RECALL - Around 700,000 Eggs recalled due to possible contamination

Found 10th Aug 2017
Approx 700,000 eggs sent from Dutch farms over to the UK have been recalled, initially it was said to be around 21,000, although that number has obviously now jumped MASSIVELY

"The eggs come from farms implicated in the use of fipronil, used in veterinary products to treat things like ticks and fleas."

The FSA state that it's "Very Unlikely" That the eggs are a risk to human health.
While over in Germany & Holland, millions of eggs have been removed from shelves in ALDI and LIDL

"All major UK retailers stock British Lion shell eggs and tests have shown that there is no risk from British eggs."

Products withdrawn in the UK

• By Sainsbury's Ham and Egg Salad 240g - use by date August 9-14
  • By Sainsbury's Potato and Egg Salad 300g - August 9-14
  • Morrison's Potato and Egg Salad 250g - August 13
  • Morrisons Egg and Cress Sandwich - sold in Morrisons Cafe only - August 11
  • Morrisons Cafe Sandwich Selection - sold in Morrisons Cafe only - August 11
  • Waitrose Free Range Egg Mayonnaise 240g - August 13
  • Waitrose Free Range Reduced Fat Egg Mayonnaise 170g - August 14
  • Waitrose Free Range Egg and Bacon 170g - August 14
  • Waitrose Free Range Egg and Bacon 170g - August 16
  • Waitrose Free Range Egg Mayonnaise 240g - August 16
  • Asda Baby potato and free range egg salad - August 9-14
  • Asda Spinach and free range egg snack pot - August 9-14
  • Asda FTG Ham and Cheddar ploughman's salad bowl - August 9-13

Source - Here

Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
I more or less warned everyone in the other post the other day of the danger of it being in premade food.

You cant trust the *continental Europeans.
Edited by: "groenleader" 10th Aug 2017
groenleader7 m ago

I more or less warned everyone in the other post the other day of the …I more or less warned everyone in the other post the other day of the danger of it being in premade food. You cant trust the Europeans.

Does that mean we can't trust ourselves or British farms?
Prosamuraiman1 h, 11 m ago

Prosamuraiman1 h, 11 m ago

The term "European" has been extended to us by some. I have adjusted it for clarity
Thursday 3 August 2017:
Millions of eggs removed from European shelves over toxicity fears - The Guardian
"A European commission spokeswoman, Anna-Kaisa Itkonen, told reporters in Brussels: “The eggs are blocked. The contaminated eggs have been traced and withdrawn from the market and the situation is under control”."

Monday 7 August 2017:
Eggs contaminated with insecticide may have entered UK, EU warns - The Guardian
"A spokeswoman for the commission, Anna-Kaisa Itkonen, said it was “up to the Swedes, Swiss, French and to the UK national authorities to check”."

Thursday 10th August 2017:
Egg scare grows as UK supermarkets pull products from shelves - The Guardian
"Four supermarkets have withdrawn products from their shelves as it emerged that 700,000 eggs from Dutch farms implicated in a contamination scare had been distributed to Britain."

Anna-Kaisa Itkonen, a spokeswoman for the European commission...
31665401-M31Sb.jpg
After Brexit our food hygiene standards will be much better to avoid this
all we need is a worldwide ban on any type of egg & then the situation will be under control
RedLozzer2 h, 54 m ago

After Brexit our food hygiene standards will be much better to avoid this …After Brexit our food hygiene standards will be much better to avoid this

LOL you must be kidding our standards will drop like a stone thanks to trade with the USA, providing they don't glow in the dark by the time the deal is done
Glad I have my own chickens so I know where my eggs come from
Well i had a chicken omelette for my dinner so i'm goosed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants