Expired

Really,just really!

Found 26th Feb
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Segata-Sanshiro5 m ago

That man wants to sell us out to a American healthcare provider, if you …That man wants to sell us out to a American healthcare provider, if you think our NHS is crappy just you wait, America is abysmal with a third world service they pay a fortune for and the highest mortality rate for pregnant women in the civilised world

Absolute nonsense.
24 Comments
It makes my heart sink.

Just when will this madness end, its too much

...I mean I always hoped Jeremy Corbyn would get this award... whats the award again?
33334844-0U0uw.jpg
deleted1431257
Tony Blair is still a humanitarian for Save the Children
And you've read what it was for haven't you? Many of us who have suffered from the arrogance of the medics know he is right and it's a fight he was right to pick. Some of us even think arrogance by doctors is one of the biggest problems in making the NHS work efficiently.

Of course I know he has made other mistakes and I kwno that Jezza has some pretty damn good ideas on tearing up PFI contracts. But that's just me being balanced . Something you don't have to worry about with your hatred and bile for anything, no matter how good, that he has done. You can only see through the lens of criticism and mindless abuse.
That man wants to sell us out to a American healthcare provider, if you think our NHS is crappy just you wait, America is abysmal with a third world service they pay a fortune for and the highest mortality rate for pregnant women in the civilised world
Segata-Sanshiro5 m ago

That man wants to sell us out to a American healthcare provider, if you …That man wants to sell us out to a American healthcare provider, if you think our NHS is crappy just you wait, America is abysmal with a third world service they pay a fortune for and the highest mortality rate for pregnant women in the civilised world

Absolute nonsense.
Predikuesi11 m ago

Absolute nonsense.

All of it or just some of it?
CoeK8 m ago

I'll leave you to decide.
CoeK31 m ago

Which one?
hass1232 h, 12 m ago

Tony Blair is still a humanitarian for Save the Children

Wasn't his motto "SAVE ONE KILL ONE"?
Who was last years winner .. Harold Shipman??
Early April Fool joke.
davewave5 h, 37 m ago

It makes my heart sink.Just when will this madness end, its too much...I …It makes my heart sink.Just when will this madness end, its too much...I mean I always hoped Jeremy Corbyn would get this award... whats the award again?

Corbyn got the Sean MacBride Peace Prize last year.
plodging2 h, 11 m ago

Who was last years winner .. Harold Shipman??

Good point, although I believe it was 1957 when award was made to John Bodkin Adams, though I don't know the organisation before the Annual World Conference on Patient Safety.
CoeK5 h, 59 m ago

Such a Dave non answer.

So, you couldn’t decide. That’s ok chum.
ccnp14 h, 29 m ago

And you've read what it was for haven't you? Many of us who have suffered …And you've read what it was for haven't you? Many of us who have suffered from the arrogance of the medics know he is right and it's a fight he was right to pick. Some of us even think arrogance by doctors is one of the biggest problems in making the NHS work efficiently. Of course I know he has made other mistakes and I kwno that Jezza has some pretty damn good ideas on tearing up PFI contracts. But that's just me being balanced . Something you don't have to worry about with your hatred and bile for anything, no matter how good, that he has done. You can only see through the lens of criticism and mindless abuse.

The arrogance of medics? Every experience of the medical profession I've had has been with individuals committed to providing help and compassion in horrendous circumstances.

People like you who think they're balanced when they choose to be contrary and praise a man who is trying to take the NHS away from you and your family are useful to people like Hunt. You'll cheer him as he knifes you in the back in the hopes of appearing enlightened.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals7 h, 26 m ago

The arrogance of medics? Every experience of the medical profession I've …The arrogance of medics? Every experience of the medical profession I've had has been with individuals committed to providing help and compassion in horrendous circumstances.

Sorry HEWD either you've been very fortunate,or lived a sheltered life to have never experience the other side of the NHS. Yes I'm thankful and grateful for the expertise and provision when using the service, but there are many aspects of the system that is unsavoury, unacceptable and unprofessional which myself and family have faced when using the NHS. Having close family members who worked in the NHS as Nurses (4 & 46 years respectively) and as patients have experienced the laziness, negligence, incompetency, attitude, and audacity of staff. Sadly any negative comment or reaction against the NHS is usually swept under the carpet, or countered with derision.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals7 h, 26 m ago

People like you who think they're balanced when they choose to be contrary …People like you who think they're balanced when they choose to be contrary and praise a man who is trying to take the NHS away from you and your family are useful to people like Hunt. You'll cheer him as he knifes you in the back in the hopes of appearing enlightened.

If you honestly believe the Labour would radically improve the fortunes of the NHS then you're completely delusional and don't understand that the majority of the problems occurred under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's governments. Not only did the Labour government waste £11.2 Billion Pounds on attempting to roll out the nationwide IT database project, but implemented the infamous PFI - Private Funding Initiative scheme to build new infrastructure after the Tories scrapped the system after Four hospitals. This practise has caused hundreds of hospitals and their trusts to be laboured with a contract that restricts procurement departments to purchase goods and services at highly elevated costs, whilst having to pay back their loans at a substantial higher rate of interest and fees. It is why many of the Trusts are now utilising alternatives ways to find additional Funding, and attempting to repay the PFI debt in full, as a consequence paying early payment fees. This is before Jeremy Corbyn made it one of his 'policies'.

Many supporters will remark that Labour also under Tony Blair doubled the NHS budget just after the Millennium. Yes this fact is true, but Eighty per cent of the increase in funding immediately went straight to wages, and once pension payments, National Insurance contributions, administrative and bureaucratic costs are included little of the additional finances went to help improve the patients’ lives and their treatment. The majority of improvements came from private equity and investment. Also in this period we start to see the immergence of senior staff and management paying themselves vastly elevated salaries.

The question is how to resolve the issue with the failing NHS? Of course the vast majority of the answers lie in the general population starting to take responsibility in their lifestyle choices. Whether eating healthily, drinking in moderation, or smoking less would make a substantial difference for the NHS who spend Billions tackling obesity. What is needed though is a frank and honest cross party discussion on the future of the NHS with a broad consensus from experts to create a long term policy in tackling and improving the service.

What about the short-term? Can improvements be implemented to help alleviate the strain this winter? Probably not, most innovative and logical ideas would need time and finances to make the longer term savings, and efficiencies required to make a lasting difference. Unfortunately political correctness, bureaucracy, mismanagement, finances, laziness and rigidness will only hinder this effort and process. The question is the populous, and staff willing to make the sacrifice?
nemesiz1 h, 14 m ago

Sorry HEWD either you've been very fortunate,or lived a sheltered life to …Sorry HEWD either you've been very fortunate,or lived a sheltered life to have never experience the other side of the NHS. Yes I'm thankful and grateful for the expertise and provision when using the service, but there are many aspects of the system that is unsavoury, unacceptable and unprofessional which myself and family have faced when using the NHS. Having close family members who worked in the NHS as Nurses (4 & 46 years respectively) and as patients have experienced the laziness, negligence, incompetency, attitude, and audacity of staff. Sadly any negative comment or reaction against the NHS is usually swept under the carpet, or countered with derision. If you honestly believe the Labour would radically improve the fortunes of the NHS then you're completely delusional and don't understand that the majority of the problems occurred under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's governments. Not only did the Labour government waste £11.2 Billion Pounds on attempting to roll out the nationwide IT database project, but implemented the infamous PFI - Private Funding Initiative scheme to build new infrastructure after the Tories scrapped the system after Four hospitals. This practise has caused hundreds of hospitals and their trusts to be laboured with a contract that restricts procurement departments to purchase goods and services at highly elevated costs, whilst having to pay back their loans at a substantial higher rate of interest and fees. It is why many of the Trusts are now utilising alternatives ways to find additional Funding, and attempting to repay the PFI debt in full, as a consequence paying early payment fees. This is before Jeremy Corbyn made it one of his 'policies'. Many supporters will remark that Labour also under Tony Blair doubled the NHS budget just after the Millennium. Yes this fact is true, but Eighty per cent of the increase in funding immediately went straight to wages, and once pension payments, National Insurance contributions, administrative and bureaucratic costs are included little of the additional finances went to help improve the patients’ lives and their treatment. The majority of improvements came from private equity and investment. Also in this period we start to see the immergence of senior staff and management paying themselves vastly elevated salaries. The question is how to resolve the issue with the failing NHS? Of course the vast majority of the answers lie in the general population starting to take responsibility in their lifestyle choices. Whether eating healthily, drinking in moderation, or smoking less would make a substantial difference for the NHS who spend Billions tackling obesity. What is needed though is a frank and honest cross party discussion on the future of the NHS with a broad consensus from experts to create a long term policy in tackling and improving the service. What about the short-term? Can improvements be implemented to help alleviate the strain this winter? Probably not, most innovative and logical ideas would need time and finances to make the longer term savings, and efficiencies required to make a lasting difference. Unfortunately political correctness, bureaucracy, mismanagement, finances, laziness and rigidness will only hinder this effort and process. The question is the populous, and staff willing to make the sacrifice?

Tony Blair was not labour, he was nu labour aka the tories holding a rose, nothing you say has any validity when you start by claiming a man who got in power because he was seen by the middling sorts as the better con over the other con, the man of straw.

Everyone has bad experience of the nhs as well as good experience, everyone who works there is a individual, each trust is different too, but the fact is regardless of if your experience was good or bad you wasn't judged when you showed up in need and you paid £0 at the door.

Do you think people don't have bad experience in America where they have to pay a fortune too? You need to do some research.

theatlantic.com/hea…34/
Segata-Sanshiro3 h, 29 m ago

Tony Blair was not labour, he was nu labour aka the tories holding a rose, …Tony Blair was not labour, he was nu labour aka the tories holding a rose, nothing you say has any validity when you start by claiming a man who got in power because he was seen by the middling sorts as the better con over the other con, the man of straw.Everyone has bad experience of the nhs as well as good experience, everyone who works there is a individual, each trust is different too, but the fact is regardless of if your experience was good or bad you wasn't judged when you showed up in need and you paid £0 at the door.Do you think people don't have bad experience in America where they have to pay a fortune too? You need to do some research.https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/07/us-worst-health-care-commonwealth-2017-report/533634/

So because the patient doesn't pay money at the door, nor is judged the NHS the treatment received can be variable? Your comments make absolutely no sense. Firstly all taxpayers who earn above £112 a week pay National Insurance Contributions towards funding the health service. It is not Free (and I know you're not implying it). Whatever happens a patient should expect a minimum standard of care, without clinical errors, unacceptable food, poor hygiene, rude staff, and inferior treatment and care (all clickable examples). These are not rare examples but rather a damning indictment of the past and present NHS, where incompetence, ineptitude, carelessness and laziness have led to deaths, injuries or a traumatic experience to the patient. The Management and staff should make every conceivable effort to ensure that human error doesn't occur or kept to a minimum.
nemesiz14 m ago

So because the patient doesn't pay money at the door, nor is judged the …So because the patient doesn't pay money at the door, nor is judged the NHS the treatment received can be variable? Your comments make absolutely no sense. Firstly all taxpayers who earn above £112 a week pay National Insurance Contributions towards funding the health service. It is not Free (and I know you're not implying it). Whatever happens a patient should expect a minimum standard of care, without clinical errors, unacceptable food, poor hygiene, rude staff, and inferior treatment and care (all clickable examples). These are not rare examples but rather a damning indictment of the past and present NHS, where incompetence, ineptitude, carelessness and laziness have led to deaths, injuries or a traumatic experience to the patient. The Management and staff should make every conceivable effort to ensure that human error doesn't occur or kept to a minimum.

I will point out again that everyone has good and bad experiences, if you look at the USAs model their way is not a solution its just worse, we out perform them and are cheaper so why are you believing that copying them will be a improvement?
Who said copying the US Model? I didn't mention it at all, YOU DID! This has no merit in the argument or discussion. So why did you suddenly bring up the American system?
Edited by: "nemesiz" 27th Feb
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals27th Feb

The arrogance of medics? Every experience of the medical profession I've …The arrogance of medics? Every experience of the medical profession I've had has been with individuals committed to providing help and compassion in horrendous circumstances.People like you who think they're balanced when they choose to be contrary and praise a man who is trying to take the NHS away from you and your family are useful to people like Hunt. You'll cheer him as he knifes you in the back in the hopes of appearing enlightened.

Patients often confuse systemic failures with the incompetence of front line workers in the NHS.

Systemic failures are the responsibility of those who have the power to change policy not those who are expected to provide better care with less time and resource.

But it's not always easy explaining that to people who have been on the receiving end of poor care.

It's far easier for some people to have contempt for the healthcare professional in front of them than that Hunt in Government.

Which, like you, I find bizarre.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants