Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

recall replacement warranty

Posted 18th Apr
hello and I thought I would ask,as there telephone lines not open till Monday but basically I have a indeist tumble dryer.

and today I heard a big bang and electrics all went off, wasn't sure what caused it so put it back on, and turned everything back on.

five minutes later everything went off again,tho no bang this time.

so I started slowly putting bit by bit back on.

nothing tripped so all good

till 30 mins I go check to see if clothes dry and now notice tumble dryer blowing cold air so this is what caused it, now Tumblr wasn't full, but had a martial in there what seemed to threeded off and wrap around towel so maybe this caused it but now my heating has gone from tumble dryer .

but the question is, it was replaced by a new model under their recall program so my old dyre in 2015 brought and replace by new one for free due to safety so question is.

is the new model under a year warranty.

and if so, think it could be a while for them to fix.

gonna be a pain when your working and your tumble dryer busted, so does anyone no if I got a year warranty with new model
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
What "year warranty" are you referring?
AndyRoyd18/04/2020 19:13

What "year warranty" are you referring?

well that's the question, as it is a new replacement,do you get new warranty on that or so
from the following article, it doesn't sound like it, which is very unfair to me as a product should have a manufacturer's 12 months warranty in its own right, whether it is bought new or is given as a replacement. otherwise the consumer could be given one shoddy product after another during the 12 months and then loses the use of the product shortly after that as the product develops a fault again.

although an electrical item comes with a comforting 12 months guarantee from the manufacturer, you would expect it to last more than 12 months in general so it would not be good to have to buy a new one shortly after 12 months.

theguardian.com/mon…irs

"Or to put it simply, if you buy a TV guaranteed for a year and it breaks down after five months, the replacement TV would only be guaranteed for seven months."
mutley118/04/2020 19:21

from the following article, it doesn't sound like it, which is very unfair …from the following article, it doesn't sound like it, which is very unfair to me as a product should have a manufacturer's 12 months warranty in its own right, whether it is bought new or is given as a replacement. otherwise the consumer could be given one shoddy product after another during the 12 months and then loses the use of the product shortly after that as the product develops a fault again.although an electrical item comes with a comforting 12 months guarantee from the manufacturer, you would expect it to last more than 12 months in general so it would not be good to have to buy a new one shortly after 12 months.https://www.theguardian.com/money/2002/oct/18/consumernews.consumeraffairs"Or to put it simply, if you buy a TV guaranteed for a year and it breaks down after five months, the replacement TV would only be guaranteed for seven months."

Thats what I fear,so I put request online so I find out what's what,.

it's 200 to buy brand new, I have accidental content insurance so not sure with that.

see what indeist charge, can't be expensive job
Pricklerickle18/04/2020 19:17

well that's the question, as it is a new replacement,do you get new …well that's the question, as it is a new replacement,do you get new warranty on that or so

You implied you had a year warranty from some entity, yet a manufacturer warranty is gesture of goodwill and subject to whatever terms the manufacturer chooses to offer, or not offer. If the appliance has been registered, Indesit generally provide 12m warranty; after that period £120 labour charge applies to each repair up to 10yrs.
The legal guarantee from the merchant commences from day of purchase and is generally not reset by replacement.
AndyRoyd18/04/2020 19:39

You implied you had a year warranty from some entity, yet a manufacturer …You implied you had a year warranty from some entity, yet a manufacturer warranty is gesture of goodwill and subject to whatever terms the manufacturer chooses to offer, or not offer. If the appliance has been registered, Indesit generally provide 12m warranty; after that period £120 labour charge applies to each repair up to 10yrs.The legal guarantee from the merchant commences from day of purchase and is generally not reset by replacement.

A lots of indesit tat doesn’t even get a parts warranty after year one
Oka so I had it for six months ,so I should register this new one.
and what has caused it to trip eltrics you reckon, clothes wasn't burning feeling when it tripped , still feel damp
mutley118/04/2020 19:21

from the following article, it doesn't sound like it, which is very unfair …from the following article, it doesn't sound like it, which is very unfair to me as a product should have a manufacturer's 12 months warranty in its own right, whether it is bought new or is given as a replacement. otherwise the consumer could be given one shoddy product after another during the 12 months and then loses the use of the product shortly after that as the product develops a fault again.although an electrical item comes with a comforting 12 months guarantee from the manufacturer, you would expect it to last more than 12 months in general so it would not be good to have to buy a new one shortly after 12 months.https://www.theguardian.com/money/2002/oct/18/consumernews.consumeraffairs"Or to put it simply, if you buy a TV guaranteed for a year and it breaks down after five months, the replacement TV would only be guaranteed for seven months."

A merchant's legal obligations exist for up to 6 years or 5 years in Scotland; a manufacturer's warranty is gesture of goodwill and can be anything from nothing to everything.
Pricklerickle18/04/2020 19:46

and what has caused it to trip eltrics you reckon, clothes wasn't burning …and what has caused it to trip eltrics you reckon, clothes wasn't burning feeling when it tripped , still feel damp

99% the element blown or just tripped. Very common. Especial on Indeshite/Poopoint products.

You're lucky that your electrics tripped and it didn't self combust like they normally do.

You might be able to reset it so it works again if you're lucky. Give it a good clean out and don't open the door during it's cycle etc.. Here is an how too video
Edited by: ".MUFC." 18th Apr
.MUFC.18/04/2020 20:48

99% the element blown or just tripped. Very common. Especial on …99% the element blown or just tripped. Very common. Especial on Indeshite/Poopoint products.You're lucky that your electrics tripped and it didn't self combust like they normally do.You might be able to reset it so it works again if you're lucky. Give it a good clean out and don't open the door during it's cycle etc.. Here is an how too video

yes I am sure it just trip and can get working again, wish there all had reset buttons
Pricklerickle18/04/2020 21:03

yes I am sure it just trip and can get working again, wish there all had …yes I am sure it just trip and can get working again, wish there all had reset buttons

Best advice is don't buy Indesit/Hotpoint. Hoover/Candy or you'll have problems.
.MUFC.18/04/2020 21:09

Best advice is don't buy Indesit/Hotpoint. Hoover/Candy or you'll have … Best advice is don't buy Indesit/Hotpoint. Hoover/Candy or you'll have problems.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=m.youtube.com/wat…849

I found this, looks simple but you just no you gonna get fiddly screw.

if no warranty it's no lose ,or maybe I should see if it in warranty but I guessing it isn't
.MUFC.18/04/2020 21:09

Best advice is don't buy Indesit/Hotpoint. Hoover/Candy or you'll have … Best advice is don't buy Indesit/Hotpoint. Hoover/Candy or you'll have problems.

so after removing 15 screws in awakrd positions,I pressed down to hear click, so running it now so fingers crossed, wat was bit alarming bit of paper,fluff seemed to be near element
Pricklerickle18/04/2020 22:00

so after removing 15 screws in awakrd positions,I pressed down to hear …so after removing 15 screws in awakrd positions,I pressed down to hear click, so running it now so fingers crossed, wat was bit alarming bit of paper,fluff seemed to be near element

That is very concerning but not really surprising. Personally I think heat pump dryers are a better option. Not just for the energy saving but they're safer as they don't have elements in them etc..

Anyway pleased you sorted it, Never leave it on unattended etc..
.MUFC.18/04/2020 22:20

That is very concerning but not really surprising. Personally I think heat …That is very concerning but not really surprising. Personally I think heat pump dryers are a better option. Not just for the energy saving but they're safer as they don't have elements in them etc..Anyway pleased you sorted it, Never leave it on unattended etc..

still got cold air blowing, , looks like elements ain't expensive but without multi meter who knows where fails, piece of crap, have to phone call on Monday and tell them the replacement therr gave me hasn't lasted more than 6 month's
Pricklerickle18/04/2020 22:22

still got cold air blowing, , looks like elements ain't …still got cold air blowing, , looks like elements ain't expensive but without multi meter who knows where fails, piece of crap, have to phone call on Monday and tell them the replacement therr gave me hasn't lasted more than 6 month's

Was worth a try, It will most certainly be the element but yes, give them a call, They'll want £120+ to come out as it'll not have the 12 months warranty etc..
.MUFC.18/04/2020 22:26

Was worth a try, It will most certainly be the element but yes, give them …Was worth a try, It will most certainly be the element but yes, give them a call, They'll want £120+ to come out as it'll not have the 12 months warranty etc..

well I shall tell them what's what, after all there blow my electrics and could of blow my lamp projector, I am not sure I can find part tho it's IDC8T3B 2200 watts, I had a cheap 3 kg one last me 5 years and more , decided to go for bigger one, can't even get year out of it
Pricklerickle18/04/2020 22:29

well I shall tell them what's what, after all there blow my electrics and …well I shall tell them what's what, after all there blow my electrics and could of blow my lamp projector, I am not sure I can find part tho it's IDC8T3B 2200 watts, I had a cheap 3 kg one last me 5 years and more , decided to go for bigger one, can't even get year out of it

or it's a new one for 200
Pricklerickle18/04/2020 22:29

well I shall tell them what's what, after all there blow my electrics and …well I shall tell them what's what, after all there blow my electrics and could of blow my lamp projector, I am not sure I can find part tho it's IDC8T3B 2200 watts, I had a cheap 3 kg one last me 5 years and more , decided to go for bigger one, can't even get year out of it

I'm not sure, Espares are a good source but doesn't list your model. Might be better looking on the element for a part number etc..
.MUFC.18/04/2020 22:49

I'm not sure, Espares are a good source but doesn't list your model. Might …I'm not sure, Espares are a good source but doesn't list your model. Might be better looking on the element for a part number etc..

ok well see what call says, I have registered it for warranty,I got it in July , last year

then we get all screws out, element looks in good shape, but we see what call says,I just hope for some sun to dry clothes
.MUFC.18/04/2020 22:49

I'm not sure, Espares are a good source but doesn't list your model. Might …I'm not sure, Espares are a good source but doesn't list your model. Might be better looking on the element for a part number etc..

I talked to them online chat, said as it under year should be under warranty, just gotta wait till least 1st June , government guidelines,
Pricklerickle19/04/2020 15:18

I talked to them online chat, said as it under year should be under …I talked to them online chat, said as it under year should be under warranty, just gotta wait till least 1st June , government guidelines,

Nice one
.MUFC.19/04/2020 15:22

Nice one

just gotta wait month and ten days, have to make sure I don't have much clothes to wash
Pricklerickle19/04/2020 15:24

just gotta wait month and ten days, have to make sure I don't have much …just gotta wait month and ten days, have to make sure I don't have much clothes to wash

Hopefully the weather stays nice, I generally only use mine in the winter.
.MUFC.19/04/2020 15:33

Hopefully the weather stays nice, I generally only use mine in the winter.

mine mainly towels bedding,socks, cheap underwear and work clothes, my clothes I always hang , still nice and good that it still under warranty and there fixing it for free
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions