Expired

Received new phone can I return

Found 20th Mar
I got a phone from argos but I'm not happy with it as the notifications don't show up half the time so I want to return it to Argos will they accept it has been turned on and used a little thanks
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
deleted1597344
As long as you are still within 14 days and you have proof of purchase, yes you can.
Original Poster
deleted159734420th Mar

As long as you are still within 14 days and you have proof of purchase, …As long as you are still within 14 days and you have proof of purchase, yes you can.

Thanks yes I have had it today and have proof of purchase but I purchased on argos via eBay so I sent them a message I'm guessing I post it back
deleted1597344
Splice19 m ago

Thanks yes I have had it today and have proof of purchase but I purchased …Thanks yes I have had it today and have proof of purchase but I purchased on argos via eBay so I sent them a message I'm guessing I post it back

Not always the case but may have to pay the return postage.
I think if you’ve bought online they have to accept returns for 14 days.
Original Poster
RadiantDuck2 m ago

I think if you’ve bought online they have to accept returns for 14 days.

Thanks maybe I should go to my local argos or just wait for a reply from them
Original Poster
deleted159734420th Mar

Not always the case but may have to pay the return postage.

Maybe better going to Argos
Splice3 m ago

Thanks maybe I should go to my local argos or just wait for a reply from …Thanks maybe I should go to my local argos or just wait for a reply from them

Worth a try, but a couple of years ago I had to return an Argos eBay phone, and they insisted on sending it back rather than going in store. But rules may have changed.
Original Poster
RadiantDuck4 m ago

Worth a try, but a couple of years ago I had to return an Argos eBay …Worth a try, but a couple of years ago I had to return an Argos eBay phone, and they insisted on sending it back rather than going in store. But rules may have changed.

I was thinking that online might involve posting rather then going in store I will wait for a reply I think hopefully tomorrow morning
Places like Argos, Tescos and Amazon are notoriously easy to return items.
Original Poster
RiverDragon825 m ago

Places like Argos, Tescos and Amazon are notoriously easy to return items.

I never sent a return to Argos before hope so
deleted159734420th Mar

As long as you are still within 14 days and you have proof of purchase, …As long as you are still within 14 days and you have proof of purchase, yes you can.

Only if it's unopened and unused, surely?
Yes.

@Illusionary I had bought some curtains online on their website that turned out not suitable and they said I could take them to a shop and return them even if I had opened the packaging.

I contacted them to ask and that was their reply. You're entitled to inspect the goods if you buy them online and make reasonable use of them.

If you buy in store, a shop is not obliged to take back opened goods instead (talking about shops in general, not just Argos).
Edited by: "hearts22" 21st Mar
Original Poster
hearts224 h, 28 m ago

Yes. @Illusionary I had bought some curtains online on their website that …Yes. @Illusionary I had bought some curtains online on their website that turned out not suitable and they said I could take them to a shop and return them even if I had opened the packaging.I contacted them to ask and that was their reply. You're entitled to inspect the goods if you buy them online and make reasonable use of them. If you buy in store, a shop is not obliged to take back opened goods instead (talking about shops in general, not just Argos).

Argos contacted me this morning they will give me a full refund and that's very good of them as it's opened they said will contact me shortly with instructions
Return policy are usually 14-30days in almost all stores

All products have warranty laws, if the phone breaks within 2yrs then they must offer a replacement or a repair
(This is only if you haven't dropped the phone)

I think it's 2yr warranty for all products
I heard its 6months - 12 month warranty is when you get a replacement /refund without Question, I heard if it's later then you must prove it (it's kinda confusing)

It's the same with clothes
If a coat zipper breaks or your shoes start falling apart then you can get a replacement
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants