RECALL - Philips Avent Smart Ear Thermometer - Worries over Incorrect Readings

Editor 11
Found 5th Mar
Philips have recalled two models of their Avent Smart Ear Thermometers after reports of incorrect readings, meaning that they could potentially put children at risk if they do have a fever, as it may give normal readings.

The models that are affected are SCH740 & DL8740.

You should be fine to return the above models them for a refund

2904730.jpg

Source
More info
US
Community Updates
11 Comments
The slim chances of someone here having this ...
hethekid51 m ago

Considering there are 1.6m HUKD users, the chances aren’t necessarily slim. And if they are, it doesn’t matter. Better safe than sorry
We have this one. Last week my daughter had a temp, I could feel it, but this read 36.4! Used our old Braun thermometer which read 38.7!
I have this, does anyone know how I return it? I bought it from Amazon about 4 months ago; do I return it to them or Philips? Thanks.
I've got one too, thanks for the post
Thanks for the update
harding080833 m ago

I have this, does anyone know how I return it? I bought it from Amazon …I have this, does anyone know how I return it? I bought it from Amazon about 4 months ago; do I return it to them or Philips? Thanks.

If you wish to return the Avent Smart Thermometer based on this information, users can contact their local Philips product support representative on 0207 949 0240
hethekid15 h, 51 m ago

I have this....
deeky6 h, 38 m ago

If you wish to return the Avent Smart Thermometer based on this …If you wish to return the Avent Smart Thermometer based on this information, users can contact their local Philips product support representative on 0207 949 0240

Thanks very much
My uncle bought this last week as he’s just started cancer treatment.
Thank you! just seen this and i have this model. Will return it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants