Really don’t get this website sometimes?...

Found 15th Feb
Whenever you post local deals people complain...

Whenever you find a better deal, people blag about the place they’re buying it from or if another deal, which isn’t the same as before, gets posted with a similar price... downvoted!

Don’t even get me started on “this deal was posted two days ago” when it is a separate deal entirely.

Yes I am moaning about my most recent deal post!

It seems as if there is no pleasing people on this site nowadays? Anyone else with me on this or is this also gonna come bite me back on the a**?
Community Updates
Ask
30 Comments
most post that are deals get pushed down because hotukdeals can't get high commision of them, only high commision affiliate sites will be shown in your feed lol
whelan18915th Feb

most post that are deals get pushed down because hotukdeals can't get high …most post that are deals get pushed down because hotukdeals can't get high commision of them, only high commision affiliate sites will be shown in your feed lol

That simply is not true @whelan189
Creatishh15th Feb

most post that are deals get pushed down because hotukdeals can't get high …most post that are deals get pushed down because hotukdeals can't get high commision of them, only high commision affiliate sites will be shown in your feed lol

You think like that seriously?
Hi @darkfrost1 If you see anything amiss in deal comments then please report it and we'll look into. Unfortunately we don't have time to read everything but we keep a eye as much as poss. Sadly there are some people that you'll never please like in all walks of life. I have tidied your thread up

@whelan189 You'll probably not believe me but it's not the case at all, otherwise we wouldn't have instore deals on there or merchants with no affiliate ties at all. But it's nature of the beast that conspiracy theories will always rage.
Hi @darkfrost1
You've raised a few points there and I'm afraid I don't have any answer other than 'human nature'
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
That recent deal is decent and I don't see why it's cold but this sometimes happens.
PS I have no desire to bite you on your bum and better luck with your next deal.
see @darkfrost1 Sometimes we'll all arrive like busses totally at random Hi @andywedge
Syzable40 s ago

see @darkfrost1 Sometimes we'll all arrive like busses totally at random …see @darkfrost1 Sometimes we'll all arrive like busses totally at random Hi @andywedge

Love a Mod party
deleted1315437
Look at this lot ^^
Than you for the kind words, it does get annoying when you have a decent deal but it’s just gets downvoted for no reason? Digging this mod party though. I’ll probably just not post anything ever again and keep the bargains to myself lol
darkfrost12 m ago

Than you for the kind words, it does get annoying when you have a decent …Than you for the kind words, it does get annoying when you have a decent deal but it’s just gets downvoted for no reason? Digging this mod party though. I’ll probably just not post anything ever again and keep the bargains to myself lol

If you don't share the deals we'll be holding the mod party round yours next time, no-one wants to be stuck with that stigma
Syzable2 m ago

If you don't share the deals we'll be holding the mod party round yours …If you don't share the deals we'll be holding the mod party round yours next time, no-one wants to be stuck with that stigma

Typo?

@sigma

Edited by: "RossD89" 15th Feb
RossD892 m ago

Typo?@sigma

No-one is allowed to steal our @sigma Party animal extreme. Hardcore!!
darkfrost110 m ago

Than you for the kind words, it does get annoying when you have a decent …Than you for the kind words, it does get annoying when you have a decent deal but it’s just gets downvoted for no reason? Digging this mod party though. I’ll probably just not post anything ever again and keep the bargains to myself lol

Example of strange votes,
33269266.jpg2016,
33269266.jpg2017 (identical item to the other 2, just changed style)
33269266.jpgSeems to be the voting on the day that decides it. I still posted it twice, even though the 1st time went cold.
Edited by: "shadey12" 15th Feb
Calm yourself down with a coffee

33269320-7LhHg.jpg

summerof7615 m ago

Calm yourself down with a coffee [Image]

coffee doesn't calm me down, it actually hypes me up and makes me run around on a high. lol

i find a cup of tea and biscuits calm me down
OP - don't pay too much attention to the wingers on the site. Just continue posting as there are people who understands how to be grateful for someone else's efforts.
remember the main purpose of this site is to make money for the sites owners
they need the click through revenue
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 15th Feb
Sadly I couldn't find the cold button to vote this down.

But tbh, you shouldn't worry about the hot and cold side or voting.

If you enjoy contributing to the community then contribute. Don't worry if 9 people say it's crap. If one person benefits from it. Then it's worth it.

I recently posted about Front line flea treatment stuff. A few people posted they were thankful and they made that order.

That was enough for me to feel alright about the lack of temperature to my post.
Edited by: "kos1c" 15th Feb
kos1c29 m ago

Sadly I couldn't find the cold button to vote this down. But tbh, you …Sadly I couldn't find the cold button to vote this down. But tbh, you shouldn't worry about the hot and cold side or voting. If you enjoy contributing to the community then contribute. Don't worry if 9 people say it's crap. If one person benefits from it. Then it's worth it. I recently posted about Front line flea treatment stuff. A few people posted they were thankful and they made that order. That was enough for me to feel alright about the lack of temperature to my post.

Sadly, I couldn’t find the button to bite your comment cold either.

People shouldn’t get shamed for posting actual deals was my point of view. Whether local, slightly cheaper or anything else. You’re right if one person benefits from it, so why would you vote cold if it genuinely was a deal and other people can benefit from it?
darkfrost16 m ago

Sadly, I couldn’t find the button to bite your comment cold either.People s …Sadly, I couldn’t find the button to bite your comment cold either.People shouldn’t get shamed for posting actual deals was my point of view. Whether local, slightly cheaper or anything else. You’re right if one person benefits from it, so why would you vote cold if it genuinely was a deal and other people can benefit from it?

My opener was to tease. So don't pay much attention.

It's the system handed to the user. If it's there, they'll use it.

I vote cold on a few different posts. But that's usually RRP being rated as a deal "oh X is back in stock at RRP."

If a store has a discount and every item is posted as a deal. It's not, the code is the deal.

The rest, I rarely bother. I rarely post deals as a few of mine get pulled for different reasons. I just keep an eye on the site and see if I can benefit from it.
Edited by: "kos1c" 15th Feb
darkfrost115 m ago

Sadly, I couldn’t find the button to bite your comment cold either.People s …Sadly, I couldn’t find the button to bite your comment cold either.People shouldn’t get shamed for posting actual deals was my point of view. Whether local, slightly cheaper or anything else. You’re right if one person benefits from it, so why would you vote cold if it genuinely was a deal and other people can benefit from it?

The deal was only applicable to certain people, and you are always going to get people who can't get the deal voting cold. Maybe £1.99 for a month of Now Cinema isn't that fantastic a deal when you can get months free and box+free months is so cheap anyway. I think there are lots of factors which could affect it and yes it would have been good if it had reached 100 degrees so more people could have seen it and took advantage of it, but should it really be on the front page when possibly so few people could actually take advantage of it? It's now there as a deal for people to find if they search for now TV, so in that regard it doesn't matter if it's hot or not.
The main thing is don't take a deal going cold to heart.
MIDURIX2 m ago

The deal was only applicable to certain people, and you are always going …The deal was only applicable to certain people, and you are always going to get people who can't get the deal voting cold. Maybe £1.99 for a month of Now Cinema isn't that fantastic a deal when you can get months free and box+free months is so cheap anyway. I think there are lots of factors which could affect it and yes it would have been good if it had reached 100 degrees so more people could have seen it and took advantage of it, but should it really be on the front page when possibly so few people could actually take advantage of it? It's now there as a deal for people to find if they search for now TV, so in that regard it doesn't matter if it's hot or not.The main thing is don't take a deal going cold to heart.

You are right I guess, they’ll probably skip because it was voted cold but if they see and think it better for them hopefully that’ll do
mattmerch1 h, 9 m ago

remember the main purpose of this site is to make money for the sites …remember the main purpose of this site is to make money for the sites ownersthey need the click through revenue

Like the other Mods have already explained (I just wanted to join the party), this simply isn't true.

If it was, then instore-only and non-affilated merchants would not be allowed.
They certainly wouldn't make up the majority of each day's deals.
I'm pretty confident that there is a level of revenue involved between the site and some affiliates, but us mere mortal Mods neither see this or are given any kind of target/information around this.

Our main driver is to ensure that posted deals are valid, true and don't pose any risks to our users (for example, dodgy eBay sellers).

Nobody will ever stop the conspiracy theorists believing what they want to believe, but I think the vast, vast majority of our 1.6m users recognises that HUKD does what it says on the tin.

Great deals, shared by the community, for the community.
HutchAW28 m ago

Like the other Mods have already explained (I just wanted to join the …Like the other Mods have already explained (I just wanted to join the party), this simply isn't true.If it was, then instore-only and non-affilated merchants would not be allowed.They certainly wouldn't make up the majority of each day's deals.I'm pretty confident that there is a level of revenue involved between the site and some affiliates, but us mere mortal Mods neither see this or are given any kind of target/information around this.Our main driver is to ensure that posted deals are valid, true and don't pose any risks to our users (for example, dodgy eBay sellers).Nobody will ever stop the conspiracy theorists believing what they want to believe, but I think the vast, vast majority of our 1.6m users recognises that HUKD does what it says on the tin.Great deals, shared by the community, for the community.

Except for all the deals the "hunters" go and gather direct from the affiliate postings of those products which have extra comission this day/week. Or if you ever wonder where some of those coupons come from for certain sites.

Apart from that I love the site but we really need to get rid of these "non-deals" and add warnings about buying from overseas buyers, not to mention yet again that people are very keen to jump on some firms about not paying taxs yet ask which methods of shipping is best to avoid import duties, along with the site posting deals not showing any duties or disclaimers about them, even though they require people to post including P&P costs or adding the Prime/Non-Prime costs, but neglect to say a word about import duties anywhere.

gearbestassociate.com/
This is only an example, those in the program also get more "offers" to help boost the income by promoting "deals" of products.

Though off course the "mere mortals" (don't mean any offense in that!), mods are here to help the community and like said above I'm sure receive nothing but grief rather than thanks and certainly no money. Used to moderate for a few sites myself and it's only for the love of doing it.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 15th Feb
this question was posted two days ago
HutchAW2 h, 43 m ago

Like the other Mods have already explained (I just wanted to join the …Like the other Mods have already explained (I just wanted to join the party), this simply isn't true.If it was, then instore-only and non-affilated merchants would not be allowed.They certainly wouldn't make up the majority of each day's deals.I'm pretty confident that there is a level of revenue involved between the site and some affiliates, but us mere mortal Mods neither see this or are given any kind of target/information around this.Our main driver is to ensure that posted deals are valid, true and don't pose any risks to our users (for example, dodgy eBay sellers).Nobody will ever stop the conspiracy theorists believing what they want to believe, but I think the vast, vast majority of our 1.6m users recognises that HUKD does what it says on the tin.Great deals, shared by the community, for the community.

What they said has to be true the main purpose of the site us to make Pepper money or none if us would be here.

Will add to the conspiracy though we have moved in the last year to “advert” led deals dressed up as deals by employees of the site whether it’s unique plusnet deals you can’t get elsewhere, sites most of us have never heard of 40 odd posts from the site and one or two from members or the “leaked” deals we see get posted. Other sites need to clearly mark sponsored adverts and I suspect eventually Pepper will be forced into this as well.
HutchAW3 h, 1 m ago

The purpose of this site is definitely to make the owners some profit.
To deny something so fundamental is just fooling yourself.
Yeah there are other secondary reasons for the existence of this site but they are all less significant than the profit driven primary.
33271227-khek5.jpg
I'm no saint, making accusation of conspiracy theory when I would do the exact same thing I'm sure originally it was a love idea of a fellow user who loved sharing deals but I think majority of people would manipulate your position for the affiliate money because it's just so easy, nobody will be investigating and if they ever did it's so easy to cover your tracks. I honestly think hotukdeals need to implement for rewards for users spending there time posting deals because another site will popup who share out there earnings and it will die quicker then it can adapt
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants