reccomendations of cloud cctv cameras (google hiked price)

Posted 16th May
Bought a google outdoor nest for £150 last year

Price for storage was modest at £40 a year for 5 days video 24/7 history.

Now its gone up £20 and is now only event history instead of 24/7, to get 24/7 its now £10 per month! (3x the cost)

The change is great for peeps with more then one camera but for folk who only need one its really frustrating.

This is for my parents house and don't really want to have to deal with NVR setup, is there any good reccomendations?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
You don’t need to change - you can stay on the existing plan!
I’m pretty sure you don’t need to change to the new pricing, you can just stay on the old one. I have one nest IQ outdoor at £4 a month and I haven’t had any contact saying it’s going up etc
Bluefusion16/05/2020 10:46

You don’t need to change - you can stay on the existing plan!

for the following year?
Gumbon16/05/2020 10:47

for the following year?

Yes, You can stay on there first gen pricing so £40 per year for a single camera 24/7 recording. You don’t need to change unless you want to, which only has benefits if you have more than 1 camera.

They will be adding new features for those that are on the next award gen 2 price plan that will not be available to those that stay on the gen 1 such as audio detection that uses your Nest cameras, smart speakers and displays to listen for a smoke detector alarm and send you an alert if the alarm sounds etc - but with one camera I would stay as you are.

40768683.jpg
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 16th May
Bluefusion16/05/2020 10:50

Yes, You can stay on there first gen pricing so £40 per year for a single …Yes, You can stay on there first gen pricing so £40 per year for a single camera 24/7 recording. You don’t need to change unless you want to, which only has benefits if you have more than 1 camera.They will be adding new features for those that are on the next award gen 2 price plan that will not be available to those that stay on the gen 1 such as audio detection that uses your Nest cameras, smart speakers and displays to listen for a smoke detector alarm and send you an alert if the alarm sounds etc - but with one camera I would stay as you are. [Image]

the outdoor already does detect audio clips in the app... not that I have that in soemthing to notify me, is there something more to it?

Thanks, will stay on £40 a year
Gumbon16/05/2020 10:47

for the following year?

No, you won't be forced to change after the current term either and can renew at the same rate with 5 day history etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions