Really sad news about nurse passing away from coronvirus

Posted 3rd Apr
mum of three tragically becomes a victim of this horrid disease. A real hero.
theguardian.com/wor…all
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Some people need to show some respect and decorum BEFORE commenting. I think those in this thread already know to whom I am referring to. Disgraceful behaviour.

Deepest condolences to the family and friends of the Nurse who has sadly succumbed to this dreadful illness and no less to ANYONE with loved ones in this dark time we are facing.

Stay safe, everyone.
Really sad news. My thoughts are with her and her family.
deleted622739
Just Devastating! Should NOT be happening, they NEED proper protection. Her poor family 😥
she saved lives of others also! A hero indeed!
Edited by: "missy2507" 3rd Apr
23 Comments
Really sad news. My thoughts are with her and her family.
she saved lives of others also! A hero indeed!
Edited by: "missy2507" 3rd Apr
deleted622739
Just Devastating! Should NOT be happening, they NEED proper protection. Her poor family 😥
nrackham7603/04/2020 12:54

Comment deleted

Not a very charitably comment
Very sad news - Most are taking this seriously . This is real it isn't a game so we can all have some time off work. OH works at the local Hospital and she says most of the patients they have now have Corona virus. She and millions of others are putting their own live at risk for the benefit of the many , let's give them all the support we can . Less of the juvenile comments Norseg
Edited by: "yorkie12" 3rd Apr
Any person of any creed, who died after helping others deserve praise and heart-felt support.
Some people need to show some respect and decorum BEFORE commenting. I think those in this thread already know to whom I am referring to. Disgraceful behaviour.

Deepest condolences to the family and friends of the Nurse who has sadly succumbed to this dreadful illness and no less to ANYONE with loved ones in this dark time we are facing.

Stay safe, everyone.
deleted622739
Phsycronix03/04/2020 13:09

Some people need to show some respect and decorum BEFORE commenting. I …Some people need to show some respect and decorum BEFORE commenting. I think those in this thread already know to whom I am referring to. Disgraceful behaviour.Deepest condolences to the family and friends of the Nurse who has sadly succumbed to this dreadful illness and no less to ANYONE with loved ones in this dark time we are facing.Stay safe, everyone.

Thanx Phsycronix You stay safe too 🤞
My partner is a ICU nurse and this is my biggest fear right now. She banned me from seeing her until it's all overdue to my asthma and I feel helpless sitting her whilst she is in danger everyday and also worry about her mental and physical health due to the long hours and everything happening in the hospital.
deleted622739
Jonathan_Dance6Hn03/04/2020 13:13

My partner is a ICU nurse and this is my biggest fear right now. She …My partner is a ICU nurse and this is my biggest fear right now. She banned me from seeing her until it's all overdue to my asthma and I feel helpless sitting her whilst she is in danger everyday and also worry about her mental and physical health due to the long hours and everything happening in the hospital.

You have my heartfelt sympathy, I can only imagine how hard this must be for you. She sounds a like Wonderful human being and I for one Thank her for her selfless kindness. Will keep you both in my thoughts and wish you All The Best. Hugs x
Jonathan_Dance6Hn03/04/2020 13:13

My partner is a ICU nurse and this is my biggest fear right now. She …My partner is a ICU nurse and this is my biggest fear right now. She banned me from seeing her until it's all overdue to my asthma and I feel helpless sitting her whilst she is in danger everyday and also worry about her mental and physical health due to the long hours and everything happening in the hospital.

All you can really do is keep in contact with her when you can, and let her know how much everyone appreciates her efforts (and sacrifice if that's not too strong a word) to keep her spirits up. I'm certain she feels better knowing you are 'relatively' safer apart at the moment as she would certainly feel guilty if she were to pass anything to you.

Hoping you both stay safe & well.

Kind regards, Phsy.
This is so sad, her poor kids and family. Can’t imagine what they’re going through. She literally gave her life saving everyone else’s. Another true hero lost to this horrendous pandemic.
Part 2 of my comment for heroes and heroines.

40277595-dtDmI.jpg

I don't know if there is a list of obituary for nurses, here is a short list for doctors:-

40277595-A6545.jpg

From left: Adil El Tayar, Alfa Sa'adu, Habib Zaidi and Amged el-Hawrani were the first named doctors to die while fighting on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic in the UK [Images courtesy of doctors' families]

Source : dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
We owe all health workers our deepest respect and thanks
Tragic news and disgusting really that anyone who is saving people from this should die due to lack of protection.

The number of deaths in general is worrying(worse than Italy at the same stage) but more concerning is we are losing the people who are saving people from this.
Awful news, sadly there will be many more. Just like those soldiers that fell on D Day, they're all heroes and our front line NHS workers are no less our modern day heroes. Sadly she made the ultimate sacrifice, I hope that when all this is over we can all look back and reflect on the sacrifices these people have made. May her friends and family know that an whole nation is grieving with them. We're all in this together. May she R.I.P along with our other heroes.
It is tragic news but don’t blame the hospital as she wasn’t on duty at the time she was on annual leave so she got the virus elsewhere and not due to lack of equipment or clothing it’s the virus it’s everywhere non the less she was a key worker and it’s tragic that this virus is taking so many peoples lives
twinkle.eyes03/04/2020 14:04

It is tragic news but don’t blame the hospital as she wasn’t on duty at the …It is tragic news but don’t blame the hospital as she wasn’t on duty at the time she was on annual leave so she got the virus elsewhere and not due to lack of equipment or clothing it’s the virus it’s everywhere non the less she was a key worker and it’s tragic that this virus is taking so many peoples lives

You said, "don’t blame the hospital as she wasn’t on duty at the time she was on annual leave so she got the virus elsewhere"

Without blaming or assigning blame and aside from the PPE issue which may or may not apply, do you have a timeline of when she was on leave and how virus incubation period may apply to this timeline please? I am exploring how you are informed she got the virus elsewhere.

(What we do know is, we need to avoid gathering anywhere, including a hospital as visitors because of the two-way, multi-way higher risks. )
I have very close friends who are doctors as are their spouses. 14-16 hour day, 7 days a week, has become normal for them. They tell me that people not taking the lockdown seriously are the ones putting the biggest strain on the system as they end spreading the virus far & wide.
6 out of the 7 doctors/nurses that have died in the UK were immigrants or ethnic minorities.

The very same people that were told last month that they were low skilled by Priti Patel!

Yet they're dying for us
Gollywood03/04/2020 16:46

6 out of the 7 doctors/nurses that have died in the UK were immigrants or …6 out of the 7 doctors/nurses that have died in the UK were immigrants or ethnic minorities.The very same people that were told last month that they were low skilled by Priti Patel!Yet they're dying for us

Are you referring to the strategy of deploying "economically inactive" people to do low skilled jobs e.g. phlebotomist, nurses, assistant support worker in the NHS, etc. low paid or some other point outside of this economic inactive strategy in February?
This really hits home, when the front line health workers trying to save people are getting the illness and succumbing to it. And a mother of three too. Poor kids.
absolutely heart breaking to have red this news earlier. sympathies to her nearest and dearest.. her poor children. doesn't bear thinking about.
Gollywood03/04/2020 16:46

6 out of the 7 doctors/nurses that have died in the UK were immigrants or …6 out of the 7 doctors/nurses that have died in the UK were immigrants or ethnic minorities.The very same people that were told last month that they were low skilled by Priti Patel!Yet they're dying for us

By reading their names they are Muslims.

Last week some disgusting awful trolls mentioned she died and news spread all over social media, when I found out she had died it really upset me as she was so young, absolutely young with 3 kids but she was alive but now sadly died.
Since last week theirs been more younger people dying

This is gonna take months to finish
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions