Groups
    EXPIRED

Reccommend me some blu rays please

Got the lg player from amazon this morning(the youtube function is excellent) wife ran out and bought take that the circus for herself and gotta say the quality is utterly stunning,altho Im not a take that fan.

So ordered myself the bourne trilogy for starters-what next?

Want good movies with good quality transfers-not one of the rush jobs to blu ray with substandard quality-was gonna order the godfather trilogy but amazon forums seem very divided on quality.

The new star trek gets great reviews quality wise and Im tempted by that.

Whats in your collection that blew you away for the quality of the print and sound then?

16 Comments

Banned

monsters Inc
    I robot
    top gun

Music wise
    iron maiden
    Rush

Dark Knight?

Got the Kill Bill 1&2 box set the other day. Apparantly the transfer to blu ray is amongst the best :thumbsup:

I still say Disney Cars is the best quality i've seen. :-D

Original Poster

dog_cop;7121103

monsters IncI robot top gunMusic wise iron maiden Rush

rush-good shout-was also looking at jethro tull live at montreux-sposed to be an excellent quality transfer.

Original Poster

beatrixkiddo79;7121121

Dark Knight?Got the Kill Bill 1&2 box set the other day. Apparantly the … Dark Knight?Got the Kill Bill 1&2 box set the other day. Apparantly the transfer to blu ray is amongst the best :thumbsup:

dark knight is a deffo then-kill bill I loved-thats a maybe too.

Original Poster

Syzable;7121132

I still say Disney Cars is the best quality i've seen. :-D

daughter would love that-maybe pinnochio too? old film tho,transfer might be poor.

barky;7121187

daughter would love that-maybe pinnochio too? old film tho,transfer might … daughter would love that-maybe pinnochio too? old film tho,transfer might be poor.

Yes, not as good but still an improvement. We have all the currently released Disney ones and Cars and Bolt stand out for me.

Original Poster

also surprised no lord of the rings or star wars yet? unless I am missing something.

barky;7121214

also surprised no lord of the rings or star wars yet? unless I am missing … also surprised no lord of the rings or star wars yet? unless I am missing something.

Not been done yet. :-(

Matrix Trilogy is brilliant on Blu Ray and is less than £25 on HMV & The Hut at the moment. Check that out

Iron man
    Moon
    Transformers
    Dark knight
    Star trek

Matrix Trilogy is £14.99 @ Play play.com/DVD…tml

http://www.comixed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/matrix-trilogy.jpg

Monsters Inc looks great

Good site for reviews of Actual Film, Audio, Video Transfer and extras := bluray.com

My list would be :-

Dark Knight
    Star Trek
    Shooter
    Disturbia
    Monsters Inc
    V for vendetta
    Leon
    Band of brothers

Taken with Liam Neilson its the best ever also Shooter with Mark Wahlberg thats rate good an all! :thumbsup:

some of the best quality ones I have are:

Wall-E
    Transformers
    Transformers 2
    Black Hawk Down
    Iron Man
    Monsters Inc.
    Band Of Brothers
    American Gangster
    Superbad
    Tropic Thunder

obviously the newer the film the better the quality, so your best bet is newer films with special effects or disney films (iron man/transformers/wall-e etc)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047114
      2. Spotify Family Premium share513
      3. word association Game73944489
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32453

See more discussions