Groups

Recall on Whirlpool faulty tumble dryers - Petition link below

Call on the Government to urge Whirlpool UK to recall all faulty tumble dryers...

ridiculous that people are still at such a high risk.

7 Comments

You just seen this on watchdog?

Banned

Already signed.

Funny thing is I am more than qualified to fix the fault & sent my details to Whirlpool months ago when the problem first arised & they stated they were looking for more contractors to speed up the process of the alterations. I have previously worked on white goods recalls causing fires.

Not a word from Whirlpool & I have no doubt they do not give a toss about sorting the matter out swiftly & are happy to operate on a Cost V Payout basis.

Agree

Here's a laugh for you.

Had an Indesit for over 4 years without any problems. Recalled due to alleged fire risk. Replaced earlier this year with a new model at a reduced price of £49 (I ignored the £99 offer and they then sent a £49 offer). Bargain, or so I thought. 3 months later, the new dryer started squealing like a pig. Went onto their website. Guess what - the replacement has been recalled due to a fire risk! So that was last week. I tried phoning on Saturday and they were closed (nobody at Currys wanted to know, smh), apparently still safe to use the dryer but not left unattended. On Sunday, I smell burning. The tumble dryer is on bloody fire!! I call Indesit on Monday, they will come out in 2 weeks to repair it. I looked underneath it and it's a melted mess.

Unbelievable they have replaced a perfectly working dryer which has had daily use for over 4 years with another which has also been recalled for the exact same problem - and then for the replacement to actually go up in smoke!

GrantG182

Here's a laugh for you.Had an Indesit for over 4 years without any … Here's a laugh for you.Had an Indesit for over 4 years without any problems. Recalled due to alleged fire risk. Replaced earlier this year with a new model at a reduced price of £49 (I ignored the £99 offer and they then sent a £49 offer). Bargain, or so I thought. 3 months later, the new dryer started squealing like a pig. Went onto their website. Guess what - the replacement has been recalled due to a fire risk! So that was last week. I tried phoning on Saturday and they were closed (nobody at Currys wanted to know, smh), apparently still safe to use the dryer but not left unattended. On Sunday, I smell burning. The tumble dryer is on bloody fire!! I call Indesit on Monday, they will come out in 2 weeks to repair it. I looked underneath it and it's a melted mess.Unbelievable they have replaced a perfectly working dryer which has had daily use for over 4 years with another which has also been recalled for the exact same problem - and then for the replacement to actually go up in smoke!

This has a Daily Mail sad face/pout picture written all over it. You should give them a call and they will run the story.

On a serious note - truly shocking and i won't be surprised if all the ones they are replacing them with this year are eventually on a recall list in the future.

i purchased a new hot point dryer last year a month later it was in the effected batch ...

still waiting 12 months on no after calling and told to wait a year ...no letter no nothing

shocking !!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…77
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions