Groups

Really need some help - ipad 2

If i can get a friend in the usa to buy me an ipad and ship it over will it still work here in the uk? Also how long would you estimate it would take?

12 Comments

dont bother

just wait until it comes out here?

Yes it will work here, You won't have any problems what so ever. But watch out for customs, make sure they mark the parcel as a gift.

Also, get them to ship it USPS priority international with tracking and insurance, it's usually the cheapest way.

Good luck!

It's going to take a week to 10 days to ship, but yes it'll work if it's wifi only. If it has a sim card, it'll probably need unlocking.

dcx_badass

Not going to work, after how much it happened with the first iPad, Apple … Not going to work, after how much it happened with the first iPad, Apple got a regional lock on it using the GPS/A-GPS (wifi location service), and if used for more than 4 weeks at a time from the original country (to account for holidays etc.). It will lock and say:"Out of Service Zone, please contact the retailer who supplied this Device".

so does that mean a genuine holiday maker (or vacationer) can't buy one abroad?

If that's true it is another example of why apple like to shaft their customers.

Banned

dcx_badass

Not going to work, after how much it happened with the first iPad, Apple … Not going to work, after how much it happened with the first iPad, Apple got a regional lock on it using the GPS/A-GPS (wifi location service), and if used for more than 4 weeks at a time from the original country (to account for holidays etc.). It will lock and say:"Out of Service Zone, please contact the retailer who supplied this Device".

Where on earth did you get this from???

dcx_badass

THis is BS ! I have got iPad US version before and no problems whatsoever. Working perfectly in the UK, even the warranty valids in UK
    Edited by: "heovang" 6th Mar 2011

dcx_badass

Did you read what I said, this is been implemented in the iPad 2 due to … Did you read what I said, this is been implemented in the iPad 2 due to people doing it with the first one.

Ok..apologise, where do you get this info from ? As I have one coming to me next Sunday as well. Better to be safe

master_chief

Where on earth did you get this from???

+1 link please or have you dreamt it?

dcx_badass

cobblers

macrumors again.

Banned

dcx_badass

They all came like a moth to a flame. I was taking the **** out of the OP:

AKA trolling...

Really surprised to see you trolling in an Apple thread.
    Edited by: "master_chief" 6th Mar 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions