Receipt Snapping App

Posted 15th Dec 2019
Do you earn money by snapping shopping receipts.?
what apps do you have for that?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
ClickSnap
There are receipthog, shoppix and huyu. Personally I find earning quicker with shoppix and huyu.
There is also snapmyeat, which is mainly for eating out/ food receipts. Snap 15 receipts a month and you'll get a £5 Amazon voucher email to you the following month.
Earn by snapping receipts? Any receipts? First i’ve heard about this! Can someone tell me more??
It's really simple. Just download the apps, sign up and fill in the questionnaire about yourself/ household and start to scan. There are some limitations for each app such as how many receipts you can snap on a week time frame or each store is allowed one receipt a day. It depends on which app you are using. Each receipts earn coins/ points. For receipt hop, you earn coins according to the reception value (eg, 0 to 10 is 5 coins, 10 to 50 is 10 coins). Once you reach certain coin/points threshold you can withdraw the money via PayPal, gift card vouchers (like amazon, itunes etc) and that's it.
wackybacky15/12/2019 08:59

There are receipthog, shoppix and huyu. Personally I find earning quicker …There are receipthog, shoppix and huyu. Personally I find earning quicker with shoppix and huyu.

I personally use all of those. Eheh
Tbh it does take some over and effort to earn but it's extra money you can earn with receipts you are going to throw away. If you use all the apps I recommend you can earn well over £100 a year.
Can you use the same receipt on all apps? I currently use Shoppix.
Receipthog- most receipts are accepted except parking ticket, travel tickets, post office, hand written ticket
Shoppix- no parking ticket, hand written ticket, travel tickets but does accept post office receipts
Huyu- only supermarket tickets (Asda, Morrison, Tesco, Sainsburys, Lidl and Aldi)
Snapmyeats- all receipts related to food and snacks as long it's on one side and contains store name, date and items description.
chickenchops15/12/2019 09:39

Can you use the same receipt on all apps? I currently use Shoppix.

Yes. I use one receipt for Receipthog, Shopping and Huyu. Though Huyu limits 10 receipts per week.
wackybacky15/12/2019 09:46

Yes. I use one receipt for Receipthog, Shopping and Huyu. Though Huyu …Yes. I use one receipt for Receipthog, Shopping and Huyu. Though Huyu limits 10 receipts per week.

Thank you
wackybacky15/12/2019 09:35

It's really simple. Just download the apps, sign up and fill in the …It's really simple. Just download the apps, sign up and fill in the questionnaire about yourself/ household and start to scan. There are some limitations for each app such as how many receipts you can snap on a week time frame or each store is allowed one receipt a day. It depends on which app you are using. Each receipts earn coins/ points. For receipt hop, you earn coins according to the reception value (eg, 0 to 10 is 5 coins, 10 to 50 is 10 coins). Once you reach certain coin/points threshold you can withdraw the money via PayPal, gift card vouchers (like amazon, itunes etc) and that's it.

Usually takes me about 2 months with each app
wackybacky15/12/2019 09:01

There is also snapmyeat, which is mainly for eating out/ food receipts. …There is also snapmyeat, which is mainly for eating out/ food receipts. Snap 15 receipts a month and you'll get a £5 Amazon voucher email to you the following month.

If I'm dining out 15 times a month I'd need a £5 Amazon Voucher to buy a tent to live in when my house gets taken away from
Stompin8915/12/2019 10:10

If I'm dining out 15 times a month I'd need a £5 Amazon Voucher to buy a …If I'm dining out 15 times a month I'd need a £5 Amazon Voucher to buy a tent to live in when my house gets taken away from

Haha it doesn't have to be dining out. It can be a receipt for a bottle water or chocolate bar from supermarkets or grocer that issue receipt. Even a coffee receipt will earn.
wackybacky15/12/2019 10:17

Haha it doesn't have to be dining out. It can be a receipt for a bottle …Haha it doesn't have to be dining out. It can be a receipt for a bottle water or chocolate bar from supermarkets or grocer that issue receipt. Even a coffee receipt will earn.

Thank God for that!
wackybacky15/12/2019 09:35

It's really simple. Just download the apps, sign up and fill in the …It's really simple. Just download the apps, sign up and fill in the questionnaire about yourself/ household and start to scan. There are some limitations for each app such as how many receipts you can snap on a week time frame or each store is allowed one receipt a day. It depends on which app you are using. Each receipts earn coins/ points. For receipt hop, you earn coins according to the reception value (eg, 0 to 10 is 5 coins, 10 to 50 is 10 coins). Once you reach certain coin/points threshold you can withdraw the money via PayPal, gift card vouchers (like amazon, itunes etc) and that's it.

Thanks! How are these businesses making money? Like what do they do with the receipts?
Been on this site 3 years and i thought it was only Quidco and tcb doing clicksnap
Thanks OP and everyone here providing the helpful info 😁
sir78615/12/2019 11:09

Thanks! How are these businesses making money? Like what do they do with …Thanks! How are these businesses making money? Like what do they do with the receipts?

Consumer data is the next gold mine
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions