Groups

Receiving false cashback?

Well, heres the story.

Other night i was signing up for O2 home broadband for my dad's office. I went through topcashback to get him £100 discount. I get to the final stage of the order, entering back accnt and debit info. At this point it decided either the info didnt match or it didn't like it. I dont have a clue why it didnt work..

Anyway..

Today i recieved an email from TCB regarding my cashback tracking, thats fine i thought as ive just bought a payg mobile. I check TCB and there is £100 also for broadband.

Em.. what?

9 Comments

It'll probably change to zero at some stage along the line - I've had that happen before. But there's a slim chance you might get it, I've had that happen before too with insurance that I didn't actually take out in the end...good luck!

Supermod

As already stated, this will soon track to £0 before it becomes payable.

Original Poster

Ok good. In the 1 in a mill chance it doesn't zero out, and it pays out, is it my obligation to pay it back? Can i get in any sort of trouble?

Keithoms;8942755

Ok good. In the 1 in a mill chance it doesn't zero out, and it pays out, … Ok good. In the 1 in a mill chance it doesn't zero out, and it pays out, is it my obligation to pay it back? Can i get in any sort of trouble?

nope, you did nothing wrong + there is no way to repay it

The same thing happened to me and it did pay even though the contract was never taken out

Banned

nah ive had quite a few orders cancelled from various places and still received the cashback...........not saying youll get this, as they pick it up but some retailers dont.......no morals on the subject here:)

Im sure I read someone that if its been paid theres nothing they can do about giving it back to the company?

I dont know for sure as its never happened to me sadly lol

Original Poster

lol.. its just tracked again for the last time i tried.. If this effs up ill be up £200

Original Poster

eep, its gone up to £203, i hope it pays out

Original Poster

Hmm. They gave me so much money that TCB awaded me with a higher cashback rate to say thank you
    http://localhostr.com/files/3d3e5b/capture.png
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32183
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1732

See more discussions