Groups
    EXPIRED

Reasonable hotels in central London

I'm heading to London for 4 nights in April and was wondering if anyone could possibly recommend a decent hotel to stay in. So far, we've been looking at the Premier Inn at City Hall which is pretty central, but it's £117 per night which I think is quite pricey.

Any recomendations are much appreciated.

8 Comments

travelodge covent garden is ok-cheapest central hotel Ive stayed in is regent palace at piccadilly-very mixed reviews on this one tho-some love it ,some hate it but Ive used it many times for concert and theatre trips with no complaints.

barky;4010541

travelodge covent garden is ok-cheapest central hotel Ive stayed in is … travelodge covent garden is ok-cheapest central hotel Ive stayed in is regent palace at piccadilly-very mixed reviews on this one tho-some love it ,some hate it but Ive used it many times for concert and theatre trips with no complaints.

yeah, was at the CG travelodge last month, clean but noisy....but great location

they gave us room 666 :w00t:

barky;4010541

travelodge covent garden is ok-cheapest central hotel Ive stayed in is … travelodge covent garden is ok-cheapest central hotel Ive stayed in is regent palace at piccadilly-very mixed reviews on this one tho-some love it ,some hate it but Ive used it many times for concert and theatre trips with no complaints.

Is the Regent Palace still open? I thought it was closed now.

We have always enjoyed ]The Hoxton. A double should be about £80/night over a weekend if you book now.
    If you go for a Travelodge, Tower Bridge or Battersea will be cheaper than Covent Garden.

choc1969;4010570

yeah, was at the CG travelodge last month, clean but noisy....but great … yeah, was at the CG travelodge last month, clean but noisy....but great location :)they gave us room 666 :w00t:

well no wonder it was noisy!
    Try the Travelodge Kings Cross tayed there a few times and its not bad

Might depend on your dates, but the Holiday Inn group have a BOGOF offer on, see link:

ichotelsgroup.com/h/d…ull

Some options:

£49.50 Room Only Holiday Inn Regents Park
    £54.50 B&B Holiday Inn Express Southwalk
    £57.50 Room Only Crown Plaza New Bridge Street

You have to book them in 'two day chunks' to get the special rates.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice all. The Covent Garden Travelodge sounds good to me, but I'm a little concerned about the reported noisyness.

a little out the way, but Hilton Hotels are going 50% off, or a Jan Deal which works about the same.

just booked Wembley (nr the new ground), for Feb, 2 nights, 3 people in a room = £78! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?33
      2. Nightmare with BT over Broadband56
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?46
      4. Android "Amazon rewards" pop-up???66

See more discussions