Receiving a BACS payment to a post office account

Found 10th May
Someone has said they want to send me a bacs payment, i have an account at the Post Office, do i just give them the sorting code and account number.

Would this work the same as if it is a bank that is receiving it.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
What kind of account is it? With some institutions all the savings accounts have the same sort code and account number and then you use your roll number as a reference which is how the institution knows to allocate the payment to your account
Call them. Have looked at their web site and can't see why they wouldn't BUT equally, I cant see it mentioned either.
psychobitchfromhell30 m ago

What kind of account is it? With some institutions all the savings …What kind of account is it? With some institutions all the savings accounts have the same sort code and account number and then you use your roll number as a reference which is how the institution knows to allocate the payment to your account

on my book it says.

"Post Office Money Instant saver"
allowed8 m ago

on my book it says."Post Office Money Instant saver"

okey dokey. You will probably have a roll of reference number then. If they quote that it should be fine. The sort code doesn't start with 9 does it?
psychobitchfromhell35 m ago

okey dokey. You will probably have a roll of reference number then. If …okey dokey. You will probably have a roll of reference number then. If they quote that it should be fine. The sort code doesn't start with 9 does it?

The sort code does start with 9
allowed1 h, 14 m ago

The sort code does start with 9

oh heck. Bank of ireland. Runaway......
allowed3 h, 56 m ago

What does that mean?

Something goes wrong they are a nightmare to deal with. I speak from experience
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions