Really want a home cinema system but live in a semi detached house.

Found 12th Apr 2012
would this be awful for my neighbour?
Community Updates
MiscCinema
29 Comments
depends on your set up
I don't live next door to someone so inconsiderate but if you ask my neighbours I'm sure they'll complain about mine...
2sly

depends on your set up

I dont want anything massively bassy but would like a 5.1.
My neighbour is always playing the piano at all hours, sometimes I can hardly hear myself drilling...
I have a 5.1 set up and use it often. Not had any complaints off the neighbours yet.
its a tough one. just because you have a 5.1 setup does not mean its loud.
but typically you would (when watching say an action movie) have it louder than normal and the sub would/could be heard next door.

i would go for it, just be considerate to others
When i was younger I used to have a 5.1 in my bedroom and even when it was on quiet my mother used to say it was shaking the house.
I live in a semi detached and I've never had a complaint about mine, just get one, if they complain, just turn it down a bit, I got mines, not because I wanted it louder but for the surround sound and bass
coullgfx

I live in a semi detached and I've never had a complaint about mine, just … I live in a semi detached and I've never had a complaint about mine, just get one, if they complain, just turn it down a bit, I got mines, not because I wanted it louder but for the surround sound and bass

Ye thats all i want it for but its usually the bass that goes through into other rooms.
sancho1983

My neighbour is always playing the piano at all hours, sometimes I can … My neighbour is always playing the piano at all hours, sometimes I can hardly hear myself drilling...

My neighbour also plays the piano which really annoys me when I'm watching stuff with HD audio.
If your that worried about the neighbours just use headphones then you can have it as loud until your ears bleed if you want.
As long as you dont use it at unsocialable times i.e 3am , then there shouldnt be a problem
Surround sound doesn't have to be any louder than stereo sound.
thesaint

Surround sound doesn't have to be any louder than stereo sound.

You don't have DD5.1 or above do you sanity boy?
My Neighbour on one side is constantly drilling and the one on the other side has is tv on mega loud goo quality though, so I just play my piano at all hours to try to annoy them
HUKDeLITE

My Neighbour on one side is constantly drilling and the one on the other … My Neighbour on one side is constantly drilling and the one on the other side has is tv on mega loud goo quality though, so I just play my piano at all hours to try to annoy them

Could you learn a few more songs please.
buy a detached house
HUKDeLITE

My Neighbour on one side is constantly drilling and the one on the other … My Neighbour on one side is constantly drilling and the one on the other side has is tv on mega loud goo quality though, so I just play my piano at all hours to try to annoy them

Could you learn more than chopsticks please.
master_chief

Could you learn a few more songs please.

X) I'll try. I wonder if there are members on here that are neighbours and dont know
I actually think the the 2 guys are having an affair with each other as the drilling and loud tv are taken in turns and never at the same time and only when they are each others houses
HUKDeLITE

I actually think the the 2 guys are having an affair with each other as … I actually think the the 2 guys are having an affair with each other as the drilling and loud tv are taken in turns and never at the same time and only when they are each others houses

That would be incest though.
master_chief

That would be incest though.

I know thats what worry me
i live in a detached house and would never want to live in a non-detached house now that i have lived in one.

no noise from neighbours except when you are in the garden is heaven.
hukdelite, you never fail to make me smile
shergold

hukdelite, you never fail to make me smile

i still think he is churchill's multi.
i have a home cinema system set up and i live in a terraced house. My subwoofer is next to the wall but i dont use it all the time and never at stupid hours.

Gloat

mutley1

i live in a detached house and would never want to live in a non-detached … i live in a detached house and would never want to live in a non-detached house now that i have lived in one.no noise from neighbours except when you are in the garden is heaven.

/Gloat
ZedEx

Gloat/Gloat

it's lovely to live in a detached house but i did not state this to gloat. i have lived in council flat in a tower block, an end of terrace house and now a detached house. and i have to say that once you have lived in a detached house, you never want to go back to anything else.

i appreciate detached houses are not widely available, especially in cities, but if you ever had to choose between a detached and anything else, including a penthouse, i would choose the former any time.

i have a very bed temper and so does my other half so when we have a row, pandemonium breaks loose and we end up screaming at the top of our voices so it's great to live in a detached house as the neighbours never hear and think we are chavs. X)
I used to live in a ground floor flat and the neighbours on the first floor bought a 5.1 surround complete with separate subwoofer. They used to think it was odd when I used to knock on their door saying it was making my windows shake.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants