Rear windsceen crack

Posted 13th Nov
Hello everyone, this week monday morning, i woke up to a 10 inch crack on my rear windscreen, today I saw there was another crack which started of from the original crack that i saw earlier, my question is does the insurance company cover rear windscreen cracks in their windscreen policy. Im currently with AA and its a hassle to get thru them over the phone, just wanted to know your thoughts. thanks
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
Depends on your specific policy. If your policy is the AAs September 2019 policy:
SUBSECTION 4 Glass damage
The Insurer will pay for the repair or replacement of glass in the windscreen, sunroof or window(s) of the Insured Car and the scratching of its bodywork caused solely by this damage. The replacement glass may not be made by the vehicle’s manufacturer but will be of an equivalent standard.
AndyRoyd13/11/2019 21:47

Depends on your specific policy. If your policy is the AAs September 2019 …Depends on your specific policy. If your policy is the AAs September 2019 policy:SUBSECTION 4 Glass damageThe Insurer will pay for the repair or replacement of glass in the windscreen, sunroof or window(s) of the Insured Car and the scratching of its bodywork caused solely by this damage. The replacement glass may not be made by the vehicle’s manufacturer but will be of an equivalent standard.

And probably worth quoting the next two paras:
If this is the only damage claimed for, Your No Claim Discount will not be affected and is subject to You having to pay the applicable windscreen Excess as shown on Your Statement of Insurance.
A courtesy car is not available if the only claim You make is for Glass damage.
If you call or contact AutoGlass Repair.. .. ... They will sort it out for you with the AA. It IS normally covered. But they will confirm it for you.... autoglass.co.uk/wha…ost
Edited by: "cloudthecat" 13th Nov
thanks guys, quiet helpful information there. ~appreciate it
AndyRoyd - the policy was taken out in jan 2019, will this affect as you mentioned thanks
I got a crack in my windscreen a few years ago. I was with Churchill insurance at the time. When I called to ask their policy on this, they told me that getting it repaired through my insurance wouldn't affect my no claims bonus but it would be registered as a claim which I would have to declare for the next 5 years.
deleted1471098
Normally there is an excess to pay though....around £75 depending on insurer.
atifprince13/11/2019 21:59

AndyRoyd - the policy was taken out in jan 2019, will this affect as you …AndyRoyd - the policy was taken out in jan 2019, will this affect as you mentioned thanks

The May 2018 policy booklet appears to quote same text as Sept 2019 booklet so it is unlikely that any other policy booklet between those dates would have different phrase / cover.
May 2018 PDF theaa.com/~/m…pdf
Sept 2019 PDF theaa.com/~/m…pdf
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions