Rear wiper jet blocked on peugeot 107, any ideas?

Found 16th Jan 2016
I have a problem where the back windscreen washer jet seems to be blocked on our 107. The motor is definitely working but nothing is coming out. I have tried to remove the rear high level brake light (where the washer spray is built in) but after removing screws I found a sticky seal between the light and body and didn't want to disturb it unnecessarily. Anybody had this problem with a 107/aygo or c1? and located the blockage. Have checked the 107 forums but can't find anything.

1. Ask
  2. Peugeot
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Peugeot
14 Comments

Could be that the hose has come off at either end - I've known it to happen several times. Check under the bonnet on the tank where the screenwash is, see if the hose has come loose?

Original Poster

Eden0032

Could be that the hose has come off at either end - I've known it to … Could be that the hose has come off at either end - I've known it to happen several times. Check under the bonnet on the tank where the screenwash is, see if the hose has come loose?

Thanks for the quick reply, will check tomorrow as it's going dark now.

kramvic

Thanks for the quick reply, will check tomorrow as it's going dark now.

But it's getting lighter! It's gone 4:30PM and there's still some light outside #BringOnSpring

Original Poster

Eden0032

But it's getting lighter! It's gone 4:30PM and there's still some light … But it's getting lighter! It's gone 4:30PM and there's still some light outside #BringOnSpring

Haha, not in Sheffield, and I've just got in after washing 3 cars!!!! So its a tomorrow job.

Disconnect the hose and blow it out with a electric tyre pump if you have one

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you pull the rear headlining down (should be 2 plastic clips holding it up and you won't be able to pull it far without removing the upper quarter panel trims) there may be a joint there you can use to eliminate the rear jet as the blockage source.
The light seal is a bad design, you'd be lucky to remove the light without damaging it and then it perishes and lets water in.

Use a piece of 5 amp fuse wire and try to clear from the nozzle end.The wire is thin so as not to damage small spray hole.

Original Poster

mrfleming344

Disconnect the hose and blow it out with a electric tyre pump if you have … Disconnect the hose and blow it out with a electric tyre pump if you have one

Ah good thinking but still need to figure out how to access pipes on either end. Cheers.

Original Poster

xmikebx

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you pull the rear headlining down … I'm not 100% sure but I think if you pull the rear headlining down (should be 2 plastic clips holding it up and you won't be able to pull it far without removing the upper quarter panel trims) there may be a joint there you can use to eliminate the rear jet as the blockage source.The light seal is a bad design, you'd be lucky to remove the light without damaging it and then it perishes and lets water in.

Yeah your right with the bad design, I think I did see a blob of something come down the rear screen a month or so ago so it most likely is blocked at the back end. Will try looking at the lining as you said. Thanks.

Original Poster

pan1100

Use a piece of 5 amp fuse wire and try to clear from the nozzle end.The … Use a piece of 5 amp fuse wire and try to clear from the nozzle end.The wire is thin so as not to damage small spray hole.

Cheers Pan1100, there's no small jet on this it is a round piece of plastic built in to the high level light and the water just trickles down the back screen.

My old vw used to freeze up so easy, if the motor is running and you get a trickle possibly that, or like above the tube has come off. Just make sure this time of year you don't just use water, a thicker solution of screen wash does the job

My old vw used to freeze up so easy, if the motor is running and you get a trickle possibly that, or like above the tube has come off. Just make sure this time of year you don't just use water, a thicker solution of screen wash does the job

Original Poster

westy125

My old vw used to freeze up so easy, if the motor is running and you get … My old vw used to freeze up so easy, if the motor is running and you get a trickle possibly that, or like above the tube has come off. Just make sure this time of year you don't just use water, a thicker solution of screen wash does the job

Cheers westy, definitely not froze, I think it is probably a blockage. (_;)

Original Poster

Anybody else having the same problem? As suggested by Mrfleming and xmike, removed 2 securing clips at the back of the roof lining, removed 2 clips from one side behind rear doors near seat belts and removed the panel. This enabled me to drop roofing panel enough to locate a pipe elbow, removed this and blasted through with an electric tyre pump while running warm water on rear jet. Working better than ever. Thanks for all your replies.
Post a comment
@
    Text