garden centre, for sale now, either live ones in pots or cut ones, prices varied from £3 to £120.

Original Poster

DKLS;7094019

They have loads at my local garden centre, for sale now, either live ones … They have loads at my local garden centre, for sale now, either live ones in pots or cut ones, prices varied from £3 to £120.

thanks. i hant seen any about yet so presumed they must wait till closer till xmas? will have a look in my local garden centre this weekend :thumbsup:

Seen ad on tv for B&Q other day,guess Homebase will be selling them by now.
Some people will wait till well later on as they don't mind putting tree up too late in Dec and they are a lot cheaper as the shops sell them off.

Banned

we go to a place up the road from us thats lets you choose and cut your own down
theres all different types and sizes and the max price is 25 quid no matter what size which is a lot cheaper than garden centers
best of all the kids will love it and it gives you something to do on a saturday :thumbsup:

Yeah you can buy them now i get mine from a local tree farm for £30-£35 also have been told by a freind homebase have some nice tree at good prices.

I buy mine about a week before christmas, when you get it home, stand it in the garden and give it a realllllllllllly good drink of water, helps to keep it topped up from time to time also if it feels dry you can "mist" it with spray now and then... remove the lights and deccies first!!

Remember you're basically buying a plant xxx

Original Poster

rm13_hammer;7094099

we go to a place up the road from us thats lets you choose and cut your … we go to a place up the road from us thats lets you choose and cut your own downtheres all different types and sizes and the max price is 25 quid no matter what size which is a lot cheaper than garden centersbest of all the kids will love it and it gives you something to do on a saturday :thumbsup:

aw that sounds fab. wish there was somewhere like that near me :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7094217

I buy mine about a week before christmas, when you get it home, stand it … I buy mine about a week before christmas, when you get it home, stand it in the garden and give it a realllllllllllly good drink of water, helps to keep it topped up from time to time also if it feels dry you can "mist" it with spray now and then... remove the lights and deccies first!!Remember you're basically buying a plant xxx

remove the lights and decs!!!!! its bad enough putting them on once lol. it will have to go thirsty :oops:

michelle2207;7094260

remove the lights and decs!!!!! its bad enough putting them on once lol. … remove the lights and decs!!!!! its bad enough putting them on once lol. it will have to go thirsty :oops:

lol I'm so picky I remove the lights and decorations every couple of days so I can re-position them :oops:

if it gets too thirsty it will shed needles xxx

OP, the price of an axe :thumbsup:

transit;7094414

OP, the price of an axe :thumbsup:

My lil boy just lookd at your avvy and said to me.......

Wanna watch a DvD of Garfield?

:roll:

We normally get ours about 2 weeks before from our local forest, the cut so much down and then sperate them between types then height.

ClarityofMind;7094425

My lil boy just lookd at your avvy and said to me.......Wanna watch a DvD … My lil boy just lookd at your avvy and said to me.......Wanna watch a DvD of Garfield?:roll:

you have taught your children well :w00t::thumbsup:

ClarityofMind;7094270

lol I'm so picky I remove the lights and decorations every couple of days … lol I'm so picky I remove the lights and decorations every couple of days so I can re-position them :oops:if it gets too thirsty it will shed needles xxx

Haha I thought I was the only one who done that :oops: I've re-decorated my tree 3 times in the past week!

i heard that giving the tree a quick spray with hairspray will keep needles on longer.

Any offers for "real" fairies......???!!!.....lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7094270

lol I'm so picky I remove the lights and decorations every couple of days … lol I'm so picky I remove the lights and decorations every couple of days so I can re-position them :oops:

omg! u freak lmao:-D:p

Original Poster

livingthelife07;7094576

Haha I thought I was the only one who done that :oops: I've re-decorated … Haha I thought I was the only one who done that :oops: I've re-decorated my tree 3 times in the past week!

why o why o why????? :?

I would think about £3 per ft and you should buy a non dropping Norwegian pine :thumbsup:

michelle2207;7095347

why o why o why????? :?

Because I will sit there & look at it & think, right that does not look right there, so I will move it & then will think might as well do it all again! :w00t:

michelle2207;7095339

omg! u freak lmao:-D:p

lol! In our house "freak" is a compliment xx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 48 hour working time directive710
    2. Spotify family11
    3. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options54
    4. Full car respray33

See more discussions