Groups

Rear Projection v Lcd TV'S

all i want is a tv to watch football on would a rear projection tv be just as good as a £300 lcd & would a rear projection be better then say my samsung crt tv

are there any downfalls to owning a rear projection tv

11 Comments

I don't like rear projection tv's myself, you have to be right in front of the screen to appreciate it, if you stand up or sit on the floor the screen goes very dark, LCD's get a great viewing angle... the picture usually looks exactly the same wherever you are in the room.

Go for an LCD TV, Rear projection tvs are aweful in my opinion. Id stick to your CRT, if you cant get an LCD just yet

Original Poster

ive got around £400 to buy an lcd but im not sure if thats going to get me something better then my crt tv

LCD tv`s are not better than CTR,especially for £400. Panasonic is the best brand,but look around £800 -1000 to spend on 37inc.Others are just rubbish.
    And rear projection tvs are worst of all-avoid at any cost.

Rimi;2154897

LCD tv`s are not better than CTR,especially for £400. Panasonic is the … LCD tv`s are not better than CTR,especially for £400. Panasonic is the best brand,but look around £800 -1000 to spend on 37inc.Others are just rubbish.And rear projection tvs are worst of all-avoid at any cost.

I agree you cant get an lcd better than a crt, unless you watch hd on them the picture is not as good, its due to the fact hd tvs have higher resolution that pick out more faults than a standard crt when watching digital, sony centres are selling a kdl32p3020 for £449.99 including a five year warrenty which is a bargain, if you get an lcd its better to go for a proper brand like sony,panasonic,samsung, they are more expensive but well worth the extra especially if you watch sport

sorry forgot to mention their are downfalls with rear projection, loss of viewing angles, have to watch eye level and dead on otherwise the screen darkens and you also have to replace the bulbs every couple of years which cost inexcess of £300, most lcds sony etc...have a 178 degree viewing angle

Original Poster

cheer's for the reply's, but what confuses me is say for example the tv advertised last week on here (i think it was from ebuyer or amazon) was the £269.99 special some said it was good and some said it wasnt but it used a samsung screen and phillips panel so does that mean name brand tv's are not always that good, i have been in dixons a few times and noticed a £700 sony tv had a worse picture then say a £500 lg lcd tv are there any tips or things to look for when buying a tv, i wont be using it for a ps3 etc just a sky box and to watch footy

Dub1;2155117

are there any tips or things to look for when buying a tv, i wont be … are there any tips or things to look for when buying a tv, i wont be using it for a ps3 etc just a sky box and to watch footy

Find a TV you like the look of, and then google the model number looking for reviews, you will get losers who believe a TV can only be good if it is a top brand and costs £100's more. Better to get a reveiw from people that own it, rather than people that are guessing it's no good because it isn't made by sony.

Dub1;2155117

cheer's for the reply's, but what confuses me is say for example the tv … cheer's for the reply's, but what confuses me is say for example the tv advertised last week on here (i think it was from ebuyer or amazon) was the £269.99 special some said it was good and some said it wasnt but it used a samsung screen and phillips panel so does that mean name brand tv's are not always that good, i have been in dixons a few times and noticed a £700 sony tv had a worse picture then say a £500 lg lcd tv are there any tips or things to look for when buying a tv, i wont be using it for a ps3 etc just a sky box and to watch footy

What size of TV are you looking for?

And all the people who are writing off RPTV's have you never seen a Sony SXRD RPTV?? I guarantee that will change your mind! I own one (55") And I chose that over any Sony LCD TV, and I sell TVs for a living, so I kinda know what to look for.

Oh and by the way never ever compare picture quality's between two TVs at mutiple/big chain stores, because the lovely people who work at these store have no clue on how to set one of them up properly, so it's an unfair comparison. Try going to an Independant who know how to get the best results out of TVs :thumbsup:

Original Poster

looking for about 32 / 37 inch tv if possible

XxS7U4R7xX;2155360

What size of TV are you looking for?And all the people who are writing … What size of TV are you looking for?And all the people who are writing off RPTV's have you never seen a Sony SXRD RPTV?? I guarantee that will change your mind! I own one (55") And I chose that over any Sony LCD TV, and I sell TVs for a living, so I kinda know what to look for.Oh and by the way never ever compare picture quality's between two TVs at mutiple/big chain stores, because the lovely people who work at these store have no clue on how to set one of them up properly, so it's an unfair comparison. Try going to an Independant who know how to get the best results out of TVs :thumbsup:

Dub1;2155413

looking for about 32 / 37 inch tv if possible

If I we're you I'd buy one of these mate hotukdeals.com/ite…al/ :thumbsup:

Perfect for what you are looking for as it is not a full HD 1080 panel, so when you are watching a lot of SD (standard definition) because it does not have to scale/blow it up so much.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522112
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions