Groups

Receiving a refund via Paypal

Earlier this month I made a payment using my debit card via Paypal for a new PC case. Unfortunately those who received the case were disappointed so before dispatch I requested a refund.

The seller has promptly sent the refund but it appears the only way to receive the money is to add a bank account. Unfortunately I am unable to do so as it appears my bank details are already tied to a lost and dormant account (It is highly likely that this was caused by inactivity of my original Hotmail account many many years ago).

It appears I have also lost £7 due to changes in exchange rate from Euro to GBP but that's the least of my worries. Is there any other way to receive the money?

Thanks in advance.

4 Comments

if you can remember the details to the old account, log in and remove the bank details you will then be able to add them to the account you have now, failing that your best bet would be to gift the money to somebody who has the ability to withdraw it, I say gift because otherwise more charges will be incurred.

Open an online bank account - i opened a smile account for all my paypal transactions.

i think paypal return the money to your bank account once they receive it in the case of fefund or cancelled payments

Original Poster

juiceblaster;7375268

if you can remember the details to the old account, log in and remove the … if you can remember the details to the old account, log in and remove the bank details you will then be able to add them to the account you have now, failing that your best bet would be to gift the money to somebody who has the ability to withdraw it, I say gift because otherwise more charges will be incurred.

The charges are awful. Why does 154 Euros only convert to £133 on Paypal, but £137 on xe.com?
    I originally sent £140, so it seems a very high percentage of my money has disappeared into thin air :x

That's a good idea though, I will probably gift the money to a work colleague.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      2. Apples new update610
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335

See more discussions